Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 06:03 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I'd like to see the thread end on this note....excellent post. But, of course, it's a rational perspective that will be lost on those still living in a long lost Gunsmoke episode.
Excellent post?!?! Rational perspective??? Ok, now I know this thread has gone nuts! NO ONE was AFRAID of a teenager, especially not her dad. It was obvious he was hurt and angry at his daughter and he dealt with her the best way for THEIR FAMILY! And it's obvious after reading through his facebook, that not only does his daughter love and respect him, even MORE now, but that she knows better how to be respectful of him and her family and friends and what the consequences are if she doesn't!

She was not afraid of HIM hurting her, because that is an absurdity! But she might be afraid that something else that she wants might be destroyed if she doesn't behave better next time. That's called consequesnces for your actions, and it's something that everyone has to deal with if they do something that is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 06:21 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Oh boy. This is what I mean. Parents are NOT meant to humiliate their children. They're not meant to act like petulant teens themselves.

Parents have the responsibility of teaching their kids right from wrong. His goal wasn't to humiliate her...just show her that things on the net can be hurtful and come back to haunt you. He had warned her and taken the computer away in the past. She didn't learn. She knew the consequences of doing it again because he told her what would happen in advance. She called his bluff so he followed through.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:26 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
P.S. It wouldn't have mattered to me if he had used a gun or his foot or a rock to destroy it -- the point is daddy is a hypocrite because he is claiming to be trying to teach his daughter that outbursts of anger (especially in public) are not OK. But hey, if compartmentalizing people makes it easier for you to behave as if people who disagree with you are sub-human, go for it.
Actually, the dad was giving his daughter a taste of her own medicine, which is NOT hypocritical at all. IF he had posted a simliar rant, not in response to hers, but just a rant about how disrespectful his daughter is and how rude she was, THAT would have been hypocritical of him. But what he did was a consequence of HER actions! A lesson, which is not hypocritical at all.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:27 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
I'll give you another freebee on me Chuck. I have to stop this coaching you along stuff for things you SHOULD already know. It's becoming tiresome. "Si vis pacem para bellum". You figure it out.
I don't want to hear what little wisdom what you think I SHOULD know, I want you to give me some fact to back you up. It's obvious you cannot do that.

You make assumptions based on nothing.....

So there is only one other thing it could be....
Attached Thumbnails
What does 45 cal, dad, laptop, 16 year old and facebook have in common?-sam.png  

Old 02-14-2012, 06:37 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I don't want to hear what little wisdom what you think I SHOULD know, I want you to give me some fact to back you up. It's obvious you cannot do that.

You make assumptions based on nothing.....

So there is only one other thing it could be....
rotflmao..

Like shooting fish in a barrel. It's time for Chuck 2 c the error of his ways.

res ipsa loquitur

Last edited by Darkatt; 02-14-2012 at 06:58 PM..

Old 02-14-2012, 06:42 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Yep, shocks like that are real constructive. I real character building moment. That dad has damaged his kid forever.

Here is a poem that seems appropriate.

If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn.

If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight.

If a child lives with fear, he learns to be apprehensive.

If a child lives with pity, he learns to feel sorry for himself.

If a child lives with jealousy, he learns to feel guilty.

If a child lives with encouragement, he learns to be self-confident.

If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient.

If a child lives with praise, he learns to be appreciative.

If a child lives with acceptance, he learns to love.

If a child lives with approval, he learns to like himself.

If a child lives with recognition, he learns to have a goal.

If a child lives with fairness, he learns what justice is.

If a child lives with honesty, he learns what truth is.

If a child lives with sincerity, he learns to have faith in himself and those around him.

If a child lives with love, he learns that the world is a wonderful place to live in.
What a bunch of sissy crap.

Kids need (and want) discipline and order in their lives; this occurs in the home. There is always the opportunity for personal and social exploration outside of the home, which contributes to the understanding of one's personal growth. However, one must have order and an "anchor" at home, to which one can gain personal and emotional support.

Shocking a kid with a little destruction of a laptop is worth its weight in gold. If that "scars a kid for life", then they were not worth a damn to begin with. What the hell will happen when a little stress hits them later in life? Will they go to pieces (like the average liberal) and claim to be "scarred for life", or will they suck it up and move along?

I can tell you that I know of no one who is successful who is such a wuss that they cannot take a small amount of adversity in life.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
rotflmao..

Like shooting fish in a barrel. It's time for Chuck 2 c the error of his ways.

And you have put forth what....

Old 02-14-2012, 06:53 PM

5 posts, read 2,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
What a bunch of sissy crap.

Kids need (and want) discipline and order in their lives; this occurs in the home. There is always the opportunity for personal and social exploration outside of the home, which contributes to the understanding of one's personal growth. However, one must have order and an "anchor" at home, to which one can gain personal and emotional support.

Shocking a kid with a little destruction of a laptop is worth its weight in gold. If that "scars a kid for life", then they were not worth a damn to begin with. What the hell will happen when a little stress hits them later in life? Will they go to pieces (like the average liberal) and claim to be "scarred for life", or will they suck it up and move along?

I can tell you that I know of no one who is successful who is such a wuss that they cannot take a small amount of adversity in life.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Shooting your daughter's laptop with a gun is a mental disorder. That is a little off the rocker to most normal people trying to set a good example of how to conduct themselves as adults to their own children.

Gun Toting hillbilly ShrimpDicks just love the story because it has the following; white trash parenting, a gun, bullets, shooting something, destruction, and a REAL man with a low IQ.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:59 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And you have put forth what....
res ipsa loquitur

Old 02-14-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
res ipsa loquitur
Well....your "thing that speaks for itself" is not speaking...and that is obvious....:rolleyes

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-15-2012 at 04:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies