Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 12:29 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
I don't wanna live around "White people". I wanna live around educated, sophisticated, responsible, intelligent, kind, thoughtful PEOPLE be them black, white, or purple. Seriously it comes down to education. You think Herman Cain is surrounded by "black people". Please...........look at his house, I forget where it is but judging by the pictures it was most defintely a "white neighborhood". Because I'm white that means I want to live in a neighborhood surrounded by wiggers? Because I'm white I wanna be surrounded by a neighborhood full of gun toting rebel flag flying right wing conservatives? Because I'm white I wanna live in a neighborhood surrounded by bible beating, christian jesus freaks who would rather make sure I'm "saved" than worry about taking care of their own life and responsibilities? No thanks. I understand what the OP is trying to say and many others but come on. America is a cesspool of multicultralism. There is no such thing as a white neighborhood......it's all about money and income level. Not race.
You cannot assume that........I would be willing to bet that in Atlanta, there are rich black or diverse neighborhoods just as affluent as any white neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You mean "stolen" by White people. You do realize there were people on this continent when the European arrived, don't you?
They were a scattering of warring tribes which enslaved, killed each other and built no real functioning society, government, etc.

Whites came and built a superpower which gave the world numerous numerous technological advancements... What has Africa given the world in terms of inventions?

Old 11-07-2011, 12:35 PM

129 posts, read 154,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
How dare you White people be proud of your White history, White heritage, and White culture in a country that was founded by White people!!!
LMFAO..........

Really??

Land Stolen mmmmm (guess stealing land is now considered Founded)
Civil War had a lot of Blacks in it (Didnt this war help build America)
What about all the other Wars, I see just about every Race in EVERY single War this country has had, on OUR SIDE.

Please define White Culture, last time I checked, America's culture is very mixed between many different cultures.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:37 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,467 times
As far as your ski town comment if you're black it's one thing to roll into a ski town in with spinners decked out in Fubu with one pant leg rolled up and a handful of gold medallions around your neck talking ebonics. I live in a very white middle class neighborhood in SoCal and I'll give you a great example of what I'm talking about. I was standing in line at the gas station waiting for the redbox. These two black guys roll up.........now we don't get many blacks if at all around there. No bid deal. I grew up with blacks in St. Louis, went to school with them and had a few really good black friends growing up. But these two guys walk up and are decked out in the proverbial "I'm black and proud" garb of white t-shirts, jeans with one pant leg rolled up, and those Timberland boots. Immediately I'm thinking where the hell did you fools come from. And yes I said fools because they were dressed like idiots. Grown men dressing like complete thugs. And they talked like idiots to boot. These were not some 18 year olds. These were 35-40 year olds. I could say the same damn thing about white kids acting and dressing "black".

It's all about you carry yourself and how you interact with people, your intelligence or lack there of. It has nothing to do with color of your skin nowadays. I see as many mexican gang bangers around here. They are trash. Tattoos up and down their arms if not half way up their face, dressing the same way as blacks and wiggers.

My point is trashy, uneducated "gang bangers" come in all shapes, sizes, and skin colors nowadays. It's a culture thing. Most of the "white" middle class neighborhoods are filled with the mexican third worlders. It's the same thing that happened in St. Louis. The Italian, Polish, neighborhoods etc. got taken over by the poor blacks. It's almost a notion of poverty but then again.....is it really?

Old 11-07-2011, 12:38 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulapr222 View Post
They were a scattering of warring tribes which enslaved, killed each other and built no real functioning society, government, etc.

Whites came and built a superpower which gave the world numerous numerous technological advancements... What has Africa given the world in terms of inventions?
Nothing "invented" of the kind you're looking for... but Human race.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You cannot assume that........I would be willing to bet that in Atlanta, there are rich black or diverse neighborhoods just as affluent as any white neighborhood.

Homes of the GOP Candidates - Yahoo! Real Estate (http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/homes-of-the-gop-candidates.html - broken link)

Maybe so. I've never lived in Atlanta nor know much about neighborhoods in GA. But from a quick google search........

McDonough is 34.3% black.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:

I could say the same damn thing about white kids acting and dressing "black".
How do you act like a color? People really need to stop saying "they act like they are black" "They think they are white"

Please, the color of your skin does not define how you act, dress, talk, etc.

Which is why I agree with the rest of your post.

Quote:

It's all about you carry yourself and how you interact with people, your intelligence or lack there of. It has nothing to do with color of your skin nowadays. I see as many mexican gang bangers around here. They are trash. Tattoos up and down their arms if not half way up their face, dressing the same way as blacks and wiggers.

My point is trashy, uneducated "gang bangers" come in all shapes, sizes, and skin colors nowadays. It's a culture thing. Most of the "white" middle class neighborhoods are filled with the mexican third worlders. It's the same thing that happened in St. Louis. The Italian, Polish, neighborhoods etc. got taken over by the poor blacks. It's almost a notion of poverty but then again.....is it really?

Old 11-07-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrossjr79 View Post
How do you act like a color? People really need to stop saying "they act like they are black" "They think they are white"

Please, the color of your skin does not define how you act, dress, talk, etc.

Which is why I agree with the rest of your post.
Oh please what garbage. You know exactly what I'm talking about. It's the RAP CULTURE! And it just so happens that a majority of the rap artists and the industry is BLACK! I hate when people say what you said. Maybe you've never grown up around or with blacks. There is definitely a "it's a black thang" mentality among blacks. Ever watch Oprah and her stupid "hey gerfrenn......." crap? Black people do it all the time and the ones that are good at it can switch it on and off. Ebonics, rap culture......whatever you want to call it. It's very much a part of black people and black culture.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:47 PM

It wasn't white people that came up with "Fo shizzle ma nizzle". LMAO!

Old 11-07-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Oh please what garbage. You know exactly what I'm talking about. It's the RAP CULTURE! And it just so happens that a majority of the rap artists and the industry is BLACK! I hate when people say what you said. Maybe you've never grown up around or with blacks. There is definitely a "it's a black thang" mentality among blacks. Ever watch Oprah and her stupid "hey gerfrenn......." crap? Black people do it all the time and the ones that are good at it can switch it on and off. Ebonics, rap culture......whatever you want to call it. It's very much a part of black people and black culture.
Its very much a part of AMERICAN CULTURE, more defined as a Musical Culture that you are referring to. And to answer your question, just about all my life I have been around Blacks and Mexicans. Im half latin myself. I see the crap all the time. However I see it with ALL RACES. Finances and how you are brought up defines this. Not the color of someones skin. So since you want to point out that these people are acting black, so I am going to take a risk and assume that you also mean President Obama is acting like he is white, or President Clinton acts like he is Black, or how about Charles Bolden Jr (who is the administrator of NASA) is he acting like he is white?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies