Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2011, 10:52 AM

386 posts, read 232,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Which policies are you referencing?
Why are you hung up on policies. It's who is in his cabinet, the regulations they create and the overall environment against business and success that is the problem. Policies on de minimus.

You want to be spoon fed, but all you have to do is look around you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 10:57 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
Do you have experience actually doing that? So many people, who I don't think have even held a career-level job, much less run a business (I have since 1996), are quick to spew baseless platitudes.

Every month I spend between $20 to $50K to buy merchandise, on the risk that I can resell it at a profit and in a reasonable time frame. I am doing quite well, but not as well as I was, and it all started going to hell in a noticeable way shortly after Obama got elected. People don't want to spend as they used to, or hire as they used, to take risk as they used to. It will take a decade to house out and sterilize the nationa and economy of the filth Potemkin Village Idiot Obama dragged in on his filthy boots.

I am not saying your statement is such a platitude, but so much of what the peanut gallery around her spews, is.
Being a freelancer is also risky, I don't have the security an employee enjoys. I never know what tomorrow brings, if anything. I have to pay my monthly social security contributions all by myself (1/4 of my gross income), my health insurance, etc.

I don't know what business you are in, but there will always be ups and downs.
Americans keep telling themselves that all of a sudden their country is in oh so bad shape and that that one man in the WH is the culprit. And once he is gone abracadabra everything will become better again. Unrealistic...

Old 11-24-2011, 11:08 AM

673 posts, read 2,717,254 times
Such ugliness toward business owners. Business owners have no obligation to run a business, let alone employ anyone. Of course, if this happens, there are less jobs and more job seekers. I'm grateful that my employer runs a business. Happy Thanksgiving, folks.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:12 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Default It's BS like this that makes me very happy to be in a large company...

I tried working for the start-up, entrepreneurial, 10-people or so "small business" and I have rarely been happier than when I quit. Having the boss/owner run things according to whichever whim catches his fancy that day makes for a miserable experience.

Incidentally, my current workplace is hiring.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 11-24-2011 at 11:22 AM..

Old 11-24-2011, 11:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Yes, Submitted by democratic majority in congress President bush was forced to accept the minimum wage increase to be able fund the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Now, on to NAFTA. . .

Signed in 1992 by Clinton, submitted to him by the Democratic majority in both congress and senate.
Why didn't Bush stand on his principles and say No?

Let's stop with the "fund the troops" nonsense and say he accepted it as a deal to get more money for the war.

The troops will always get what they need as usual.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:33 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
All you have to do is witness the results of his adminsitration. Massive debts, massive unemployment, massive division between Americans
Why do you have such a problem with the simple concept of cause and effect? I want this guy (or you, since you wish to step in and defend him) to come out and tell us specifically what Obama policy is causing him not to hire and why. A good answer would look something like this...

"I'm refusing to hire because policy A has increased my operating cost by X dollars/percent and because of my slim profit margin of X percent, it is cost prohibitive for me to bring on new workers."

You offered up a couple explanations. First was massive debt. That's a swing and a miss. The debt has very little to absolutely zero effect on this issue.

Then there was massive unemployment. Not only is that another effect and not a cause, I found it quite interesting that you cite that in a thread about a man who is refusing to hire anyone until the current president is out of office. Not exactly helping the situation, is it? It's also another swing and a miss because employment began climbing with the 2007 recession. It's trajectory simply peaked under Obama and has been headed back down for awhile now.

Then it was "massive division between Americans." Ok, what does that have to do with this situation at hand? Please give me an explanation on that, because from here I see no connection.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:32 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,669 times
Quote:
The economy is in a shambles due to 3 people.

Pelosi, Reid and the Potemkin Village Idiot Obama.
Well I guess you and your company FAIL.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Being a freelancer is also risky, I don't have the security an employee enjoys. I never know what tomorrow brings, if anything. I have to pay my monthly social security contributions all by myself (1/4 of my gross income), my health insurance, etc.

I don't know what business you are in, but there will always be ups and downs.
Americans keep telling themselves that all of a sudden their country is in oh so bad shape and that that one man in the WH is the culprit. And once he is gone abracadabra everything will become better again. Unrealistic...
I think about 45% blame on Obama, 25% Pelosi, 20% Reid and 10% Bush.

My business is Mercantile. Buy and sell merchandise, principally via the Internet. I would advise, do a dba statement, get a Reseller Permit from your state, open a commercial Biz account, and start going to wholesale trade shows until you find the commodity you feel will fit you, your interests and desires, and set up a web biz. Use GoDaddy as your registrar for your domain name, Open an account with any of the several hosted-solution shopping carts out there, get a USPS Click N Ship account, a Goodgle AdWords Account, and start advertising, selling and ship.

There is a world of merchandise out there, a world of people looking to buy that merchandise, and you should be the guy to introduce the latter to the former. Now go get rich and leave those other sniveling punks that post their tax-the-rich-into-poverty drivel, in your dust. You'll be amazed how easy it is once you overcome inertia - your own inertia. Nobody deserves to get rich more than you do, well except me!!!

Old 11-24-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Well I guess you and your company FAIL.
Guess again, and yes,you are guessing.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:40 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,669 times
Quote:
Guess again, and yes,you are guessing.
You posted about your company. Was that guessing?

GOOD BYE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies