Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:34 AM

956 posts, read 1,114,568 times

Advertisements

No risk = no reward. With an attitude like yours, it is unlikely that you were bound to be successful with your new venture anyways, so pardon my bluntness, but are we supposed to give a s***? You go on and on about how much sweat and tears have been poured into this business plan, and you're willing to sacrifice it all over the personal vendetta you have against the President? Cry us a river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 11:35 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,411,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This thread is nothing more than the rantings of a "good ole boy" who is lamenting the loss of corporate welfare and overt cronyism which are the mainstays of the typical Obama-bashing flapjaws. Nothing more. The only reason that a business person would "hold out" on their fantabulously spectacular big time money making idea would be if it 1) it really is that great to begin with or 2) they are not receiving the "kick backs" and back room deals that they normally would under an (R) administration or 3) they aren't able to do business with regualtions in place to protect the general public and need "lose" regulations to be able to cut costs by polluting the environment, being lax on safety with workers, etc, etc.
More and more people are beginning to understand that the tidal wave of new regulations are not just republican talking points. They see it in their workplaces, their friends are talking about it, and it does help explain the weakest economic recovery on record. The load of crap dumped on the hometown bank next door has nothing to do with corporate welfare or protecting the public.

Like I say, people are catching on. Obama just hit a new record low in approval per Gallup (38%), and a record gap between approval and disapproval (16%).

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

If Obama gets another term, cooking schools for how to prepare tree bark and grass will boom.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:46 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
When have you EVER seen things like they are now???

I did not always agree with Bush however, I put a lot of money in the system back then.
That is not my point. My point is not that things were THIS bad then. Actually, now that I think about it, our country has seen many bad economical times. My point was that people don't think about the big picture with the economy. The economy starting going down before the President got into office. So how can we act like the President was supposed to fix everything? I don't even like the Administrations decisions and I can say that.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:47 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
No risk = no reward. With an attitude like yours, it is unlikely that you were bound to be successful with your new venture anyways, so pardon my bluntness, but are we supposed to give a s***? You go on and on about how much sweat and tears have been poured into this business plan, and you're willing to sacrifice it all over the personal vendetta you have against the President? Cry us a river.
That was kinda the point I was trying to make, lol.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:50 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This thread is nothing more than the rantings of a "good ole boy" who is lamenting the loss of corporate welfare and overt cronyism which are the mainstays of the typical Obama-bashing flapjaws. Nothing more. The only reason that a business person would "hold out" on their fantabulously spectacular big time money making idea would be if it 1) it really is that great to begin with or 2) they are not receiving the "kick backs" and back room deals that they normally would under an (R) administration or 3) they aren't able to do business with regualtions in place to protect the general public and need "lose" regulations to be able to cut costs by polluting the environment, being lax on safety with workers, etc, etc.
It is fun....

Obama made to clear he was for redistributing the wealth.

It took my wealth of the system.

Oh, we are drilling every weekday. I am drilling now.

And I keep track of things.

I will be done at this pace in October for the year.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:52 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
That was kinda the point I was trying to make, lol.
And my point is Obama will never get my money.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:16 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
While I can't speak to the OP's particular business interests. But the whole "There is too much government regulation argument" rings rather hollow in light of ongoing efforts of the Obama administrations to cut governmnet regulation.

Streamlining Regulation Government: Agencies offer plans for cutting costs, paperwork for businesses

Quote:
The White House this week unveiled plans from 30 government agencies to cut the cost and paperwork needed to comply with federal regulations.

The plans are in response to President Barack Obama’s January directive to agencies to weed out outdated regulations and ensure that those on the books promote economic growth and job creation while protecting public health and welfare (C&EN, Jan. 24, page 10).

Cass R. Sunstein, Obama’s regulatory gatekeeper, says this first round of reforms will save hundreds of millions of dollars in annual compliance costs and tens of millions of hours in reporting burdens. The changes could ring up billions of dollars in savings for U.S. businesses in coming years, he adds.

Major themes in the plans are scaling back or eliminating government paperwork that businesses must fill out and switching from paper to electronic reporting.
Obama Asks Businesses for Help as He Vows to Cut Regulations

Quote:
President Barack Obama told almost two dozen current and former corporate leaders he’ll work with businesses to reduce hurdles to job creation, including regulations, while asking their help lobbying Congress on measures to boost the recovery.

Obama met for more than an hour with his Council on Jobs and Competitiveness in Durham, North Carolina, hearing a selection of proposals from panel members, including General Electric Co. (GE) Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Immelt and American Express Co. (AXP) Chairman and CEO Kenneth Chenault, to create 1 million new jobs over the next two years.

“Sometimes we are going to need legislation and where we do, having a group like this that can reach a bipartisan consensus and then push Congress to act, I think, can make an extraordinary difference,†Obama said at the meeting, held at the headquarters of Cree Inc. (CREE), the Durham-based maker of energy- efficient light-emitting diode products, which are becoming increasingly common in homes, businesses and municipal applications such as streetlights.
Obama Orders FDA To Streamline Medical Tech Regulations

Quote:
On the same day that President Barack Obama chided regulatory agencies like the Food and Drug Administration for developing regulations that interfere "with the pursuit of progress and the growth of our economy," PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC) published a report that found emerging markets led by China, India, and Brazil are chipping away at America's lead in medical technology innovation, in part, because the FDA's 510 (k) medical device approval program is cumbersome and costly.

In an article he penned for Tuesday's Wall Street Journal, President Obama said the FDA will outline new efforts to improve the process for approving medical devices. The president also signed an executive order on Tuesday requiring federal agencies to ensure that regulations protect safety, health, and the environment while advancing economic growth.

Anand Iyer, president and chief operating officer of WellDoc, a telehealth company that recently received FDA 510 (k) clearance for its WellDoc DiabetesManager system, said the time has come for the FDA to develop a medical device approval program that demonstrates the balance of innovation and safety that the president seeks.
Based on the OP's consistent aniti-Obama postings I have to really wonder how credible his assertions really are.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:23 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
But the whole "There is too much government regulation argument" rings rather hollow in light of ongoing efforts of the Obama administrations to cut governmnet regulation.
Lets see, Obama hasn't lied about anything else has he

Maybe this time, ya this time I should believe his lipservice bullchit

Obama isn't going to cut a damn thing that is meaningful for business, and he knows it...but most importantly I know it!

Old 08-23-2011, 12:30 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
More and more people are beginning to understand that the tidal wave of new regulations are not just republican talking points. They see it in their workplaces, their friends are talking about it, and it does help explain the weakest economic recovery on record. The load of crap dumped on the hometown bank next door has nothing to do with corporate welfare or protecting the public.

Like I say, people are catching on. Obama just hit a new record low in approval per Gallup (38%), and a record gap between approval and disapproval (16%).

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

If Obama gets another term, cooking schools for how to prepare tree bark and grass will boom.
Exactly, the Dodd Frank Act will be an annoyance to the mega-banks. After all, they are sitting on enough excess cash to implement all needed changes.

But the small and mid-size banks that everyone has such a soft spot are really going to be screwed by this.

Unintended consequences.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:45 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
4) Inflation. The weak economy is putting downward pressures on prices while inflation begins to soar. Profit margins are too thin. It's business suicide.
Um...question...

If the weak economy is putting so much downward pressures on prices, then how can we have soaring inflation? In other words, how can prices be simultaneously depressed downward and also be soaring upward? Can you pls explain this to me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies