Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 09:14 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
oh you mean those clinics that your side would like to de-fund and provide not support to whatsoever?

Because you, know the largest poor income clinics around that provide preventative care happen to be Planned Parenthood. The clinic that you all would like to see disappear, thereby eliminating that low income neighborhood clinics that these poor women and men can go and their condoms and Birth control from.

funny how reality rears is ugly head.
No. not those. The ones that don't do abortions. But you may be right---most do abortions. Guess some agree after all. PP main job is abortions. It would be nice if they only dispensed BC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 09:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Doctors can do surgery in utero. No problem with that. It's when they start dong gene therapy for designer babies. You can't see what evil can come out of that? It would be nice if they can stop at the morality line but many won't.

I'm glad you have your therapy but are you sure it came from gene therapy on embryos?
Really? Doctors could have done surgery on me in utero to replace the gene my DNA doesn't have? Wow, you should really publish your findings because it would help a lot of people!

Yes, with good things happening there is ALWAYS a possibility of someone doing evil with it. I'm not going to give up my therapy because someone, somewhere MIGHT do something wrong with it.

You mentioned gene therapy in general, but yes, preliminary research for my therapy was done with replicating cells found in embryos.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
No. not those. The ones that don't do abortions. But you may be right---most do abortions. Guess some agree after all. PP main job is abortions. It would be nice if they only dispensed BC.
Less than 3% of PP services are abortions.

How is that their main job?

There are plenty of PP clinics that don't do abortions at all, and yet people like you want to defund them because they share the same name. NO TAX DOLLARS GO TO ABORTION SERVICES. Why can't you guys get that?

Old 08-20-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Really? Doctors could have done surgery on me in utero to replace the gene my DNA doesn't have? Wow, you should really publish your findings because it would help a lot of people!

Yes, with good things happening there is ALWAYS a possibility of someone doing evil with it. I'm not going to give up my therapy because someone, somewhere MIGHT do something wrong with it.

You mentioned gene therapy in general, but yes, preliminary research for my therapy was done with replicating cells found in embryos.
My church does not agree with that. there is no problem with adult stem cell therapy though. Many issues can be better treated with adult gene therapy but even so many do not agree with using embryos.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Less than 3% of PP services are abortions.

How is that their main job?

There are plenty of PP clinics that don't do abortions at all, and yet people like you want to defund them because they share the same name. NO TAX DOLLARS GO TO ABORTION SERVICES. Why can't you guys get that?
If PP does abortions and they get tax dollars how can you say those tax dollars does not go to pay for them? I won't accept PPs accountant telling me they would never do that.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:24 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,864 times
Quote:
No. not those.'
What do you mean "Not those?" Most low income clinics are defunded by your side. Want to comment on that?

And most of the clinics that wish to be in these neighborhoods, happen to be Planned Parenthood clinics. Want to comment on that?

Quote:
The ones that don't do abortions.
you do know that those clinics that manage to survive the defunding by your side, who are not Planned Parenthood, will perform abortions if need to. Of course you rather cover your eyes and ears to that realization.

Quote:
But you may be right---most do abortions.
where did I mention abortions? You are the one that made this claim.

And the correct claim is "SOME" do abortions. Not most.

Quote:
Guess some agree after all. PP main job is abortions.
This is your opinion. FACTS trump your opinion. PP's maing job is preventative care and meidicein to low income customers. only 3% of PP clinics and procedures are for abortions. if in your world 3% is main job, then you seriously have an issue with math.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:27 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,864 times
Quote:
If PP does abortions and they get tax dollars how can you say those tax dollars does not go to pay for them?
Maybe instead of listening the your side telling you that they do, you should actually take the TIME to read their finanicail reports, where they show you how abortions are paid..

Newsflash: They are paid by the person getting the abortion. The money/fee paid by the woman getting the abortion pays for the doctor and the procedure, and any local anesthetic used.

The tax money that is used is used to pay for preventative care like pap Smears, breast examinations, prostate cancer checks, birth control and STD education and care, preliminary pre-natal care, and so forth.

Quote:
I won't accept PPs accountant telling me they would never do that.
That's your problem Not ours. And PP's is more credible than you.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:47 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,965 times
Quote:
BC fails and I don't think that is any different for rich women or poor. BC does not care what background you come from. Condoms are not that expensive and poor women can get BC shots and IUDs at their low income neighborhood clinics.
BC can fail, but you aren't listening. The demographics of the people who go to fertility clinics in general is very different from the demographics of the types of women who get abortions.

The people who go to fertility clinics are upper income and this standing within this society is what prevents fertility clinics from being demonized. Married upper income families have a lot of political clout in this nation.

Women who get abortions come from all income levels, but in general they are single, younger, and poorer. Those demographic groups in general don't have a lot of political clout, thus it is easier to demonize abortion clinics.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
My church does not agree with that. there is no problem with adult stem cell therapy though. Many issues can be better treated with adult gene therapy but even so many do not agree with using embryos.
And my church absolutely supports it. I suppose we're at an impasse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies