Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2012, 03:35 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
10,000 adoptions in 25 years, isn't that a tad more then 1 a day, everyday for 25 years? how long was your waiting list? were most of these adoptions newborns? or did you also help adopt out older children?
When we sit dont as a board we approve or disaprove of over 200 applications on a normal board meeting
we meet twice a month and more if needed.
You questioned me by using the arguement why dont i adopt. Well i cant , but i do support an agency which does so does.
The problem is going to be the same
Pro abortionist will never see what they are doing as life becasue they can not justify killing if they see it as life.
Anti choicers will always see it as a human life and will never think its ok.
the two sides will never agree on the core issue : is the baby or fetus a human life.
But every now and then something comes up like this texas law, that in no way stops a woman from choosing but could be a middle ground between choosing and not choosing .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 03:55 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
When we sit dont as a board we approve or disaprove of over 200 applications on a normal board meeting
we meet twice a month and more if needed.
You questioned me by using the arguement why dont i adopt. Well i cant , but i do support an agency which does so does.
The problem is going to be the same
Pro abortionist will never see what they are doing as life becasue they can not justify killing if they see it as life.
the two sides will never agree on the core issue : is the baby or fetus a human life.
But every now and then something comes up like this texas law, that in no way stops a woman from choosing but could be a middle ground between choosing and not choosing .[/quote]
Or being able to afford the procedure or not being able to afford it.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:29 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
But every now and then something comes up like this texas law, that in no way stops a woman from choosing but could be a middle ground between choosing and not choosing .
I am very aware that an embryo or a fetus is a life, I am just not naive enough to think that all these extra born children are going to find adoptive homes, or have idyllic lives with their birth mothers.

Women who choose abortion know it's a life too. It is their choice whether they choose adoption, abortion, or to keep this life.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:32 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Another rude comment.

I live in reality, where people take precautions so things don't happen. If you want to be irresponsible, take your licks, just don't take a life to make yours better.
You live in reality, where contraception is 100% reliable and effective?
Could you tell us where this mythical land of sunshine and daffodils can be found?

On the other hand, thanks for admitting to all of us that the anti-choicers' concern has nothing to do with the baby that might result and everything to do with punishing the woman (but not the man) for having sex.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I am very aware that an embryo or a fetus is a life, I am just not naive enough to think that all these extra born children are going to find adoptive homes, or have idyllic lives with their birth mothers.

Women who choose abortion know it's a life too. It is their choice whether they choose to adoption, abortion, or to keep this life.
thanks for the honesty here. You are one of the few that admit woman know its a life

Old 01-12-2012, 05:35 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
If you'd prefer.
Thanks, Doctor.

Now tell us where you got your medical degree and provide us with a link to an authoritative statement that an ultrasound is necessary to perform a surgical abortion safely.

Not that we don't simply trust your medical opinion, Doctor.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:41 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
If the TSA can legally grope and fondle people before getting on an airplane, I see no problem with requiring an ultrasound before we legally murder an innocent unborn child.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:46 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
You just hate people who want life protected. thats what it boils down to
But several have already said that my life does not matter. You have implied that a mother's life is less important than the potential to have a child.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:25 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
Quote:
The only argument I have seen against it that is a reasonable argument is the cost. I have failed to find the wording of the law to see how that is handled.
doctors show patients ex rays of health matters all the time, they show sonograms and MRI . It does not make abortion illegal it does not deny choice it does not tell a woman what she can do with her body.
It allows her a moment to think one more time about what she is doing.
You mean to say a woman does not have the right to change her mind?
If she goes through with it it could help woman not regret their decision or second guess. And their is a chance someone might change their mind and use their choice not to have an abortion and that is what this is about. The pro abortionist are so scared one person might decide not to have an abortion they do not want to let woman have one last chance to decide
When you say that, you imply that what she is doing is wrong. You have no right to do that. When it's your body, you get to decide. Not when it is somebody else's. BTW, you never did offer to write the checks to pay for all this medical stuff.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
But several have already said that my life does not matter. You have implied that a mother's life is less important than the potential to have a child.
All life matters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies