Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 09:08 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Yeah, never said that. But this guy has such a "great" business plan to fill a "need" in the DC metro area, an intelligent person would make the jump and proceed. The government is not gonna get in your way, and hell if it does, do what people have been doing since the industrial revolution: find a loophole, lol. This guy isn't doing us any favors since he doesn't "need" to start the business and can sit on his money all he wants (Great way to invest those millions in capital he has) This thread is just another "waah, I want Obama out thread so I'm going to make up some imaginary scenario in which I won't start a lucrative business until he's gone." wah
My guess is you have never run a business.

I will sit on my cash so it is NOT helping Obama's economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I suspect the OP could go ahead with his plans. Junior Achievement projects are not likely to be too impacted by the current economics problems.
Awwww....did JA turn you down????

Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
My guess is you have never run a business.

I will sit on my cash so it is NOT helping Obama's economy.
Your guess would be completely wrong.

So you will sit on your cash so it is not helping the US economy. Fine. I stand by my original statement of "cutting off your nose to spite your face". Sheesh.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:20 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Over the last 18 months I have worked diligently on my next business venture, putting blood, sweat, and tears into the business plan. I have identified what I believe is a glaring gap in the market segment into which I seek to operate, and I am confident that I will be successful.
Me too! Except I haven't had to sweat, cry, or bleed myself over it. Just simple planning, making business contacts, looking at specific laws governing things relevant to my upcoming business.

Quote:
What i'm not confident about is the business climate in this nation.
Haven't had this problem. According to all the numbers I've crunched for my business, it'd still be profitable in this market. I already know that, for a fact, no equivalent exists within 500 miles of where I plan to have it. Heck, the only ones I can think of are about 2000 miles away and are extremely profitable.

Quote:
My business plan will stay on the back burner until this President and his anti-business minions are gone for good. I surmise that i'm not the only one with this plan.
The only thing that I'm having to wait for is the land to be prepared in the area I'm scouting.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:

So you will sit on your cash so it is not helping the US economy. Fine. I stand by my original statement of "cutting off your nose to spite your face". Sheesh.
But, I do not NEED any more money.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:38 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
I sit back and laugh at the posts saying.... "your business plan must suck"....."any intelligent person would just jump and do it"....."must be Junior Achievement" yada yada yada. But yet none of these people have spelled out WHY it's a good idea for me to start this business in this economic climate. LOL It's because it's easier for you to sit on the forum and engage in Obama's Class Warfare Schtick (ie. Business Sucks!) than it is to exude knowledge of economic and business principles. Hardly a single one of you have a clue what it means to run a multi-million dollar business, but yet i'm supposed to take advice from you? LOL

Old 08-23-2011, 09:38 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
My business plan will stay on the back burner until this President and his anti-business minions are gone for good. I surmise that i'm not the only one with this plan.
0bama has been like a wrecking ball, to both the economy and business community. Every couple months he or his administration are demonizing some new part of the public sector, screaming for new tax increases, creating new federal regulations which must be complied with and paid for, all of which unravel or complicate the plans and operations of a business. I've heard your exact story repeated over and over, people are getting small and trying to wait out this 0bama storm.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I sit back and laugh at the posts saying.... "your business plan must suck"....."any intelligent person would just jump and do it"....."must be Junior Achievement" yada yada yada. But yet none of these people have spelled out WHY it's a good idea for me to start this business in this economic climate. LOL It's because it's easier for you to sit on the forum and engage in Obama's Class Warfare schtick than it is to exude knowledge of economic and business priniciples. Hardly a single one of you have a clue what it means to run a multi-million dollar business, but yet i'm supposed to take advice from you? LOL
You have to go with YOUR gut feeling.....

And it is still frighting.

Best of luck when you are ready.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:43 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:

You are wrong, it's common sense. When there is baseball sized hail falling to the ground you don't choose to simply ignore it and you don't take the risk of going outside.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:54 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,411,323 times
Quote:
I sit back and laugh at the posts saying.... "your business plan must suck"....."any intelligent person would just jump and do it"....."must be Junior Achievement" yada yada yada. But yet none of these people have spelled out WHY it's a good idea for me to start this business in this economic climate. LOL It's because it's easier for you to sit on the forum and engage in Obama's Class Warfare Schtick (ie. Business Sucks!) than it is to exude knowledge of economic and business principles. Hardly a single one of you have a clue what it means to run a multi-million dollar business, but yet i'm supposed to take advice from you? LOL
Some people here seem to be at Jack Handy's level of understanding of business and finance:

"It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies