Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 11:25 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,938,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
So it should be natural to kill your children because animals do it, it should be natural to each others poop because animals do it. Is that what your saying?
Circular logic alert!

Gay ain't right cuz it ain't natural

Gay sex occurs in nature across species

Natural doesn't make it right

Which is it? You seem to want it both ways. Is it not right because it's unnatural or does natural not = right??? If natural doesn't make it right, then why is it bad because it's not natural

Old 08-27-2011, 11:37 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,261,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
So it should be natural to kill your children because animals do it, it should be natural to each others poop because animals do it. Is that what your saying?
You're getting your websites confused again, dude.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:44 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Tells quite a different story to the blog you linked to doesn't it?

What would you expect from ABC?

Some Alameda parents are welcoming the new material.

"I think the less narrow minded that we bring up our children, the more open they will be they will be to what they see and what they are exposed to and the more accepting they will be that there are just differences," parent Maybel Castro said.

But some parents and pro-family advocacy groups say the curriculum is not age-appropriate.

"This is not the role of the school," Capitol Resource Institute spokesperson Karen England said. "These are issues that belong at home and these are discussions that belong at home, they certainly do not belong in the kindergarten classrooms of our public schools."

Here, I'll give it a happy face

Now it's OK to teach kindergarten kids about homosexuality before they're old enough to learn about sexuality.

Go ahead...America is watching.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:44 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
We're talking about gay sex. When 2 male lions are having sex in the wild, it means gay sex is "natural", as it's found in nature.
Some animals eat their babies. Are you advocating we eat our babies too? I mean, it is "natural" isn't it? Should we also start to embrace cannibalism because some animal species eat their own kind?

Old 08-27-2011, 11:49 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
You're getting your websites confused again, dude.
I'm not the one who is confused, the Senator from Puerto Rico is. He is living a life of lies and speaking against what is his own secret life, he is ashamed of his desires and a very disturbed person or he would live his life as he wants.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:50 AM

679 posts, read 615,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Some animals eat their babies. Are you advocating we eat our babies too? I mean, it is "natural" isn't it? Should we also start to embrace cannibalism because some animal species eat their own kind?

See, here you are advocating that using "natural" as a defense is illogical

but if that's true, then you can't say that homosexuality isn't natural and therefore it's wrong. Because, as you yourself have shown, using "natural" as a defense is illogical.

The only thing you're left with is someone saying homosexuality is wrong because they don't like it.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:54 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What is the main argument against homosexuals? It is "Its not natural".

Old 08-27-2011, 11:59 AM

679 posts, read 615,049 times
I really think it doesn't make sense when people compare this kind of hypocrisy to some of the straight politicians that have been caught cheating. They aren't equivalent levels of hypocrisy.

Yes, a lot of those politicians spoke about "strong family values" and morals and what not, but unless they were also voting to keep rights away from people that committed adultery and tried to pass laws saying that adulterers can't marry. Or said that adulterers were any number of the horrible things that people say about homosexuals, then its not equivalent.

This guy is on the record for voting for the banning the recognition of same-sex marriages and voting against civil unions. THAT is Hypocrisy. THAT is what's bull****.

Truthfully I think the whole picture scandal is starting to get out of control. I don't care if a Politician is trying to get laid, as long as he's doing his job. I do care if he is repeatedly saying lies over and over to get support, of course though that eliminates pretty much all Politicians so that sucks for me.
ah well.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:05 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Some psychologists might argue yes. Karl Menninger famously believed people get a vicarious thrill out of first voyeuristically learning about, and then punishing, crime of all types. Not sure if I agree, but it's an idea to which many people adhere.
My sister has a doctorate in the psychology of psychology... and she's one of the nuttiest people I've ever met.
I'm often impressed that a psychologist or psychiatrist can make conclusions based on logical fallacy and loose connections with not a shred of evidence to support their purported causality are lauded as genius' while anyone else would be ripped to shreds for coming to conclusions based on ideas they pulled from their anuses.

People can easily have an aversion to a trait without secretly wishing to share that trait. Most aversions, at least in my experience, seem to stem from a traumatic experience. I am quite claustrophobic because I was trapped in a small and dark place for days. I most definitely do not have any secret desire to again find myself in a similar situation. I suspect there are some homphobes who are indeed harbor strong homosexual desires but I also think that most quite simply find homosexuality repugnant for whatever reason. Everyone has a reason for everything. I personally don't care.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
What makes you believe this guy is anti gay? Because he is against gay marriage? Being against gay marriage simply doesn't make one anti gay. Some folks look for hypocrisy where it doesn't exist.
It's not just his position on same-sex marriage:

"In 2009 he voted in favor of Resolution 99 which would have amended Puerto Rico's constitution to ban the recognition of same-sex marriages (it didn't pass). He has been opposed to civil union bills and in 2004 he used a rubber duck and made it quack to make fun of an opponent (in Puerto Rico, the word for duck, "pato", means f*ggot.)"

Joe. My. God.: PUERTO RICO: Chair Of 2004 Dubya Campaign Busted Showing Hole On Grindr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies