Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 02:28 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,679 times

Advertisements

Huh...really?

I was at a Tea Party meeting last night (my first) and they laid out their three basic tenents to we newbies.

1. Smaller government
2. Fewer taxes with fiscal accountability to the electorate.
3. Elected representatives and the laws they enact should be Constitutionally vetted.

I think you have the Tea Party confused with someone else. I found both fiscal conservatives, social conservatives, and folks who were a bit of both. There were white folks, black folks, brown folks, and I'm sure a couple were polka dotted or striped. Nobody held anybody down nor did they attempt to blame any group of people for the mess this country is in other than those who have contributed to the situation and those of us, yes us, who slept through it all.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the Tea Party wasn't around to hang any chads and if you're looking for a voter fraud finger to wag, I suggest you look to the current prez's buddies at ACORN.

As far as a disdain for academia, I met several well educated people last night, including three physicians, a couple of lawyers and accountants, a graphic designer, one R.N., a veterinarian, and two college professors. I would feign say that several of those occupations involve at least a passing knowledge of science, as does my own.

Those are some pretty stretchy assumptions you make there, PITTSTON2SARASOTA. In my humble opinion, that old saying about those who make assumptions is more than applicable to the ignorant melange of left wing sound bites you posted.

By the way, it might be a good idea if you actually read Machiavelli before making comparisons you believe to be derogatory. Wasn't it Machiavelli who said that the governments of the people are better than those of princes? The way I see it, anyone who was despised by the Medici as much as he was, can't be all bad.

Last edited by Kele; 09-15-2011 at 02:42 PM..

Old 09-15-2011, 05:34 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
As for the Koch brothers financing the Tea Party's, how much does it cost to announce a rally, or bus some people to and from? Their costs are minimal and don't need financing. They can't be bought!

This article breaks down the influence of the Koch brothers vs Soros, who outspends them in many categories. They are simply 2 influences on opposite sides of the spectrum, one promotes liberty and individualism, the other liberal, progressive, social-engineering.

Capital Rivals: Koch Brothers vs. George Soros - OpenSecrets Blog | OpenSecrets
Yea, but Soros is not hell-bent on undermining our political system along with destroying the air that we all breathe and the food that we all eat in the name of profits

When ever a billionaire wants to come off of their mountain with these goals and to top it off snatch the rug from under the struggling lower class I have nothing nice to say about them or the lackeys that support them.....sorry

Old 09-15-2011, 05:45 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Huh...really?

I was at a Tea Party meeting last night (my first) and they laid out their three basic tenents to we newbies.

1. Smaller government
3. Elected representatives and the laws they enact should be Constitutionally vetted.

I think you have the Tea Party confused with someone else. I found both fiscal conservatives, social conservatives, and folks who were a bit of both. There were white folks, black folks, brown folks, and I'm sure a couple were polka dotted or striped. Nobody held anybody down nor did they attempt to blame any group of people for the mess this country is in other than those who have contributed to the situation and those of us, yes us, who slept through it all.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the Tea Party wasn't around to hang any chads and if you're looking for a voter fraud finger to wag, I suggest you look to the current prez's buddies at ACORN.

As far as a disdain for academia, I met several well educated people last night, including three physicians, a couple of lawyers and accountants, a graphic designer, one R.N., a veterinarian, and two college professors. I would feign say that several of those occupations involve at least a passing knowledge of science, as does my own.

Those are some pretty stretchy assumptions you make there, PITTSTON2SARASOTA. In my humble opinion, that old saying about those who make assumptions is more than applicable to the ignorant melange of left wing sound bites you posted.

By the way, it might be a good idea if you actually read Machiavelli before making comparisons you believe to be derogatory. Wasn't it Machiavelli who said that the governments of the people are better than those of princes? The way I see it, anyone who was despised by the Medici as much as he was, can't be all bad.

Unfortunately these are not the people that are representing you in Washington. Those are the tea baggers who just happened to take over a good movement and used their name.

If the group that you attended are truely Tea partiers they would be more then willing to attack wasteful spending on the republican side as well. They will be more then willing to repeal the wasteful spending supporting the wars, they would be more then eager to end the Patriot Act, and scale back the so-called "war" on drugs. Ending and or making adjustments just on these items alone would balanced the budget in less then 10 years without taxing the wealthy nor overburdening the poor and middle class

Old 09-15-2011, 09:10 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,535,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So now wanting smaller government, less corruption and lower taxes means you're the enemy? I declare you a marxist!
Well then I guess then.....you're a Fascist!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Prove it. Prove that the Koch brothers "are" the Tea Party. Prove they have power.

Since you have so much compassion for those that have fallen on hard times, I'm SURE you give all your time and money to help those folks. Am I right?
See post # 156....since I used links worldwide.......IMO...that's proof!

//www.city-data.com/forum/20884187-post156.html

Old 09-15-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I'm sorry if I offended you or any other rational thinking person, but excessive stupidity drives me crazy
You did not offend me....it's just I'm too nice to the stupid/uneducated wingnuts.....otherwise certain posters cry to the moderators on me.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Huh...really?

1. Smaller government

IMHO.......It appears that The Tea Party has just found more "sheeple" for their flock.

I posted well over 50 links from many organizations of different political groups and countries.

AS USUAL....I see no links from you...just rhetoric.

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 09-15-2011 at 09:37 PM..

Old 09-15-2011, 09:18 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Well then I guess then.....you're a Fascist!
How is standing for smaller government fascist?

Old 09-15-2011, 09:32 PM

Because I Can: Viewing ALEC as a Political Party

Political Correction

Political Panic forums - ALEC leaks (very large and well organized consv. group) • General Politics

ALEC, Koch & the USA | Republicans for Obama

A Comparison of ALEC and NCSL | Center for Media and Democracy

The Buying of Democracy by ALEC - Blog For Arizona

ALEC Report -- Chapter Six

ALEC: The Voice of Corporate Special Interests In State Legislatures | www.kochwatch.org

How ALEC Shapes States' Legislation Behind The Scenes : NPR

http://therochestercitizen.com/clien...eInterests.pdf

http://alecexposed.org/w/images/b/b8...ct_Exposed.pdf

ALEC's Influence On Campaigns Exposed | Crooks and Liars

A.L.E.C. is a political group with FAR right wing agenda.......and formed to maintain corporate and recently Tea Party interests throughout the country.

One of it's tactics is to write blank legislation to promote it's agenda.....sending this legislation to it's far right crony politicians and they simply fill in ther blanks with their states and or congressional districts.

Yes ........American Democracy at it's WORST!

Politicians being the mindless robots of mega corporations and self absorbed Billionaires.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
How is standing for smaller government fascist?
I assume the same way standing for truth and democracy makes me a supposed Marxist.

I'm all for a more efficient and less corrupt government and political process.

But some folks need to "wake up and smell the coffee"!

Anthony Tarricone: ALEC: Ghostwriting the Law for Corporate America

DocuBase Article: Ghostwriting the Law for Corporate America

Ghost-writing the law: ALEC and the conservative legislative agenda | Friends of Justice

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 09-15-2011 at 10:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies