Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 05:27 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
This is true for the most part. As people of mixed background become the largest group in this country it will become a minor issue at most in a generation. Almost everyone I know has an Aunt, Uncle, Cousin or someone in theire family that is White, Black, Hispanic, Asian or mixed. Kind of difficult the hate on your own relatives because they are of another etnic group.

But, with people being the jeolous, competitive, creatures that we are, the energy tied up in race related differences will be transferred into some other area: Economic and Religous come to mind.
The out marriage rate is actually pretty low in this country. We won't all be "brown" for a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 05:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Why are people always using the USA as a measurement of what's racist?

Why not Japan? Why not China? Why not some other country? England for instance?

People should be allowed to live whereever they want to live without fear of being considered a racist if they live among people who share a common ethnicity.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:07 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,395,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What's interesting is that as immigrants pour into the DC area they are overwhelmingly choosing to live in white neighborhoods in Virginia and Maryland.

So it's not just whites that appear not to want to live among a significant number of Blacks. I suspect the quality of schools and crimes are also a factor.
Team Edward, deep chocolate soul brother keeping us average american blacks down as usual.

Still don't think you're African.

False flag.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
I live in a beautiful town, like a resort, call me racist if you must, i do not care, the majority of people are white.

However just because people are white, they can still be ethniic. One couple is from Africa yes, there is a couple from Spain, so while many of my fantastic neighbors are white, they are of different ethnic backgrounds.

Who said white neighborhoods are not ok, is there a neighborhood police out there i know nothing about.
People need to get over this crap. I lived in many different areas in my life, it just so happens that where i now live the manjority of people are white. Of different ethnic backgrounds.

Even while living in a more diverse area, i never ever had a problem with people.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:23 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
The out marriage rate is actually pretty low in this country. We won't all be "brown" for a long time.
Maybe not Brown, but a little of everything. I would have to argue that a good percentage of people in this country already have some other mix other than what they primarily identify themselves with; Whether its a great grand parent that was part Indian or black or white. Many people in the past and even presently hide the fact they had/have something other then their "preferred group" in them. Sometimes they had paperwork identifying what amount of Spanish they had in them.

In addition to many people already having some amount of mixed ancestry you have the following additions:

Among all newlyweds in 2008, 9% of whites, 16% of blacks, 26% of Hispanics and 31% of Asians married someone whose race or ethnicity was different from their own.

Gender patterns in intermarriage vary widely. Some 22% of all black male newlyweds in 2008 married outside their race, compared with just 9% of black female newlyweds. Among Asians, the gender pattern runs the other way. Some 40% of Asian female newlyweds married outside their race in 2008, compared with just 20% of Asian male newlyweds. Among whites and Hispanics, by contrast, there are no gender differences in intermarriage rates.
http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1616/american-marriage-interracial-interethnic?src=prc-latest&proj=peoplepress

There will be the people who are not comfortable with it, but it is going to happen. Actually it already has, many people just want to identify themselves with one racial or ethnic group. To each there own!

Old 11-04-2011, 06:36 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,531,877 times
White neighborhoods? Hell, white people have entire states of the USA practically all to themselves... Most of the states in the northern tier of the country(with the exception of a few large metros) are all just one big white ghetto...

Old 11-04-2011, 07:31 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,542,767 times
Quote:
What's interesting is that as immigrants pour into the DC area they are overwhelmingly choosing to live in white neighborhoods in Virginia and Maryland.

So it's not just whites that appear not to want to live among a significant number of Blacks. I suspect the quality of schools and crimes are also a factor.
Every parent wants to ensure that their child attends a stellar school. For the most part, schools in Caucasian subdivisions are better. That is just reality.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:38 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,395,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Every parent wants to ensure that their child attends a stellar school. For the most part, schools in Caucasian subdivisions are better. That is just reality.
This of course excludes the Magnet schools in many inner cities.

And can we end caucasiod, negroid and mongloid- makes it sound like we're dictating an autopsy report.

Old 11-06-2011, 12:53 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,327,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
I live in the Washington DC area and was driving through Southern Prince George's County and noticed one thing. Nearly everyone in this town (Suitland MD) was Black. I went into a large shopping center and pretty much everyone was Black.

On a business trip out to the San Jose CA area I walked into a large mall and EVERYONE was Asian. I asked about it to the people I worked with in the area and they said," Isn't that exciting, so many people from all over the world are moving to San Jose!" But I got myself in trouble with the politically correct police when I asked why they were all living together in one town, or on one side of town instead of mixing with the American born blacks and whites.

The general feeling is it is perfectly fine when Blacks, Hispanic or Asian immigrants all live in one community or neighborhood but if white people do it it is racist. Why?
The way you 'framed' that is totally odd...

I get around too, probably more than you...and I've never heard anyone say 'All black' or 'all Asian' communities are 'good'...

Usually (not in all cases)...but historically...the reason why hoods were all black were do to economic realities...or do to segregation...

And the same with Asians in this country...at least in the past...

Please study the 70's, 60's, 50's ect ect...there was a thing called segregation in America...if a black person moved to a white part of town...a cross was burned in their yard or house burned down...or something nasty written on garadge door...

You really need to educate yourself....

Also...as soon as you get away from major cities..and travel through Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas, Wisconsin, Nebraska, rural Nevada, rural PA, rural anywhere...rural Utah...there are 1000s of square miles where you will find nothing but predominatly 'white' hoods...not because their trying to be mean or seperatist...but simply cause of shear numbers...

In most NW states...the black population is less than 3%....
As soon as you get East of Dallas or I-35...it goes way down...

I was just out in the SW a few weeks ago...and once I got West of Dallas...I did not see a black woman for weeks....It was either latino or white...but mainly latino...I could barely even spot a non hispanic white woman....

(Ok, I know I'm not making sense)...

All I'm saying is...I think the people who you said think black hoods are good and asian hoods are good, are people and voices that exist in your own mind, head...and not reality based...

Cause most people associate black hoods with poverty and other social issues...

Just say what you really mean, instead of projecting false, made up, what other people supposedly said stuff...

Old 11-06-2011, 08:09 AM

6 posts, read 6,524 times
when people talk about how intermarriage is gone do us all brown what a joke. for the first how often do you her people talking about tiger woods, halle berry and barack obama as white people never they looks like afro americans and therefore they gone feel home be in the black community. The same with intermarriage between asians and white. i have one asian friend and no can believe he has a white mother. He looks like any other asian guy. And looking at brazil they look like blacks but in genetically they are very intermarriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies