Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 03:26 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you know how long the people along the Missouri have been under water?

Just asking about that since it has been so long. I sympathize with all of you who were close enough to Irene to be flooded so badly, however I do not think that we should just forget those people along the Missouri, and lower Mississippi and the people of Joplin. You saying you aren't trying to hear about those other people sounds bad but it is easy to understand how you feel the way you do.

Roy, no one I mean no one made any statement to forget about Joplin. Hell, I haven't even forgotten about our Troops. But your asking those of us who have just experienced an entire weekend of the worst weather and loss in 10 years. There was no so what mentality from myself or any other poster during Joplin or Texas Tornado and Hurricanes. The statements that came even from Politicans is sickening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 07:31 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,104,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Roy, no one I mean no one made any statement to forget about Joplin. Hell, I haven't even forgotten about our Troops. But your asking those of us who have just experienced an entire weekend of the worst weather and loss in 10 years. There was no so what mentality from myself or any other poster during Joplin or Texas Tornado and Hurricanes. The statements that came even from Politicans is sickening.
So does anyone on this thread know exactly what FEMA would do?
Provide basic housing for the homeless due to a disaster
Provide food vouchers for people in need

I think there is a law that allows you to put your house loan on hold or defer the payment

provide medicine for the needy
Provides low cost interest loans for business that was destroyed
basically provide a framework for a devastated area to rebuild

beyond that i am sure there is massive assistance in getting your village city or town in order
sewer, roads , bridges etc

Just curious if there is anything else that FEMA does

Old 09-01-2011, 03:52 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,290,293 times
Wow, what an idiot thread this is.

There are towns in Vermont that are still isolated from the rest of the world and unable to get food, water, medicine and emergency services due to flooding washing out the roads. People in Jopliln are rebuilding but are no longer in need of rescue or emergency supply operations, so some of the meager FEMA funding is getting routed to New England temporarily to SAVE LIVES.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:44 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I'm not blaming anyone. What I'm trying to understand is WHY this ugliness towards millions of American's who have just faced the worst weather in their area in 10 years? The respones I've seen so far is because this occured in Liberal states, which is truely pathetic.
I see no such thing, Congress won't allocate money

Old 09-01-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Wow, what an idiot thread this is.

There are towns in Vermont that are still isolated from the rest of the world and unable to get food, water, medicine and emergency services due to flooding washing out the roads. People in Jopliln are rebuilding but are no longer in need of rescue or emergency supply operations, so some of the meager FEMA funding is getting routed to New England temporarily to SAVE LIVES.
But they are liberals, in the new "Real America" they don't count

Old 09-01-2011, 07:17 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
But they are liberals, in the new "Real America" they don't count
Says who? Who the hell says that the people of Vermont are liberals? Is this something you saw on the internet so it must be true? Or did you get this off the Bob Newhart show?

Old 09-01-2011, 07:19 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Says who? Who the hell says that the people of Vermont are liberals? Is this something you saw on the internet so it must be true? Or did you get this off the Bob Newhart show?
I do believe "Boompa" was employing sarcasm in that post.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:44 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,628 times
Money blown on ridiculous wars and the 17 trillion in banker bailouts would have went a long way for both disasters.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:24 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,104,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
Money blown on ridiculous wars and the 17 trillion in banker bailouts would have went a long way for both disasters.
Yeah no kidding- Instead chase and bank of america continues to get slapped in the face for not adhering to the HAMP program

STILL they have not learned the lesson

but still we bailed the sob's out
i sure would have rather had that money gone elsewhere to
too big to fail my apsen

Old 09-02-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Excuuuuuuuse me, obviously my sarcasm is lost on you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies