Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2011, 05:58 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
All you have to do is witness the results of his adminsitration. Massive debts, massive unemployment, massive division between Americans
Again, what specific policies are you referencing? Not a hard question!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 06:00 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Good grief! try to let the reality of this sink in, please!

It is not about "not liking" the inhabitant of the Oval Office.

It is absolutely about the policies of the inhabitant being so "Anti-Business!" *(Said inhabitant knows this and is intentionally doing this because he is Anti-Capitalism, without question.)
Which policies are you referencing?

Old 11-24-2011, 06:13 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't expect anything from you... I am not expanding, I said starting... employees will be there but they just won't be new hires... there are ways around it... and yes, I am can afford to hire someone with a generous benefit package but I am not going to... I am not to go hire someone and then Obama will claim it was because of him on TV... which he does on a regular basis...
Same situation. If your new business were already expanding more than your current employees could handle, you would have to hire new people or **** off waiting clients... The reason you are not hiring new people is that you don't have to yet, not that Obama is president.
Whether or not you could already afford to hire new people is irrelevant as there is no point in employees sitting around idle due to the lack of work.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The problem is not President Obama, its the fact that you have not learned to adapt and evolve in a dynamic business environment. My business has been doing great. I have made more money this year than I did last year.

I am so tired of the "victim" mentality of the Obama haters. Take responsibility for your own business shortcomings.

If your business is construction related, there is not much you can do, unless you have planned for this and have very deep pockets to wait it out, while your competitors go out of business as they run out of working capital.

Changing careers at this point is hard for many old timers in my industry.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Again, what specific policies are you referencing? Not a hard question!

The rules, regulations, increased bureaucracy, and higher taxes(inflation and monetary easing) created by the Obama administration.

The Obama administration has been saddling the private sector with a bunch of regulations.
The burden of Obamacare, most of which does not take effect until 2014, is the fear and uncertainty.
Employers do not know how much each new hire will cost under the new health care regime. Nor can they estimate how the 129 new boards, commissions and agencies will affect the business world.

For example, the new financial regulation bill includes nearly 500 "rulemakings," studies, and reports, compared with just 14 in total for the controversial Sarbanes-Oxley bill, passed after the financial scandals of Enron and WorldCom.

The OMB estimated that environmental regulations costs went from 192 Million in 2006, to about 10 BILLION in 2011. (accounting for the massive inflation)... and the OMB says, many environmental regulations were not included in this tally. Making that amount much greater.

Then they want to throw us into a world market that does not have all the rules and regulations we do here in the USA.
Understand this and you will understand why we have what we have here in the USA at this point in time.

Unequal, unfair and the USA has been put on the losing end of that battle. We are not even in the same war.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:51 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Odd, since you compare it to a war, in the military realm the US very much likes the fact that there are no level playing fields in the world. And even in the economic realm the US didn't complain about lack of fairness etc. in the past as long as the US was benefiting from the situation...

Old 11-24-2011, 07:00 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Which policies are you referencing?
This article discusses Obamacare which is going to require Dominoes to specify the exact caloric information on every pizza combination that can be ordered from them, about 34 million ways. Obamacare is so full of policies that may hurt it's a job killer all by itself.

The Domino Effect of Obama's Regulations | The Weekly Standard

His policy on refusing to see to a balanced budget amendment.

His changed policy on the U.S. debt, the fact he once said increasing the debt limit was bad, he promised to cut the debt in half, and then ends up increasing our debt more in 3 years than ANY president has done in 8 years.

And this isn't a policy, just a fact, he has broken more campaign promises than any president before him. So when he promised no new taxes on people earning 250K or less, which means MANY small businesses, why should we trust him. This businessman is so fearful of what may happen in the way of taxes, and unfriendly regulations, that he doesn't want to CHANCE hiring someone, and I cannot disagree with him.

Obama's energy policies have killed over 200,000 jobs.

Do you need more?

Old 11-24-2011, 07:01 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uh...seems to me that if banks would've been doing this stuff in the first place, we wouldn't have the problems we're having now.
Well the pendulum has swung way too far, like it did with loose standards. Both are bad.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:03 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
My business is doing very well, so am I in some sort of money making "Twilight Zone"?

No, these yahoos who keep complaining are either 1) not savvy business people to begin with or 2) waiting around for some of that corporate welfare care of the Grand Ole Party

Either way they are the ones who will lose out on the revenue by sitting on the sidelines. I for one will be happy to take the money from the customers that they are not chosing to serve because a "colored" man sits at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
I would guess it depends on what type of business one is in, if your selling needs instead wants/luxury items, I wouldn't think business would drop off much. For example, if you own a funeral home, people are not going to stop dying because the economy went south.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:04 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
This article discusses Obamacare which is going to require Dominoes to specify the exact caloric information on every pizza combination that can be ordered from them, about 34 million ways. Obamacare is so full of policies that may hurt it's a job killer all by itself.

The Domino Effect of Obama's Regulations | The Weekly Standard

His policy on refusing to see to a balanced budget amendment.

His changed policy on the U.S. debt, the fact he once said increasing the debt limit was bad, he promised to cut the debt in half, and then ends up increasing our debt more in 3 years than ANY president has done in 8 years.

And this isn't a policy, just a fact, he has broken more campaign promises than any president before him. So when he promised no new taxes on people earning 250K or less, which means MANY small businesses, why should we trust him. This businessman is so fearful of what may happen in the way of taxes, and unfriendly regulations, that he doesn't want to CHANCE hiring someone, and I cannot disagree with him.

Obama's energy policies have killed over 200,000 jobs.

Do you need more?
Is that FTE (full time equivelant) jobs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies