Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 10:31 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What?!?!?!

How can you say that 'all women have parents and friends to care...' when you didn't, yourself!

You just killed any credibility you may have had with other posters.
If I didn't have a DH, I wouldn't have gotten pregnant to begin with. If I did somehow get myself pg before I was married, I would have made it work with the guy or moved back home to my parents' house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

BTW, you must be very young and/or not well read.
Huh? Personal attack?

Old 01-11-2012, 10:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
after 4.5 months (1/2 pregnancy term) its not a fetus its a kid.
stop killing them. its not your body anymore than that 5 year old playing in the kitchen is your property, to do with as you like.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
"Although Roe v. Wade[14] made abortion more readily available throughout the U.S., it remains a crime in most jurisdictions for a woman to attempt to perform an abortion on herself. In May 2005, Gabriela Flores - a Mexican immigrant living in South Carolina - was charged under such a statute, which carried a maximum penalty of two years in prison. She had induced abortion by ingesting misoprostol, an ulcer medication with abortifacient potential.[15] Mississippi classifies self-induced abortions as deaths which affect the public interest, requiring that physicians report them to the local medical examiner."

So it's legal to go to a doctor but not legal (and considered a death/murder) if done by oneself. What hypocrisy.

ETA: Your link did not answer my question. Do you know anything about the anatomy of a pregnant woman? The cervix is designed to not allow anything in, it would be very difficult to shove anything up there into the uterus, even when not pregnant.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You've really never heard of coat hanger abortions?
I've heard of it, but anatomically speaking, it would not be an easy feat.

So yourself.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And when a woman who experiences a BC failure decides that aborting is her best option, she is ALSO taking responsibility.

{BTW, several people here have commented on your naivete'. Your comments make it obvious.}
Another rude comment.

I live in reality, where people take precautions so things don't happen. If you want to be irresponsible, take your licks, just don't take a life to make yours better.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Ummm.....naive much?

I rest my case.
Okay, STOP with the rudeness. I am not questioning that it happens, I am questioning 1) how it is really possible as far as anatomy and 2) how effective it even is/success rate.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:44 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
If I didn't have a DH, I wouldn't have gotten pregnant to begin with. If I did somehow get myself pg before I was married, I would have made it work with the guy or moved back home to my parents' house.
But it's not all about you. That is why the decision is best made by a woman and her doctor. The details are not your business, nor are they anyone else's business.

Quote:
So it's legal to go to a doctor but not legal (and considered a death/murder) if done by oneself. What hypocrisy.
It is a medical procedure, and should be done in a safe environment by people who know what they are doing.

Quote:
ETA: Your link did not answer my question. Do you know anything about the anatomy of a pregnant woman? The cervix is designed to not allow anything in, it would be very difficult to shove anything up there into the uterus, even when not pregnant.
And that is why it was so dangerous before Roe v. Wade as people did force things into the cervix. It is a soft, not a rigid organ. You can insert anything through a cervix, but it is very dangerous when not done in a controlled medical environment.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
we have more than one agent at a time working at adoptions.We are e private non profit mostly matching agency. A m,other comes in we try to match her up with adoptive parents we give her pre birth counseling and post birth counseling for as long as she wants. we are funded through private donations. We have 30-400 adoptive parents at this time waiting for a child. We are not capable to do CPS adoptions
And your agency is just one of thousands across the US. Keep up the good work.

People go outside of the US to adopt b/c domestic adoptions have such a long waiting period. But the pro-abortionists do not want to believe that.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
But it's not all about you. That is why the decision is best made by a woman and her doctor. The details are not your business, nor are they anyone else's business.

It is a medical procedure, and should be done in a safe environment by people who know what they are doing.

And that is why it was so dangerous before Roe v. Wade as people did force things into the cervix. It is a soft, not a rigid organ. You can insert anything through a cervix, but it is very dangerous when not done in a controlled medical environment.
I'm well aware of how the cervix works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies