Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 03:39 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
The tea party is the most anti-American group to come along. As the OP points out they are the puppets of the wealthy doing their bidding as mindless robots on an assembly line. American working people should view this group as the enemy posing a greater threat than communism ever did.
The tea party has no interest in getting the unemployed back to work or balancing the budget for that matter. Their only goal is to bring down President Obama and they have demonstrated they are willing to throw the whole country under the bus to do so. President Obama came out with a solid plan that I believe will bring good jobs back to America but the republicans, (tea party), will vote it down at all costs. We have to ask ourselves that if this group, the tea party republicans, put a greater priority on ousting the president than putting Americans back to work then who are they really supporting?
Bravo

Old 09-09-2011, 04:02 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,535,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The Republicans grabbed onto a strong conservative movement. The Democrats would have done the same if they thought of it first.

I don’t know if anybody has noticed - but; our economy is not setting the world on fire. We threw trillion/s away shoring up our banking systems around the world. We dropped our AAA status. Our troops are not home and we are involved in another war that could end up with another radical Moslem leadership. Unemployment is very high.

I just don’t think that either party has a lot to brag about lately.
I don't think the Dems would behave in the same fashion.....though they certainly have no "high ground" on many issues themselves.

That said IMO......the Republicans are becoming the Tea Party. Look at the candidates....all Tea Partiers except....only in some ways.....Romney.

I don't think the Republicans grabbed anything....IMO...the tea Party is the very far right wing base of the party and now has become the Republican Party as evidenced by the candidates.

If anything the Tea Party has subverted the Republican Party....they now seem one in the same.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:55 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,319,515 times
I declared my independence from both parties years ago so I wouldn't get caught-up in all of the brainwashing and propoganda...I'm not a member of anyone's team or political party. I'm an American who wants to see more grown-ups in Washington for a change...I get tired of all of the games and snide remarks and partisanship.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:44 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The Tea Party sprung from the grassroots supporters of Ron Paul in 2007, we were well on our way long before Obama won anything.

You are right the TEA PARTY started with Ron Paul, but what you have now has nothing to do with the tea party. These are tea baggers

Old 09-09-2011, 05:55 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't believe that I have heard any of your Pelosi coming from the Tea Party members. I hear lots of it coming from Democrats and all kinds of left leaning blogs but somehow always see it as trumped up Pelosi and skip past it.
uhmm, It still does not answer any of my questions
Well, while your thinking about that here is another one for you and the tea baggers. How come no one even pays attention to the alleged "founder" of the tea party Ron Paul? When the republicans talk about the leading candidate you rarely hear anything about good old crazy Ron?

Old 09-09-2011, 06:51 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,768,347 times
Brilliant breakdown.

I think you did not put enough about aging white guys who will be sucking us dry very soon with their medicare and disability, whining incessantly about their taxes.

Otherwise, just about perfect.

Yes, the Tea Party is a brilliant and almost completely deceitful invention by the right.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:57 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I don't think the Dems would behave in the same fashion.....though they certainly have no "high ground" on many issues themselves.

That said IMO......the Republicans are becoming the Tea Party. Look at the candidates....all Tea Partiers except....only in some ways.....Romney.

I don't think the Republicans grabbed anything....IMO...the tea Party is the very far right wing base of the party and now has become the Republican Party as evidenced by the candidates.

If anything the Tea Party has subverted the Republican Party....they now seem one in the same.
PITTSTON2SARASOTA,

I don’t think of myself as Tea Party. But; I do understand sound economic principles. You don’t reward people for bad behavior or careless living. You do reward those that do it right.

I also believe that our educational system needs major reform. I don’t think that you throw good money at a bad system. Education loves to talk about our technology. When are we going to have free, nationally accredited, online courses available to anybody at any time? Our traditional educational system could supplement the online system - they could verify the online scores, provide remedial work for those that need it and provide for social interaction and physical development. The net effect would be downsizing the system that we have worked so hard to build. We are not competing with the world leaders on our current course. We are long overdue for change - isn’t that what our President said?

Old 09-09-2011, 07:06 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,535,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Bet you would have loved had it come from The Blaze or Ras
Casper
I agree.......I guess only the FAUX NEWS Network is reliable.....ROFL.......

I have found WIKI to be quite accurate in most cases....I use it extensively for science information and I'm versed in science and double check.

I think "they" are simply allergic to facts and figures and unbiased data.....or anything that may threaten their agenda.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:09 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
I have no problem with not being overtaxed....especially the poor/working and middle classes(however the rich and many corporations are significantly undertaxed)....I think the government wastes billions too....from fraud and cronyism.

However it is many of the tenents that the Tea Party stands for that directly mirrors fascist policies and fascist tactics/agendas....... that should scare the "bejusus" outta the American people.

IMO.......the Republican Party is not just pandering to the Tea Party but evolving into the Tea Party.....that should concern ALL Americans.
not at all, we need many more that think like them. It's the Republican party that needs to change, and get back to Constitutional principles. Tea party is for lower taxes, smaller gov't, fiscal responsibility. The fact that they scare you so much, speak loudly in their favor. They are mainly conservative, because liberals seek to grow government, not contain it.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:11 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
I agree.......I guess only the FAUX NEWS Network is reliable.....ROFL.......
I can say for sure that faux news (also known as MSNBC) is NOT a reliable news station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies