Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 07:15 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

9.12 DC TEA PARTY - MARCH FOOTAGE WITH INTERVIEWS - YouTube#!

Go go, tea party.

This video is hilarious.

They had me at Barack Obama is teh AntiChrist.

"a czar is a king. My only king is Jesus." Which means your king was a Middle Eastern son of a carpenter.
ROFL.......they sure can "dish it out but can't take it". .

Old 09-09-2011, 07:16 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
The tea party is the most anti-American group to come along. As the OP points out they are the puppets of the wealthy doing their bidding as mindless robots on an assembly line. American working people should view this group as the enemy posing a greater threat than communism ever did.
The tea party has no interest in getting the unemployed back to work or balancing the budget for that matter. Their only goal is to bring down President Obama and they have demonstrated they are willing to throw the whole country under the bus to do so. President Obama came out with a solid plan that I believe will bring good jobs back to America but the republicans, (tea party), will vote it down at all costs. We have to ask ourselves that if this group, the tea party republicans, put a greater priority on ousting the president than putting Americans back to work then who are they really supporting?
The only way we can get people back to work is to get Obama out of office, cut the spending, cut corporate taxes, and repeal Obamacare and all the stifling regulations that go along with it.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't know, the do represent some evidence that Evolution isn't really happening. Or, at least skipping some genetic chains.
I completely agree that some humans seem to not be involved in evolution.

Perhaps I misunderstand what the Tea Party means by evolution.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:35 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
IMHO......The Tea Party was and is NOT a grass roots organization. It is the exposed nerve of the Republican Base funded by the likes of the Koch Brothers and groups like A.L.E.C.

It is a brilliant political and tactical manuever letting the Republican Party "off the hook" while pushing the "real" Republican Agenda to protect the rich and mega corporations at the expense of the poor, working class and middle class.

The Republican establishment can always blame the Tea Party IF public opinion turns against their arcane policies.

The Tea Party is against Consumer Protections.

Against Big Government though a Republican President(Eisenhower) essentially started the interstate highway system.

Against F.E.M.A.

Against the Environmental Protection Agency although President Nixon (Republican)signed that agency into law.

Against business and bank regulation so Wall street and the big banks can destroy our economy while they get rich.

Against Obama at all costs even if it is detrimental to the country.

Against Minorities.

Here are 14 basic tenents the Tea Party seems to basicly support:

(1) Powerful and controlling Nationalism such as attacking Obama as being anti-American for example....or he's a Muslim.

(2) Disdain for human rights...think gays and immigrants...blacks, Muslims, etc.

(3) Finding scapegoats to blame for our problems...think gays again......immigrants...poor people, Muslims, etc......

(4) Military supremacy and a high proportion of military spending....relative to our economic output.

(5) Sexism.......suppressing abortion, divorce...gays etc......to supposedly "guard family values".

(6) Control of the media...think Rush Limbaugh and FOX News.

(7) Obsessed with National security.....starting 2 unfunded wars.

(8) Religion and government to become intertwined!!!!!!!!! (Obvious)

(9) Protect corporations and their wealth....think Bush Tax Cuts!!!!!!

(10) Suppress labor and Labor Unions!!! See Walker in Wisconsin.

(11) Disdain for science, academics, intellectuals.....think evolution and global warming.......everyone candidate except Huntsmen agrees with this one.

(12) Obsession with crime...look at Capital punishment........in Texas.

(13) Cronyism...look how Perry runs Texas.

(14) Fraudelent elections...think the dangling chads in Florida and the push to stop groups from voting, happening in many states as I type.

Now I know some of these are loosely contrived; however the 14 I numbered are all essentially true in the spirit of the Tea Party....and I'm trying to warn people and make a point.

Federal Aid Highway Act of 1956 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United States Environmental Protection Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Political activities of the Koch family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Daily Kos: ALEC - "Goo-Goo" Fascism?

Now consider that the 14 numbered parameters that I posted are IN FACT...... Also the 14 tenents of FASCISM.

The 14 Defining Characteristics Of Fascism

PLEASE think and research history before you vote...

I'm sure Germany thought they too were doing what was best for their country at the time!
You nailed it! Any tea party member who denounces these 14 tenents should get out of the tea party now.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
My idea of the Tea Party is pretty simple (maybe I’m simple?). I just want to keep my money in my pocket. If you want money; you go out and earn your own.

I think that some Republicans like to spend money just as fast as their Democratic counterparts.

I have seen more editorials blaming the Tea Party for just about every evil. It is scary that some are thinking about severing the umbilical cord and somebody might have to actually work!

PS I am not a registered Republican.
You voted for bush.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
My idea of the Tea Party is pretty simple (maybe I’m simple?). I just want to keep my money in my pocket. If you want money; you go out and earn your own.

I think that some Republicans like to spend money just as fast as their Democratic counterparts.

I have seen more editorials blaming the Tea Party for just about every evil. It is scary that some are thinking about severing the umbilical cord and somebody might have to actually work!

PS I am not a registered Republican.
PS You voted for bush.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You nailed it! Any tea party member who denounces these 14 tenents should get out of the tea party now.
THANKYOU........I think I captured the essence of the Tea Party fairly and accurately ; only to make my point, and I stand by the basic information.

It all came outta their own mouths.......including our beloved City Data Tea Party posters who have helped me immensely in gauging their true agenda....I THANK THEM SINCERELY!

Also from their members in Congress and most of the G.O.P. presidential candidates...I thank them as well!!!!!

The Kochtopus: Tea Party Movement Manifests Classical Fascism - YouTube

Old 09-09-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Wow, wikipedia and daily kos as your sources?
Better than fox news and drug addict.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Better than fox news and drug addict.
Amen...........FAUX NEWS (owned by that crooked crony Rubert Murdoch......who wiretapped thousands of innocent people/victims)......which claims Teletubbies are gay and Sponge Bob Square Pants is some political spy.

And Oxycontin addict.....Rush Limbaugh.....caught twice now with that dangerous drug....he spews hate and lies like a smokestack.....but would serve well as Hitler's Propaganda Minister.....or the FAR right wing's answer for Tokyo Rose.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The Tea Party sprung from the grassroots supporters of Ron Paul in 2007, we were well on our way long before Obama won anything.
Yeah right. That tea party is long gone. If not why is perry the tea party favorite and not God paul?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies