Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 04:06 PM

888 posts, read 887,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Over the last 18 months I have worked diligently on my next business venture, putting blood, sweat, and tears into the business plan. I have identified what I believe is a glaring gap in the market segment into which I seek to operate, and I am confident that I will be successful.

What i'm not confident about is the business climate in this nation. This, of course, is not unique to me, as it as been stated quite clearly since Barack Obama took office that this Administration is a roadblock to business creation, and subsequently the jobs that accommodate business growth.

Here's why I am holding out:

1) I have no confidence in the economic policies of this Administration. I shouldn't have to elaborate on this point, as we all know the disaster that has evolved in the White House over the past 2.5 years. Any President who specifically states that he plans to bankrupt a private industry is not a supporter of business. There's no other conclusion that can be drawn.

2) Capital expenditures are too risky. Why should I purchase and/or expand facilities when the return on investment is far from calculable? Why should I purchase inventory and equipment when expectations for future sales and growth are far from certain?

3) If my competitors are liquidating, thats an indicator that revenues are down and profits are in jeopardy. I don't mind taking risks, but if the writing is on the wall, then I don't intentionally go and bang my head on that wall and expect to come away with a different outcome.

4) Inflation. The weak economy is putting downward pressures on prices while inflation begins to soar. Profit margins are too thin. It's business suicide.

5) Credit. Access to the capital markets is very limited, to say the least. What has this government done to make sure that us business owners have what we need to succeed? Nothing to speak of, which could hinder my ability to expand.

If this Administration had an inkling of business experience, it would know that it needs to get out of the way and let the engine of this economy (small businesses) take over. But instead we have a complete and total Loss of Confidence, which is all it takes to crush business aspiration.

My business plan will stay on the back burner until this President and his anti-business minions are gone for good. I surmise that i'm not the only one with this plan.
Actually Obama is probably doing you a favor by keeping you from losing your shirt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 04:53 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
If there's anything the Leftists on this forum should read, it should be this.

This tidbit is what the anti-business Left don't understand. It's clearly stated so that even they can understand it. But will they embrace it?

If they can understand this summary, then they might finally understand why Barack Obama will be a one-term President.

Excellent article!
It is a good article, and I agree, the Leftists do not understand it. Like the Republicans before them, they have their sights set on big business, not the well off, but not stinking rich, upper middle class. Yes, I define them as many of the small-business $250k and up owners.

If you're looking for government to help out that group, you'll be waiting a long, long time. Some of this group benefitted from some of the high-flying days of ridiculous government last decade, but you were collateral beneficiaries, certainly not the target.

Lay out what you think you want to happen.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:47 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
lol this thread is the epitome of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:59 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times
Quote:
Over the last 18 months I have worked diligently on my next business venture, putting blood, sweat, and tears into the business plan. I have identified what I believe is a glaring gap in the market segment into which I seek to operate, and I am confident that I will be successful.

What i'm not confident about is the business climate in this nation. This, of course, is not unique to me, as it as been stated quite clearly since Barack Obama took office that this Administration is a roadblock to business creation, and subsequently the jobs that accommodate business growth.

Here's why I am holding out:

1) I have no confidence in the economic policies of this Administration. I shouldn't have to elaborate on this point, as we all know the disaster that has evolved in the White House over the past 2.5 years. Any President who specifically states that he plans to bankrupt a private industry is not a supporter of business. There's no other conclusion that can be drawn.

2) Capital expenditures are too risky. Why should I purchase and/or expand facilities when the return on investment is far from calculable? Why should I purchase inventory and equipment when expectations for future sales and growth are far from certain?

3) If my competitors are liquidating, thats an indicator that revenues are down and profits are in jeopardy. I don't mind taking risks, but if the writing is on the wall, then I don't intentionally go and bang my head on that wall and expect to come away with a different outcome.

4) Inflation. The weak economy is putting downward pressures on prices while inflation begins to soar. Profit margins are too thin. It's business suicide.

5) Credit. Access to the capital markets is very limited, to say the least. What has this government done to make sure that us business owners have what we need to succeed? Nothing to speak of, which could hinder my ability to expand.

If this Administration had an inkling of business experience, it would know that it needs to get out of the way and let the engine of this economy (small businesses) take over. But instead we have a complete and total Loss of Confidence, which is all it takes to crush business aspiration.

My business plan will stay on the back burner until this President and his anti-business minions are gone for good. I surmise that i'm not the only one with this plan.
Any business person with a lick of sense takes the reins now and gets it done.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:14 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
You're putting a lot of thought into opening a new lemonade stand on your lawn, brother. Just ask for permission from your mom and open that sucker.
Opening up a lemonade stand and working for a living would be a huge change for the vast majority of Democlowns since they have gotten used to sucking welfare checks for a long time

Old 08-22-2011, 07:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Apparently you can't read. What part of my statement (that you even quoted!) do I say that inflation is higher under Obama? In fact, I don't say that. I say that inflation is beginning climb, which is a fact. More than 100% increase since January of this year. And guess what? Barack Obama is President! Why don't you dismount your one-trick donkey and try to find something else to ping me with? I'm tired of seeing your empty attempts to prove me wrong.

Look at the numbers in this chart and tell me what you see. A steady increase, that's what you see, just as I stated. You've been proven wrong. Please, move along.

Current Inflation
No, you said inflation is beginning to "soar" (your word). I looked at the chart and see no evidence of that.

What kind of a business are you planning to start, anyway? Aren't you a government contractor? Don't you depend on the feds to live?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:42 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Any business person with a lick of sense takes the reins now and gets it done.
Will you be opening a business in the next few months????

Old 08-22-2011, 09:43 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
lol this thread is the epitome of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Not at all...

It is people doing what they want with THEIR money.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:12 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Not at all...

It is people doing what they want with THEIR money.
Yeah, never said that. But this guy has such a "great" business plan to fill a "need" in the DC metro area, an intelligent person would make the jump and proceed. The government is not gonna get in your way, and hell if it does, do what people have been doing since the industrial revolution: find a loophole, lol. This guy isn't doing us any favors since he doesn't "need" to start the business and can sit on his money all he wants (Great way to invest those millions in capital he has) This thread is just another "waah, I want Obama out thread so I'm going to make up some imaginary scenario in which I won't start a lucrative business until he's gone." wah

Old 08-23-2011, 06:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
I suspect the OP could go ahead with his plans. Junior Achievement projects are not likely to be too impacted by the current economics problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies