Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 08:05 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
homosexuality is destroying society as we know it...it needs to be scourged.
No, stupidity is destroying society. Please seek help. And an English tutor.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:06 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Exactly. That's NOT what those who believe in a gay gene and GID have been saying.
Another strawman statement.

Will you get it in your head that no scientist ever claimed that there was a single "gay gene." They are not that stupid. This was just hype from the media. Sexual orientation is far too complex for just one gene. This does not mean that there is not a genetic component to homosexuality. There is. All the twin studies support that. Even more evidence for homosexuality being innate is found in the endocrinal and neurobiological studies.

The APA just said that there was no consensus among all the different scientists and different areas of study for one cause of homosexuality and that there may be different causes. There IS consensus that it is not a choice. The fact sheet will probably be updated again in the next few years. There are very recent studies using MRI, fMRI and PET brain scans that show differences in the brain structure and functioning of homosexuals and heterosexuals. Differences that were formed pre-natally.

No serious scientist or health professional believes sexual orientation is a choice and hasn't for years.

And Gender Identity is different to sexual orientation.

Last edited by Ceist; 09-30-2011 at 08:19 AM..

Old 09-30-2011, 08:13 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
I have a doubt though: doesn't the fact that they're artificially delaying the onset of puberty (which results in physical and mental changes of all sorts, including increased maturity) have as a natural consequence the boy/girl not being fully able to form an opinion?
I'm not sure about that. Most transgender and gay/bi people knew about their feelings long before puberty took effect, and puberty never changed their feelings. It more than likely enhanced them. For someone with Gender Identity Disorder, puberty will more than likely exacerbate the problem as their body further shows development against what their brain tells them they are.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:15 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Again:

Gender Identity Disorder has nothing to do with sexuality.

And it's been proven, by showing in the brainwaves. MTF have brainwaves typical to females, and FTM have brainwaves typical to male.

GID is a real and serious disorder.

However, since this doesn't fit into people's black and white idiotic worldview, they'll discount all research into it because "OMG IT WAS PROPAGATED BY TEH GAYZ", even though such claims are idiotically wrong.
BS!

This isn't about gay. It's about crazy cat-ladies permanently damaging a kid. This "research" wasn't propagated by gays btw. It was propagated by sleazy profiteers inventing new disorders and treatments to sell to the gullible who really want their deviant fantasies validated.

I have no issue with gays. Don't care. I take issue with child abuse and sexual mutilation. Homosexuality is a sexual preference. Whatever trips your trigger. Screwing with a child's physiological development and causing irreversible damage because he been convinced he's a chick is criminal.

I'm done with this thread. You can choose to subscribe to whatever pseudo-scientific non-falsifiable BS dogma you like.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:17 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I think you mean the surgery "he" wants when "he" is older.

the bottom line is that this child is and can be influenced very easily and it is obvious that they are interfering with the natural flow and cycle of the human body at this point which is their decision. They are playing with a little boy's life here and that is just plain wrong.
Nope, I meant "she." Anyone who says from age 3 that they are a girl and tries to cut off their penis gets to be called "she". If she starts saying "I'm a boy" then I will start calling her "he". As it stands now, though, she wants to be seen as a female so I will respect her wishes, just as her parents are doing, and just as many people in this thread aren't doing.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
BS!

This isn't about gay. It's about crazy cat-ladies permanently damaging a kid. This "research" wasn't propagated by gays btw. It was propagated by sleazy profiteers inventing new disorders and treatments to sell to the gullible who really want their deviant fantasies validated.

I have no issue with gays. Don't care. I take issue with child abuse and sexual mutilation. Homosexuality is a sexual preference. Whatever trips your trigger. Screwing with a child's physiological development and causing irreversible damage because he been convinced he's a chick is criminal.

I'm done with this thread. You can choose to subscribe to whatever pseudo-scientific non-falsifiable BS dogma you like.
How are they damaging their kid? They're specifically doing the only medical option they have in order to let their kid decide for herself! Any other path would be forcing her one way or the other.

If your child tried to cut off their genitalia, as a parent, wouldn't you want to get to the root of those feelings? Or would you just turn a blind eye and act like there's nothing wrong??

Old 09-30-2011, 08:19 AM

913 posts, read 873,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
California, where else could this type of lunacy be allowed?

Read more: The California boy, 11, who is undergoing hormone blocking treatment | Mail Online
this is disgraceful. not the idea that the parents are allowing it but that they could find doctors to perform the procedures. as far as i know, i don't think that a person can have a fulfilling sex life after a full sex change. they may be able to make the goods downstairs look good but i don't think they can match sensations down there. they are robbing this child. i actually think the whole thing is quite sickening

Old 09-30-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
I have a doubt though: doesn't the fact that they're artificially delaying the onset of puberty (which results in physical and mental changes of all sorts, including increased maturity) have as a natural consequence the boy/girl not being fully able to form an opinion?
How does having your puberty delayed offset you from being able to form an opinion? There is only one person that knows what it's like to be Tammy and that is Tammy. There is only one person who should get to decide what sex Tammy will live as for life and that is Tammy. Yes, it's hard to make that judgement call at 11, which is why her parents are buying her time with the hormone blocking therapy. If they stop it, she will go through natural male puberty. Alternatively, she can take hormones to go through female puberty. She has the total option to choose to go through male or female puberty. The decision is hers. And she doesn't have to decide right now--the hormone therapy she's doing now allows her to make that decision when she's older.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:23 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm very sympathetic to the mental disorder of homosexuality and feel that we should all treat homosexuals fairly and equally in every way possible.
Fortunately, the bar for what is considered a mental disorder is not "What Backspace thinks is icky..."

The bar is what Psychologists and Psychiatrists diagnose. Can I see your license to practice please?

If not, your sympathy is simply ignorance, bias and bigotry, that you tell yourself is sympathy-- Perhaps to feel more righteous, or more "Christian."

As a homosexual male, I can tell you stuff your sympathy as it is unnecessary, and misdirected.

Perhaps you can follow the science on the issue and the current thinking of every major respectable psychiatric and psychological organization.

I'm sorry, but even in a democracy, your ignorance doesn't carry equal weight with the science-- even if you want it to.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:27 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Horse crap! Males start producing fairly large amounts testosterone at about 2 months. This permanently hardwires their brain and causes certain parts of the male brain to outgrow their female counterparts. Any person even vaguely familiar with characteristics of human gender differences can easily spot a man in drag whether surgically altered or not. These differences are not psychobabble, they have been documented and proven falsifiable (that's an actual scientific term not used by the psychiatric cult). This may come as a shock but gay men still think like men and gay women still think like women because they are quite simply wired that way.

The average kid between the age of 4-10 goes through many phases of identifying and thinking they are all sorts of things from Aquaman to Willy Wonka. Kids have vivid imaginations. Now we have some profiteering psychiatric "professionals" willing to exploit a couple of frustrated women who've managed, whether purposely or not, to convince a developmentally challenged 11-year-old he's a chick. Gimme a break!

This isn't about gay, it's about two nutty cat-ladies who happen to be gay that have found an orphan to play with.
You still haven't read the article or watched the video have you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies