Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 11:45 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I'm not a great fan of the President, but considering what he is up against, stupidity, racism and worst of all the Koch brothers it is no wonder that he has caved on so many of his plans. Sadly, there are very few people that can articulate fairly the reason that they have a probelm with him without spewing quotes from the fools at faux or brainwashed with the money generated lies from the Koch brothers
Not quite sure what the obsession with the Koch brothers is with you. You DO know that most conservatives don't even pay attention to what they do? Let alone listen to what they say?

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your spin on Obama. He wasn't defeated at every turn on his ideas and plans. It was that he CAVED. Wow. Just wow.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
That's what the Germans thought when Hitler came to power.

I declare them an "enemy" because of their stance on and attacks on gays and other minorities...unions...labor....intellectuals....ac ademia....science......the EPA......the Fed.....the Department of Education....FEMA......immigrants.....all Muslims.....on and on.....ad nauseum......facts are facts.

Where did I say anything about what Obama said.......you are spewing nonsense; not me....I state FACTS....I did not even vote for Obama!
So now wanting smaller government, less corruption and lower taxes means you're the enemy? I declare you a marxist!

Old 09-14-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
PROVE me wrong...and GOOD LUCK.......you're going to need it.....show your fellow posters where the Tea Party and/or it's candidates have not advocated any of these tenents.
You can't prove a negative, genius.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:51 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
WCH- I do believe you are correct re: Trilateral Commission/Bilderberg...they have been around a long time.

Thing is, there are still sucker Americans who vote against their own interests....the very poor voted for Bush and Cheney in 2004...WHY?

Old 09-14-2011, 12:53 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Not quite sure what the obsession with the Koch brothers is with you. You DO know that most conservatives don't even pay attention to what they do? Let alone listen to what they say?

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your spin on Obama. He wasn't defeated at every turn on his ideas and plans. It was that he CAVED. Wow. Just wow.
Of course those who have money and can think on their own, and pay no attention to them they are not being bought. It is the poor and uneducated that are subject to their lunacy. BTW, my "obsession" with them is that they have the power through the tea baggers to pollute my air, and contaminate my food by pushing for no regulations in order to line their pockets! This should be your concern also, more so than a petty arguement over "whose is the best liar" in politics. Your defense of these greedy bast---- is not only assinine and non focused it is hurtful torwards ANYONE that may fall upon hard times or grow old with very little protection against future woes.

Apparently you are one those people that only see and hear what you want. Since this being the case, you would have noticed that I'm not a great Obama fan either, but I will not support the clowns that the tea baggers, (kochs) has provided in his place. Maybe if you would remove your head from Faux blues you would proably have some compasion for those in hard economic times and not listen/believe a bunch of well-off television personalities.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:06 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
Quote:
Of course those who have money and can think on their own, and pay no attention to them they are not being bought. It is the poor and uneducated that are subject to their lunacy. BTW, my "obsession" with them is that they have the power through the tea baggers to pollute my air, and contaminate my food by pushing for no regulations in order to line their pockets! This should be your concern also, more so than a petty arguement over "whose is the best liar" in politics. Your defense of these greedy bast---- is not only assinine and non focused it is hurtful torwards ANYONE that may fall upon hard times or grow old with very little protection against future woes.

Apparently you are one those people that only see and hear what you want. Since this being the case, you would have noticed that I'm not a great Obama fan either, but I will not support the clowns that the tea baggers, (kochs) has provided in his place. Maybe if you would remove your head from Faux blues you would proably have some compasion for those in hard economic times and not listen/believe a bunch of well-off television personalities.
^^ Yes. karma will come around to the arrogant who think they will never need help.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You mean I used to be in favor of our government looting the treasury and giving it away to their corporate and Wall Street cronies, and then the Koch brothers convinced me otherwise? Who knew?

You are deranged if you think cobbling together these 14 parameters, and then claiming they prove every American who agrees with the TEA party, which is against an out of control government, is somehow in favor of a fascism.

I did not, and do not need the TEA party, the GOP or whoever these Koch brothers are, to influence my opinions on runaway government spending, the creation of irresponsible regulations that allowed investment and commercial banks to merge, Nor do I need outside influences to color my opinion of banks who lose all our investments, and our government repaying these same banks, corporations, GSEs and insurance companies with my taxes.

When are you lefties going to realize that every American should oppose over reaching and out of control federal government policies!!! Our government is looting the treasury ,for TRILLIONS of dollars, and the only ones who are benefiting are the corporate and political cronies of the politicians in Washington.

Whatever presidential administration preceded this one, the 0bama admin is looting, regulating, mandating and spending on a scale that has utterly shocked a nation, and you think we are only ignorant pawns, who would have actually supported this insanity, if not for the Koch brothers????
Do you realize that they are pushing deregulations and lower social aid only to line their own pockets? The Koch brothers are not a freind to the American people! Yes, I believe that there is wasteful spending and gross mismanagement of tax dollars. This can be blamed on the Supreme Court for allowing unlimited and untraceable finanacing to campaign contributions. Our politicians are now corporate whores out to the highest bidders. That ruling needs to be changed! Lobbyist need to be reigned in and tracked to who and how much that they contribute. Just this one action would make a big difference in the way the political system runs

Old 09-14-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:

Prove it. Prove that the Koch brothers "are" the Tea Party. Prove they have power.

Since you have so much compassion for those that have fallen on hard times, I'm SURE you give all your time and money to help those folks. Am I right?

Old 09-14-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
^^ Yes. karma will come around to the arrogant who think they will never need help.
And if you think I'd rely on my corrupt, incompetent and bloated government to give me that help, you are WRONG.

Please show me one thing they've done that is for the good. Not for the corrupt, or the politicians, or the unions or the bureaucrats. For the people.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Prove it. Prove that the Koch brothers "are" the Tea Party. Prove they have power.

Since you have so much compassion for those that have fallen on hard times, I'm SURE you give all your time and money to help those folks. Am I right?
Ok, all you did was confirm what I said earlier about you only accept what you want to see in your own little twisted mind, please refer to post #114. I'm sure that you can accept the information from an interview in the New Yorker

Since you mentioned it, I was a caseworker for 5 years and have heard and witnessed pretty much every tear jerking story and every fictional piece of information imaginable, but I have also seen people get up on their feet and exceed all expectations and succeed (I bet that your tea baggers friends don't mention the success stories). I have worked (and still do) with veterans and helped them get the benefits that they deserved after being denied by the very same people that sent them to war in the first place. I have no problem donating my time and money to these causes.

Now why do you think that I can give a rat's azz what some half crocked nutcases and their billionaire pimps think? As I said before they have their own best interest at heart and could care less about anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies