Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2011, 11:38 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I'm sure those who want to make money won't miss you
I already make plenty of money off of other ventures. The loser here is the economy, not me. My competitor should indeed be happy that i've decided to wait for a better business climate before I pounce, though. I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 11:43 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,140,057 times
I wouldn't worry about it to any of you posters sitting on the fence right now....just jump right in feet first, lawn equipment and dog crap scoopers can still be returned after 2 years or quickly resold, you might lose your insurance money and license fees though. Just write it off and move on to the drive thru window at the local McFry.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:54 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

4) Inflation. The weak economy is putting downward pressures on prices while inflation begins to soar. Profit margins are too thin. It's business suicide.
Inflation is not higher under Obama. That is something the OP is trying to ignore throughout the thread.
Maybe next time do a better research.

United States Inflation Rate

Old 08-21-2011, 03:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Inflation is not higher under Obama. That is something the OP is trying to ignore throughout the thread.
Maybe next time do a better research.

United States Inflation Rate
Apparently you can't read. What part of my statement (that you even quoted!) do I say that inflation is higher under Obama? In fact, I don't say that. I say that inflation is beginning climb, which is a fact. More than 100% increase since January of this year. And guess what? Barack Obama is President! Why don't you dismount your one-trick donkey and try to find something else to ping me with? I'm tired of seeing your empty attempts to prove me wrong.

Look at the numbers in this chart and tell me what you see. A steady increase, that's what you see, just as I stated. You've been proven wrong. Please, move along.

http://www.fintrend.com/inflation/in...tInflation.asp

Old 08-21-2011, 07:38 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,411,323 times
Default Aero, this article is all about you...

Quote:
I already make plenty of money off of other ventures. The loser here is the economy, not me. My competitor should indeed be happy that i've decided to wait for a better business climate before I pounce, though. I agree.
Nice summation of the current business situation in America with regard to Obama and the Democrat agenda....

Works and Days » Atlas Is Sorta Shrugging

I'm not sure if your detractors will comprehend it, but you and I know what the author is talking about.

I could have laid plans to triple the size of my business...for many reasons, some mentioned in the article, I bought a second home instead. Now I own a better suntan instead of a goose about to be used for somebody else's banquet.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:58 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
I believe a few posters do not understand my future plan on hold.

It is too add a new rig and crew.

But, to lose money.

In six years I will be down to $60,000 in depreciation. (On my rig)

I can't live on that so, I just might have to buy something.

That is my fear.

I do not want to feed the beast right now.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:54 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,569,957 times
The CEOs of super-successful companies including hotel impresario Steve Wynn, John Mackey (Whole Foods) & Jim McNerney (Boeing) would also agree with you 100%.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:52 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,558 times
Quote:
Apparently you can't read. What part of my statement (that you even quoted!) do I say that inflation is higher under Obama? In fact, I don't say that. I say that inflation is beginning climb, which is a fact. More than 100% increase since January of this year. And guess what? Barack Obama is President! Why don't you dismount your one-trick donkey and try to find something else to ping me with? I'm tired of seeing your empty attempts to prove me wrong.

Look at the numbers in this chart and tell me what you see. A steady increase, that's what you see, just as I stated. You've been proven wrong. Please, move along.

Current Inflation
Apparently you are the one that can't read. Inflation is not higher than usual even though its been growing in the past months. When you look at the chart, you'll see that inflation increases and decreases and its not unsual high these days. Inflation was extremely low last year. Have you said anything nice about Obama for keeping inflation low last year? Doubt it.

Im not even a big Obama fan, but what you do is pathetic. You are scared to open your business and want to blame it on someone else.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:28 PM

30,069 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Could you put your voting plans on hold as well?

If he does, it will negatively impact you as well. Even liberals will benefit when Obama is out of office, as some have jobs and pay taxes. No one benefits when the economy is in the dumps and the ranks of the unemployed are expanded (with perhaps the exception of a government that derives its power from a dependent class).

Old 08-22-2011, 04:03 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,918 times
Quote:
Re-read the OP. There will be NO business practice until a more favorable business climate is in place. That will not take place until Barack Obama is out of office. He's had 2+ years to prove his business acumen, and all he's done is decimate business confidence.
I'd like to know what your confidence level was last decade. It was a good decade to get government contracts and construction work for sure. No question, it's not the best climate for business out there. Some things I'd hold off on, others not. But many businesses are thriving.

Personally, I found Bush's EPA one of the most burdensome. I'm hoping that getting rid of some of the tax subsidies will help that out if passed.

I'm really puzzled by this type of remark.

Quote:
5) Credit. Access to the capital markets is very limited, to say the least. What has this government done to make sure that us business owners have what we need to succeed? Nothing to speak of, which could hinder my ability to expand.
You're quite lucky now to even be able to use the term "capital", we were headed way in the other direction. What type of things does the government have to provide you with to make sure you have what you need? Who will be providing this to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies