Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:40 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
I don't see what the problem is here. I've never heard anyone say a large white neighborhood is wrong. What is wrong, though, was redlining: preventing people of color with the economic status from moving to wealthier neighborhoods, which usually tend to have more white people.

This doesn't happen anymore, but if there was maybe an old bitter man whose opportunities were limited due to societal ignorance. I can see how this man would still be bitter today, but that is not a lot of people. So what's the problem? Do you only hang out with old people? Lol.
Yes it does, too.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 11:50 AM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
I live in the Washington DC area and was driving through Southern Prince George's County and noticed one thing. Nearly everyone in this town (Suitland MD) was Black. I went into a large shopping center and pretty much everyone was Black.

On a business trip out to the San Jose CA area I walked into a large mall and EVERYONE was Asian. I asked about it to the people I worked with in the area and they said," Isn't that exciting, so many people from all over the world are moving to San Jose!" But I got myself in trouble with the politically correct police when I asked why they were all living together in one town, or on one side of town instead of mixing with the American born blacks and whites.

The general feeling is it is perfectly fine when Blacks, Hispanic or Asian immigrants all live in one community or neighborhood but if white people do it it is racist. Why?
They call it "white flight" which I find to be a racist term.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I have Italian American friends who live in Italian American neighborhoods and no one has called them racist. Oh wait, do you even consider Italians to be White? Perhaps not.
White is the same as Caucasian.

Italians are not all White. In fact, some look like light skin Mexicans.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Because whites are the majority? Simple math. With whites peoples history, I would be ashamed to be called racist if I were white. There are still tons of white neighborhoods and no one is complaining about them. Why do people always complain about black neighborhoods. Why are white people afraid to go to black neighborhoods?
Maybe where you live.

Whites sure aren't the majority in Texas anymore. Hispanics are.

I'm White & have hung out in all Black neighborhoods before. Why should I be afraid? They can come in my neighborhood anytime.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
If a neighborhood in California which is only 40% white was almost all white people, people would complain it was not diverse enough or even use the the word racist. But Daly City can be 90% Asian and it is not racist or wrong? Why?
Good question.

Daly City is mostly Fillipino's whom get along with everyone.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:06 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
White is the same as Caucasian.
What is Caucasian? A color?

Old 11-04-2011, 12:10 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,228 times
It is called liberal hypocrisy (which is really saying the same thing twice).

Old 11-04-2011, 12:10 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
Pretty soon diversity will be devoid of color/race and all we'll talk about it economic diversity.
This is true for the most part. As people of mixed background become the largest group in this country it will become a minor issue at most in a generation. Almost everyone I know has an Aunt, Uncle, Cousin or someone in theire family that is White, Black, Hispanic, Asian or mixed. Kind of difficult the hate on your own relatives because they are of another etnic group.

But, with people being the jeolous, competitive, creatures that we are, the energy tied up in race related differences will be transferred into some other area: Economic and Religous come to mind.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:11 PM

511 posts, read 2,451,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Good question.

Daly City is mostly Fillipino's whom get along with everyone.
Then why are all the Fillipino's living close together in that town? Shouldn't they live in a happy diverse community like us white people are told to do?

Old 11-04-2011, 12:15 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Then why are all the Fillipino's living close together in that town? Shouldn't they live in a happy diverse community like us white people are told to do?

You were told that you couldn't live somewhere? or where you told that you couldn't keep others that choose to live in that neighborhood out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies