Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 09:55 AM

855 posts, read 1,173,566 times

Advertisements

seems to me like OP's business idea isn't all that great to begin with. just someone else making excuses, being a procrastinator, ignorant in the name of "principles" or all of the above. scared money don't make money...

THEN AGAIN in all of OP's right leaning and his declared wealth in not having to work, it just goes to show that all of the tea party barking about needing low taxes on the wealthy and other trickle down nonsense DOES NOT CREATE JOBS since OP chooses to sit on his money and not proceed to set up shop with his stellar business idea and employ people.

thanks for reinforcing the obvious that so many other tea partiers, republicans, etc. choose not to acknowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 10:01 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Default sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Over the last 18 months I have worked diligently on my next business venture, putting blood, sweat, and tears into the business plan. I have identified what I believe is a glaring gap in the market segment into which I seek to operate, and I am confident that I will be successful.

What i'm not confident about is the business climate in this nation. This, of course, is not unique to me, as it as been stated quite clearly since Barack Obama took office that this Administration is a roadblock to business creation, and subsequently the jobs that accommodate business growth.

Here's why I am holding out:

1) I have no confidence in the economic policies of this Administration. I shouldn't have to elaborate on this point, as we all know the disaster that has evolved in the White House over the past 2.5 years. Any President who specifically states that he plans to bankrupt a private industry is not a supporter of business. There's no other conclusion that can be drawn.

2) Capital expenditures are too risky. Why should I purchase and/or expand facilities when the return on investment is far from calculable? Why should I purchase inventory and equipment when expectations for future sales and growth are far from certain?

3) If my competitors are liquidating, thats an indicator that revenues are down and profits are in jeopardy. I don't mind taking risks, but if the writing is on the wall, then I don't intentionally go and bang my head on that wall and expect to come away with a different outcome.

4) Inflation. The weak economy is putting downward pressures on prices while inflation begins to soar. Profit margins are too thin. It's business suicide.

5) Credit. Access to the capital markets is very limited, to say the least. What has this government done to make sure that us business owners have what we need to succeed? Nothing to speak of, which could hinder my ability to expand.

If this Administration had an inkling of business experience, it would know that it needs to get out of the way and let the engine of this economy (small businesses) take over. But instead we have a complete and total Loss of Confidence, which is all it takes to crush business aspiration.

My business plan will stay on the back burner until this President and his anti-business minions are gone for good. I surmise that i'm not the only one with this plan.
It won't let me rep you...... AGAIN!

Old 08-23-2011, 10:02 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,412,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
seems to me like OP's business idea isn't all that great to begin with. just someone else making excuses, being a procrastinator, ignorant in the name of "principles" or all of the above. scared money don't make money...

THEN AGAIN in all of OP's right leaning and his declared wealth in not having to work, it just goes to show that all of the tea party barking about needing low taxes on the wealthy and other trickle down nonsense DOES NOT CREATE JOBS since OP chooses to sit on his money and not proceed to set up shop with his stellar business idea and employ people.

thanks for reinforcing the obvious that so many other tea partiers, republicans, etc. choose not to acknowledge.
The main problem is that we cannot create jobs faster than Obama destroys them.

Works and Days » Atlas Is Sorta Shrugging

Old 08-23-2011, 10:04 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:

100%

Old 08-23-2011, 10:16 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:

Flawed logic.

My business plan, which is already funded, calls for the purchase of 37 units, each costing $297,000. That's $11M in outlays, and only covers 47% of the total capital expenditures.

The company that manufactures this product has 5,000 employees and the plant is located in Kansas.

Now, tell me, how exactly do you figure that trickle down economics doesn't work if i'm witholding until the business climate is more receptive? Are those 5,000 manufacturing employees (a rarity) benefiting or not? They sure would if I pulled the trigger.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:20 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You are wrong, it's common sense. When there is baseball sized hail falling to the ground you don't choose to simply ignore it and you don't take the risk of going outside.
Um, no I'm not. The guy made an assumption that I never ran a business before. And I corrected him.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:22 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
But, I do not NEED any more money.
Then why are you complaining? My original comment was aimed at the OP.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:24 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Um, no I'm not. The guy made an assumption that I never ran a business before. And I corrected him.
That was me... a girl BTW.

What kind of businnes did you run???

Old 08-23-2011, 10:25 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Over the last 18 months I have worked diligently on my next business venture, putting blood, sweat, and tears into the business plan. I have identified what I believe is a glaring gap in the market segment into which I seek to operate, and I am confident that I will be successful.

What i'm not confident about is the business climate in this nation. This, of course, is not unique to me, as it as been stated quite clearly since Barack Obama took office that this Administration is a roadblock to business creation, and subsequently the jobs that accommodate business growth.

Here's why I am holding out:

1) I have no confidence in the economic policies of this Administration. I shouldn't have to elaborate on this point, as we all know the disaster that has evolved in the White House over the past 2.5 years. Any President who specifically states that he plans to bankrupt a private industry is not a supporter of business. There's no other conclusion that can be drawn.

2) Capital expenditures are too risky. Why should I purchase and/or expand facilities when the return on investment is far from calculable? Why should I purchase inventory and equipment when expectations for future sales and growth are far from certain?

3) If my competitors are liquidating, thats an indicator that revenues are down and profits are in jeopardy. I don't mind taking risks, but if the writing is on the wall, then I don't intentionally go and bang my head on that wall and expect to come away with a different outcome.

4) Inflation. The weak economy is putting downward pressures on prices while inflation begins to soar. Profit margins are too thin. It's business suicide.

5) Credit. Access to the capital markets is very limited, to say the least. What has this government done to make sure that us business owners have what we need to succeed? Nothing to speak of, which could hinder my ability to expand.

If this Administration had an inkling of business experience, it would know that it needs to get out of the way and let the engine of this economy (small businesses) take over. But instead we have a complete and total Loss of Confidence, which is all it takes to crush business aspiration.

My business plan will stay on the back burner until this President and his anti-business minions are gone for good. I surmise that i'm not the only one with this plan.
I guess you be getting started in Janaury of 2017.

In the meantime might I suggest you take up golf if you are currently not doing so. It's great fun, very relaxing and you can use it to socialize with business associates.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:27 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Then why are you complaining? My original comment was aimed at the OP.
The "cutting off your nose" part.

My nose are face are just fine...Obama not doing so great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies