Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 08:40 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
IVF : Failure & Treatment

When they attempt to implant those embryos and those embryos fail to impant, who gets charged with the multiple homicides? I mean, look....they just killed a lot of people. I'd say put the mom in jail for life. After all, they were OK before they met her, right? Once inside, they didn't stand a chance.

Maybe just manslaughter. See how dumb this line of thought sounds?
If you're murdering people with abortion, then you're murdering people with fertility clinics. Or at least playing dice with God.

The reason is very simple. The kinds of people who can afford to get those procedures have political clout in this nation.

The kinds of women who get abortions are generally don't have that kind of political clout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 08:41 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
...No to get all underwear-talky, but... do you have a funeral every time your wife has her period?
You need to do some research. A period starts because no fertilized egg was implanted.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The reason is very simple. The kinds of people who can afford to get those procedures have political clout in this nation.

The kinds of women who get abortions are generally don't have that kind of political clout.
I am sure rich women get abortions all the time. Money was no object to them. I bet some are wives of congressmen.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:52 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You need to do some research. A period starts because no fertilized egg was implanted.
Research says otherwise. Many times there is fertilization but for one of a gazillion reasons it just doesn't seem to "take". Late periods, heavy periods, etc. can often be extremely early miscarriages. I think the rate is pretty high. It doesn't seem to matter though because unless someone has been confirmed to be pregnant before it happends nobody is the wiser.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:57 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
I am sure rich women get abortions all the time. Money was no object to them. I bet some are wives of congressmen.

What you are sure about and what is reality is incorrect. There is no doubt that some individual wealthy married women get abortions, it would be a huge mistake to say those are the kinds of women economically speaking who get the majority of abortions in this nation.

Again, the question was asked why fertility clinics are not demonized, I gave the reality based reason. Those families that go the fertility clinic route are in the upper income distribution and therefore their actions will not be demonized politically.

The women who get abortions don't generally come from that same economic class, so therefore it is easier to demonize the activities of said women in this society.

It really is as simple as that.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Research says otherwise. Many times there is fertilization but for one of a gazillion reasons it just doesn't seem to "take". Late periods, heavy periods, etc. can often be extremely early miscarriages. I think the rate is pretty high. It doesn't seem to matter though because unless someone has been confirmed to be pregnant before it happends nobody is the wiser.
Most do not have any problem with nature taking it's course. No one can change the weather either, we have no control over it. It's sad but we live in this world and it's not perfect.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:03 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
None so don't let them scare you.

Also there is some scientists doing gene therapy. They want to tinker with the kind of children that will be born. Gender, color of eyes, tall and on and on. Hitler and his gang would be so proud. Brave New World is coming and it is scary.
Actually, as a person who is currently ON enzyme replacement therapy that was developed by 'tinkering with genes' this technology could save people's lives. People like me who were born with genetic disorders that need to be treated.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
What you are sure about and what is reality is incorrect. There is no doubt that some individual wealthy married women get abortions, it would be a huge mistake to say those are the kinds of women economically speaking who get the majority of abortions in this nation.

Again, the question was asked why fertility clinics are not demonized, I gave the reality based reason. Those families that go the fertility clinic route are in the upper income distribution and therefore their actions will not be demonized politically.

The women who get abortions don't generally come from that same economic class, so therefore it is easier to demonize the activities of said women in this society.

It really is as simple as that.
BC fails and I don't think that is any different for rich women or poor. BC does not care what background you come from. Condoms are not that expensive and poor women can get BC shots and IUDs at their low income neighborhood clinics.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:11 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Condoms are not that expensive and poor women can get BC shots and IUDs at their low income neighborhood clinics.

oh you mean those clinics that your side would like to de-fund and provide not support to whatsoever?

Because you, know the largest poor income clinics around that provide preventative care happen to be Planned Parenthood. The clinic that you all would like to see disappear, thereby eliminating that low income neighborhood clinics that these poor women and men can go and their condoms and Birth control from.

funny how reality rears is ugly head.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually, as a person who is currently ON enzyme replacement therapy that was developed by 'tinkering with genes' this technology could save people's lives. People like me who were born with genetic disorders that need to be treated.
Doctors can do surgery in utero. No problem with that. It's when they start dong gene therapy for designer babies. You can't see what evil can come out of that? It would be nice if they can stop at the morality line but many won't.

I'm glad you have your therapy but are you sure it came from gene therapy on embryos?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies