Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:31 PM

790 posts, read 1,734,106 times

Advertisements

If the mother at least attempts to be discreet i don't really care, even if i'm in a restaurant with her. If she has nice looking boobs, she should be less discreet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 10:35 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,702,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm a man. Whip out the boob whenever you want, in protest or otherwise. I couldn't possibly care less. What am i gonna do...faint?

Geez. It's a BOOB for crying out loud.
yep

Old 12-29-2011, 10:53 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,266,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
If the mother at least attempts to be discreet i don't really care, even if i'm in a restaurant with her. If she has nice looking boobs, she should be less discreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm a man. Whip out the boob whenever you want, in protest or otherwise. I couldn't possibly care less. What am i gonna do...faint?

Geez. It's a BOOB for crying out loud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
yep
Just when I've lost a little faith in MANkind, I see posts like these.

So refreshing and worth a rep from me for each of you.

Thank you!!!!

Old 12-29-2011, 11:33 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,020,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Wait - you don't want to see a baby eating while you're eating??

The sexualization of mammary glands has screwed up the perceptions of a lot of people. Breasts are not there to look good, to turn you on, or to fill out a bikini (or, since it's winter, a tight cashmere sweater). They are for feeding our children.

Amen to that! I just kept wearing maternity tops and was never exposed. It's bizarre that some men find the idea of breastfeeding repugnant, when breasts are, as you say, designed to feed our babies. They talk about women's body parts as if they aren't attached to a human and serve a necessary function. Nobody has mentioned the importance of colostrum, and why it's so important for an infant...you aren't going to find those vital antibodies in Similac or Enfamil. It's sad when young women reject what's most important for their babies because of the old canard that it makes breasts sag. Guess what? Gravity's going to do that anyway!

Old 12-29-2011, 11:57 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,007,399 times
Gosh, some of you people really have serious issues. It's a baby, it needs to eat, it needs to eat every few hours, women came equipped with perfect baby food, women don't just sit on the couch with their newborns all day, and, shock, they might even be out of the house for more than two or three hours (just imagine). Lord, some even take planes...

I am mighty sorry that breastfeeding disrupts your sexual fantasies, but it's been done for millennia, is obviously the best option there is, doesn't require any prep work, no worries about sterilizing or getting your kid sick, etc.

In essence, the benefits far outweigh the problems that a few perverts have who apparently lack the ability to ever see a woman (or a woman's boobs) without immediately getting an erection. Oh, poor you that your life has been ruined that way. The horror of such an image: A baby sucking on a teat. Just appalling, I tell ya'. Time to get some counseling for the trauma you suffered.

Get over it - let the kid eat.

I have never seen a new mother with an infant expose her breast in public as a look-at-me display. What a stupid argument is that?

Old 12-30-2011, 12:08 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,119,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post

No, because my girlfriend and I were responsible enough to feed our son before we left the house. We planned ahead so feeding him in public wasn't necessary.
So I take it you only were out of the house for a maximum of 3 or 4 hours?

Quote:

Good GOD. Who lets a baby even get CLOSE to the point of screaming because of their hunger? Not doing this, that's planning. I'll grant you, their appetites don't work on a perfect schedule, but a schedule nonetheless.
See above. Besides, haven't you ever heard of growth spurts? If you're out and the baby needs to eat, you feed him/her. Or you just don't leave the house till the baby is three months old when a schedule can even begin to be established....

Old 12-30-2011, 12:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,304,733 times
I'd much prefer breastfeeding in public to diaper changing in public.
And I've seen both.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:43 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,483,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'm a firm supporter of womens breasts.

should we call you " the bra"?

Old 12-30-2011, 06:04 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,396,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
So I take it you only were out of the house for a maximum of 3 or 4 hours?

See above. Besides, haven't you ever heard of growth spurts? If you're out and the baby needs to eat, you feed him/her. Or you just don't leave the house till the baby is three months old when a schedule can even begin to be established....
Who really needs to leave the house for longer than that on any regular basis? On the rare occasion a woman might actually HAVE to be gone that long, she can either use a breast pump, supplement with formula, make it a point to stop at a relative's house in between these other stops, or at least feed in the car or some other place that isn't quite so public. And I can understand emergency feedings at appointments much better than "emergency" feedings at a store or restaurant. But these are just alternatives. I'm only playing devil's advocate here, because I think it's important that parents in general practice time management and not fight so hard to live like they don't have kids at all.

We've been through it with my son with no problems. It didn't mean we had to stop living, just build our schedule around his (as, IMO, a parent should learn to do sooner or later anyway). Our son had regular nap times, bedtimes, and close enough to regular feeding times; in between which we were able to get everything else done. We were never as blind-sided as some people here seem to have been. It was never a surprise when baby was hungry or sleepy. We knew about when he would be.

Between the two sides, I think the debate can be likened to not saying certain four-letter words in front of another person. There's absolutely nothing wrong with four-letter words, people have every right to use them wherever they go, but some of us refrain out of respect for whom it might offend.

But again, is there a right or wrong? I don't think so.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:15 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,657,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'm a firm supporter of womens breasts.
Nice one, bra!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies