Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 05:09 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

The D-bag got the axe for being so "tolerant."

Nice.

Vante of Tucson, AZ Regrets Actions of Former CFO
Wow! I think he shouldda got his "free water" in his lap,
but I'm surprised he lost his job over this.
I wonder if he still feels "purposeful?"

Old 08-02-2012, 05:10 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So what? YOU may want to define marriage as requiring consent. But because you place that restriction on marriage does not make it right. Maybe others would not place that restriction on marriage. Consent has not always been required for a heterosexual marriage. Why do you think you get to make the rules? That sounds a little self serving..... everything is OK if we follow YOUR rules.

Do you understand the concept of consent?
Considering that legal marriage is a contract, and you must have informed consent to enter into any contract, I would say consent has a whole lot to do with a legal civil marriage.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:10 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,224,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So what? YOU may want to define marriage as requiring consent. But because you place that restriction on marriage does not make it right. Maybe others would not place that restriction on marriage. Consent has not always been required for a heterosexual marriage. Why do you think you get to make the rules? That sounds a little self serving..... everything is OK if we follow YOUR rules.

Do you understand the concept of consent?
Make it "right"? Who decides what is "right" in this context?

Also, it sounds like you may not understand the meaning of consent or freedom.

A freedom doesn't mean that everyone should defer to your beliefs. Some people may believe that blacks and whites should not marry each other, and they are free to believe that, but of course that belief should not actually prevent blacks and whites from being able to marry each other. You can't be forced to marry someone (unless you want to return to some previous time, as you alluded), but allowing them to marry is in no way a violation of your freedom.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgurl_interrupted View Post
That was NOT me going off. That was me enjoying my freedom to say anything (that no matter how much you try to deflect it) that MILLIONS of other people pretty much associate with being gay. Right, wrong, or indifferent...the ***** ad campaign launched by gays has worked and firmly entrenched itself in our minds. Where do people get the asinine idea that public discourse is based in fact? Give me a fact that refutes that. absurd.
YOU posted it, so it was YOU saying it.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:12 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
How does it redefine marriage between a man and a woman? Will a gay couple marrying set off a letter from your clergy and City Hall that your marriage is null and void? Will a hetero couple's sex life suffer because the gay couple next door is getting it on? Will honeymoons of hetero couples be cancelled without a refund from Sandals? Will hetero couples no longer be welcome at family gatherings and social events? Will they be rendered infertile? Seriously...how??? The premise is beyond stupid and ignorant.
Next is polygamy----I see many working on that kind of marriage right now. Then the next is anyone's imagination and I am sure there will be many that comes up. Keep it simple (one man, one women.)

Old 08-02-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Two wrongs do not make a right and yes divorce has been an evil that breaks up families and lives, now we should add another problem to marriages? Don't think so.

Actually, the state has a huge interest in marriages that stay together and are healthy. For the children and future stability of the state. It's like you want people to own homes instead of renting them. Then the owners will take care of those homes. States should discourage divorce---no fault divorce has hurt many families----and traditional (one man, one woman) marriages. No one needs to be Christian to understand that.
How would same sex couples be a problem to your marriage?

Old 08-02-2012, 05:13 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I do hope the clerk he ranted to finds out.
I'm sure that they know.

The company of the 'former' CFO was right down the street from CF 'and' 100's, if not 1,000's have emailed the CF where the young lady works.

Everyone let them know (CF) what a professional she was about the whole sordid mess and what a great representative of the company she turned out to be!!

Give the young lady a Raise!!

Old 08-02-2012, 05:14 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Thank you for that update. Does my heart good.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:16 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Wow! I think he shouldda got his "free water" in his lap,
but I'm surprised he lost his job over this.
I wonder if he still feels "purposeful?"
I don't think he should have lost his job. Free speech should be allowed in all matters. Like CFA's free speech. Maybe CFA will come out to support him getting it back even if he was stupid about the way he did it. He got his spanking with the comments people made after what he did.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Here's ananalogy of the lame argument that gay marriage threatens the so called sanctity if htero marriage...

I have a three time blue ribbon winning pedigree Poodle. My neighbor breeds mixed breeds with no particular standards to live up to. Does this in any way change the pedigree or attributes of my pet? NO! It does not. This might not be the best analogy, but it proves a point. If your marriage is worth its salt, it will not be adversley affected or degraded by anyone else's choice in a partner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies