Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Im anti slavery as I am anti choice. You are pro abortion and have not been clear on your slavery issue but i will presume you are anti slavery.
Silly, childish, word games.

Are you for contraception? If you are, then I guess I could call you anti-life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 10:54 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Appeals court: Texas may enforce abortion law | khou.com Houston

Note that they did not rule the law constitutional. Instead, they're simply saying it can be enforced while it's being challenged.

I don't want this to turn into another general abortion thread and hope that discussion is limited to this ruling, the laws in question, and similar laws or proposals in other states.
Other countries have similar rules. If I remember correctly in Germany a becoming mother willing to have an abortion must visit a counselor before, who will try to make sure the abortion really is the last resort.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:55 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
WHATever.........duck, goose or bluebird. I am in favor of my uterus being none of your business. Legally.
You willbe happy to know i want nothing to do with your uterus. And the texas law does not prevent you from doing what you want with your uterus

Old 01-12-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Silly, childish, word games.

Are you for contraception? If you are, then I guess I could call you anti-life.
I'm absolutely for contraception it should be free . Love 95 % of the work PP does . I'm for education and the morning after pill. Bet that shocks you

Old 01-12-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I'm absolutely for contraception it should be free . Love 95 % of the work PP does . I'm for education and the morning after pill. Bet that shocks you
Not really, most pro-lifers are for contraception, knowing that it reduces abortion. A little shocked that you are for the morning after pill, a lot of pro-lifers aren't. Real shocked that you think it should be free, kudos to you. That is the kind of thing that WILL reduce abortions.

Anyway, being pro-contraception does not make you anti-baby, anti-adoption, anti-life, anymore than being pro-choice makes me pro-abortion across the board. Abortion should be an option when all else fails and for medical necessity. We should all be working towards decreasing unplanned pregnancies in the first place....that is the root of the problem.

Closing Planned Parenthood isn't going to make abortion go away, it is just going to increase the amount of women who don't have easy access to BC education and birth control.....and that is going to result in more abortions.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And to tack onto that, I reconcile that a large portion of abortion seekers are ill-informed about pretty much everything in life, including the fact that actions do have consequences. I don't see anything wrong with abortion-seekers being asked to come face to face with the actions that led them to be sitting in an abortion clinic to begin with.

Liberals would love for you to believe that 36 year old Jane with a 100K salary is the majority of the candidates for abortions. While there are 36 year old Janes, the majority are 20-something SheLonda's with hardly any salary who wouldn't know a good decision if it fell out of the sky and landed in her lap.

A sonogram might just be the reality check that millions of women need to do something right for the first time in their lives, including accepting responsibility for their actions.
So you think these 20 something "SheLonda's" (an obvious bias regarding black women by the way)are the majority of abortions rather than middle or upper middle class white teens or young adults? Seriously? I would certainly need to see proof of that one. How can these black women be having all those kids so they can get welfare be the same women requesting all those abortions?

Old 01-12-2012, 12:28 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Im pro life if you wish to call it anti choice fine
using your logic, you are not pro life you are anti choice. you want to limit a woman's choice

Old 01-12-2012, 12:29 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,670 times
Quote:
how about those woman who are anti abortion. Your diatribe is nothing more than a talking point based in no truth.

Simple answer.....don't have one!

Old 01-12-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Not really, most pro-lifers are for contraception, knowing that it reduces abortion. A little shocked that you are for the morning after pill, a lot of pro-lifers aren't. Real shocked that you think it should be free, kudos to you. That is the kind of thing that WILL reduce abortions.

Anyway, being pro-contraception does not make you anti-baby, anti-adoption, anti-life, anymore than being pro-choice makes me pro-abortion across the board. Abortion should be an option when all else fails and for medical necessity. We should all be working towards decreasing unplanned pregnancies in the first place....that is the root of the problem.

Closing Planned Parenthood isn't going to make abortion go away, it is just going to increase the amount of women who don't have easy access to BC education and birth control.....and that is going to result in more abortions.
Prevention trumps abortion.
We will just have to disagree on the pro abortion issue. I feel strongly that id you support abortion you are pro abortion. And you feel you can support abortion and not be pro abortion

Old 01-12-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Prevention trumps abortion.
We will just have to disagree on the pro abortion issue. I feel strongly that id you support abortion you are pro abortion. And you feel you can support abortion and not be pro abortion
I prefer prevention, but I am pro abortion as a choice. Does that make you happy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies