Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 04:02 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,400,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I saw nothing sarcastic about your post - just your attempting to justify a deviant behavior by stating that it has been done for centuries. People have stolen for centuries also - despite it being against the law, being impriosned, having their hands cut of, ect... and people still steal today and they will continue to steal in the future. So what was your point?
Saying it's been done for centuries is a way of pointing out that it doesn't lead to the destruction of the universe as you people seem to believe.

But now you're comparing it to theft, without any consistent evidence that homosexuality is harmful either to the individual or to society. Considering the evidence that gays seem to be better at making marriages last and raising children, I'm surprised you have the nerve to imply it's harmful at all...

Wait... Maybe you think making marriage work and raising children correctly is harmful; that would explain a lot

Old 08-02-2012, 04:04 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,053,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
And everyone isn't Christian. The sooner people realize that, the better off we will all be.

Church and state are separate for a reason.
I didn't use Christianity as as a support in that post - you are jumping to conclusions and making assumptions.

Try being objective.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:05 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,721,316 times
Quote:
I'll be glad to help any wayward employees from defunct Chick-fil-A's find jobs where they don't have to work for people who donate money to hate groups.
And I'll be glad to help any gay person who doesn't wish to remain gay find the resources that will help them out of that lifestyle and into a new life -- all done with dignity and respect and care for the individual.

You do realize, don't you, that there are a lot of very unhappy "gay" people who do not want to be gay?
Call it what you will, there are some who are confused about their sexuality. These people need the resources to help them get out of a lifestyle they feel trapped in.

All the talk about Exodus being a hate group - do you not realize that people who seek them out do so by *choice*? Nobody forces them.

Why not talk to some people who have been helped by Exodus and similar ministries to leave a life they didn't like to begin with but were drawn into?

Last edited by RedZin; 08-02-2012 at 04:14 PM..

Old 08-02-2012, 04:08 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,331,317 times
Quote:
I saw nothing sarcastic about your post - just your attempting to justify a deviant behavior by stating that it has been done for centuries. People have stolen for centuries also - despite it being against the law, being impriosned, having their hands cut of, ect... and people still steal today and they will continue to steal in the future. So what was your point?
You have a point BUT science has proven that homosexuality is not a choice. It has not proven that stealing is biology driven in nature....unless you count hunger which some people have tried to address by stealing.

This person has the best reply to you about my post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Saying it's been done for centuries is a way of pointing out that it doesn't lead to the destruction of the universe as you people seem to believe.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You have a point BUT science has proven that homosexuality is not a choice.
It has? Show me the research that has identified the gay gene. You are aware that the Human Genome Project could not find such a thing, aren't you?

Old 08-02-2012, 04:11 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,321,446 times
Quote:
I didn't use Christianity as as a support in that post - you are jumping to conclusions and making assumptions.

Try being objective.
I'm quite objective.

You start talking about "traditional" marriage... what other sort could you be referring to?

No need to play games here.

If we want to go VERY traditional, let's abolish marriage licenses and get rid of government benefits to married couples. That way, anyone who chooses to be married can be married. No need for laws.

And before you say that you'd prefer that, keep in mind that everyone who claims they'd prefer that seems not to want to give up their legal rights as a married heterosexual person, so head on out and change that for everyone and then we can talk.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:14 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,587,684 times
Boycotts are stupid. if the product is good i'm buying it. Whether it comes from company with liberal or conservative views i could care less

Old 08-02-2012, 04:16 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,214,265 times
I wonder what the Christian values have to say about DOING BUSINESS WITH ILLEGAL ALIENS AND THOSE WHO USE ILLEGAL ALIENS TO PROCESS CHICKENS..Unless Chick Fil a is buying all their chicken meat from some quaker farm in Pennsylvania I really wonder ....I bet the chick fil a folks dont want to talk about where they get their chicken.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
If we want to go VERY traditional, let's abolish marriage licenses and get rid of government benefits to married couples. That way, anyone who chooses to be married can be married. No need for laws.
I have advocated for this very thing in every thread about homosexual marriage that I have posted in.

My common sense solution is always rejected - by the gay marriage supporters.

See - they want those benefits. If it was really about fairness - then they would have no objection to having only civil contracts of comittment enforceable by the courts.

They want the benefits because their objective is not "civil rights" it is forced acceptance of their lifestyle.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:17 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,321,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
And I'll be glad to help any gay person who doesn't wish to remain gay find the resources that will help them out of that lifestyle and into a new life -- all done with dignity and respect and care for the individual.

You do realize, don't you, that there are a lot of very unhappy "gay" people who do not want to be gay?
Call it what you will, there are some who are confused about their sexuality. These people need the resources to help them get out of a lifestyle they feel trapped in.

All the talk about Exodus being a hate group - do you not realize that people who seek them out do so by *choice*? Nobody forces them.

Why not talk to some people who have been helped by Exodus and similar ministries to leave a life they didn't like to begin with but were drawn into?

They have very high suicide rates, Exodus and those types of programs.

I guess you could explain that away by saying those homosexuals would've killed themselves anyway, but I'll betcha you could solve the depression problem with many gays by simply ACCEPTING them as they are.

And homosexuality is not a lifestyle. That term is so irritating. When did you DECIDE to be heterosexual?

I know I didn't. I just am.

I have many, many gay friends... I have had them for most of my life. Wonderful, intelligent people. I know that some of them have wished they were not gay, but it honestly had to do with being different, not with being gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies