Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 03:46 PM

270 posts, read 522,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If homosexuality is a choice hasn't anyone ever wondered why people have been "choosing" it since the days of the Bible? None of the preaching, witch-hunts, killings, beatings, bullying, condemnation, laws against it, etc., etc., could diminish the overwhelming drive that has kept homosexuality in societies since the beginning of man's recorded history on earth. If God truly did make it a choice then it's logical to believe He expected some people to pick it. We have many examples of homosexuality in the animal kingdom. How do you explain that? Oh, wait? They can't read the Bible therefore they are free to act on how their brains are hot-wired without condemnation.
You are right. Sin has existed since the beginning and will continue to exist until the end. Homosexuality is not the only one. And yes, you are also right about animals. Many people do behave like animals. Most of the time when someone is compared to an animal, it is negative. For example: he is a pig, a female dog, etc.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This is the entire crux of your (the gay) arguement. I was BORN to use my body the way it was designed to be used. I was born with this color skin, hair, eyes, and gender, just as EVERYONE ELSE IS. Being gay is a conscious CHOICE, and because it is a choice it is not a natural God given right defined by the constitution. Nobody is telling you or anyone else NOT to be gay (that's entirely your sin) but don't make it something it isn't. It hijacks the entire civil rights movement for a subverted and perverted cause.
So, by that rationale, gay animals choose to be gay?

You give that much credit to animals who act purely on instinct and have sex solely for reproduction?

Seriously? Homosexuality can be found all throughout nature. And all throughout history.

Gay people are gay. They didn't just wake up and decide to be part of a minority that is HEAVILY maligned.

Can one choose to engage in heterosexual acts, yet not be heterosexual? Of course.

Can one choose to engage in homosexual acts, yet not be homosexual? Of course.

But, that's not what we are talking about here. We are talking about what we are at our core.

And some people are just homosexual. And there's honestly nothing wrong with that. You have to look into the Bible with a microscope to scrape out the tiny verse that SEEMS to apply to homosexuality. I feel confident that an omnipotent God would be sure to spell that right out in something more flashy... say... The Ten Commandments?

Because God surely seems to have spelled out the stance on that whole coveting thing, yet oddly enough, many "Christians" do that sorta thing daily.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA151 View Post
there are many chic-a -fi franchises,
no reason to think the employees there and the licence magr gives to anti homosexual charities *its only the franchise owner who does.* by boycotting each and every establishment you are hurting ordinary every day working folks who may by chance AGREE with the right to s/s marriage and could be given money to pro homosexual charities
you need to THINK IT OUT BEFORE ACTING
its like taking away everbodys guns cus of the incident in denver

now by the same token IF by the franchise agreement EVERY franchise owner had to give a part of his profits to anti guy organization you would have a point i agree with
Every franchise owner gives part of his/her profits to the corporation.

The corporation gives money to hate groups.

I won't give them my money.

I don't eat there anymore.

If the franchise owners are concerned about profits, they need to tell corporate that their sales are being affected by the choices they make.

I'll be glad to help any wayward employees from defunct Chick-fil-A's find jobs where they don't have to work for people who donate money to hate groups.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:54 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
You are right. Sin has existed since the beginning and will continue to exist until the end. Homosexuality is not the only one. And yes, you are also right about animals. Many people do behave like animals. Most of the time when someone is compared to an animal, it is negative. For example: he is a pig, a female dog, etc.
I guess I should have used an icon to denote sarcasm because you missed it entirely.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I want to know why gay people think protesting a fast food restaurant will change a law that discriminates against them.
They don't.

They do think it'll keep their money from being donated to organizations that try to restrict their rights.

Which, it will.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:56 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgurl_interrupted View Post
I would tell my teenager if you don't want to be called a hooker, maybe stop wearing the uniform?
You had a lot in your post, but this made me

Old 08-02-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
lol.. all you Chick Fil A supporters, I hope you've never been divorced cause they don't like you either

Ditto the single parents, anyone who ever had sex out of wedlock, and working mothers.

They hate pretty much everyone except people who got married before ever having sex, have been married and never strayed and who attend a Christian church (I'll assume since they're Southern, that they don't like Catholics or find them Christian).

Yes... let's go eat there.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:57 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I guess I should have used an icon to denote sarcasm because you missed it entirely.
I saw nothing sarcastic about your post - just your attempting to justify a deviant behavior by stating that it has been done for centuries. People have stolen for centuries also - despite it being against the law, being impriosned, having their hands cut of, ect... and people still steal today and they will continue to steal in the future. So what was your point?

Old 08-02-2012, 04:01 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
This Jackwagon Feels “Purposeful” While Harrassing Rachel, A Chick-Fil-A Employee | Chicks on the Right

This Jackwagon Feels “Purposeful” While Harrassing Rachel, A Chick-Fil-A Employee

The comments after the article are funny.

Anonymous August 2, 2012 at 9:30 am ·
“I can’t wait for my free water” – I don’t think it gets much more liberal than that.

Last edited by janelle144; 08-02-2012 at 04:11 PM..

Old 08-02-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes it is simple - and thanks.

The gay marriage supporters don't realize that there would be no issue concerning what homosexuals choose to do in the privacy of their own homes if they weren't forcing their lifestyle on everybody. They would be left alone in peace if they hadn't made a grab for mariage. Marriage is sacred - it is the foundation of our society - touch it and you might as well poke somebody in the eye.

I don't care personally if someone wants to be gay - I have misgivings about that from a spiritual point of view because I don't want to seem to be condoning sin - but people should be free to do certain things out of the view of others. Forcing people to acknowledge your lifestyle as good or normal - and especially pushing for marriage - is going to irritate people. Have someone poke you in the eye - see how you like it.

Marriage is between a man and a woman.
So sacred that the majority of marriages end in divorce.

If heterosexual marriage is the cornerstone of our society, we've already failed.

And everyone isn't Christian. The sooner people realize that, the better off we will all be.

Church and state are separate for a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies