Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 10:03 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

This is thanks to Michelle Obama, who thinks she knows better than parents. Who the hell is she? She doesn't know squat!
nothing to do with Mrs. Obama, since this was a policy placed by the School District.

Love how morons continue to blame the Pres and Wife for things that they were not even apart of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
Pretty soon, there's going to be an epidemic of finger-pointing in that school district. I just wonder who the state agent is going to sue when he loses his job.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:44 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,152,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Obesity in the United States is being blamed on the food we eat. The real reason for obesity is inactivity because we are scared to let our children outside to play. Crime is the reason for obesity in the United States. Maybe the Obama's need to work on that problem and the obesity problem would be solved.
Exactly! I agree 100%. When I was little kids, my brothers and I, we ate all kinds candy and junk food. NONE of us were fat. Becuase we used to go outside and play. In elementary school we had 30 minutes of recess a day to just go outside and run around. In middle school I played sports. Its not the foods the kids eat, its the inactivity. Sitting all day on a computer updating their stupid facebook profile. Spending all day playing video games and watching jersey shore.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:44 AM

638 posts, read 930,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Those poeple need to stay out of public schools then, not have everyone change for them. I was allergic to dairy the same way. If someone drank milk or ate cheese and then kissed my cheeck, I would get a rash in the shape of their mouth.

I know that it's not easy, but these children should not be out in public school if they have allergies THAT severe! A ban on peanuts is not acceptable.

One question for you then. Are you against smoking bans as well?

Old 02-16-2012, 10:50 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,523,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
LMAO!! The follow up stories were what exposed how poorly reported the original story was.
Oh really? So you missed the point where the individual from the USDA admitted that this happened? An "editor" who does not care about truth and facts.... you just can't seem to get a grip on the reality of this for some reason. It seems as though that you are looking to argue a point that no one is interested in and is invalid in this instance. No matter how much you drag the reporter through the muck, it does not change the FACTS nor does your denial of those FACTS.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:53 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,706 times
OK all of you who are riding the "Mrs Obama wants us all to eat chicken nuggets" bandwagon can hop off now.

The school admitted that the agent made a mistake and that this was a misunderstanding. Maybe the kid made it up.

Quote:
The Department of Health and Human Services said in a statement that it is investigating. In the statement, the department denies that its employee inspected the lunch and denies instructing "any child to replace or remove any meal items."
Lunch replacement for Hoke County girl called mix-up by school, state | lunch, barnes, child - Burlington Times News

I have to snicker at how the Obama haters take one isolated incident of human error and try to turn it into some kind of fascist national policy.

Last edited by FrugalYankee; 02-16-2012 at 12:19 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 11:02 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
This was a preschooler. The first of the article says that government guidelines require the nutrition requiremnts.Sounds like reguation placed on the school or preschool program to administer to me ;if true.Desn't talk about it being voluantary or the pentalty for not following thru with gudelines.So this maybe guidelines that are not enforceable to any degree.But of course locals can aply the guidelines with the assurances that they are backed up by the guidlines published on suits and compliants.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:02 AM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Oh really? So you missed the point where the individual from the USDA admitted that this happened?
LMAO ... again. Apparently you didn't read your own link, which pointed out egregious errors in the Carolina Journal article.

I suggest you read it again, and then read the link a few posts upthread.

The incident simply did not happen as reported. I dunno why you can't wrap your head around that simple fact.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:12 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,523,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
LMAO ... again. Apparently you didn't read your own link, which pointed out egregious errors in the Carolina Journal article.

I suggest you read it again, and then read the link a few posts upthread.

The incident simply did not happen as reported. I dunno why you can't wrap your head around that simple fact.
What you seem to not be able to grasp is that it DID in fact happen. You can not see the bigger picture. No one is interested in the "steps" the bigger concern is that this instance did happen.

Asking seriously, are you really an editor?

Old 02-16-2012, 11:51 AM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
What you seem to not be able to grasp is that it DID in fact happen.
Did it? And which version happened? Do you know? How do you know?

The very link you yourself posted -- and did you read the other link from the Burlington newspaper? I'm guessing not -- refute the Carolina Journal's reporting.

The very fact that the Carolina Journal story carried substantial errors by nature calls into question the rest of the story. The school has admitted the fact that a teacher -- not a "state agent" -- looked into that girl's lunch bag, but the rest has not been substantiated by any reputable news source.

You obviously haven't a clue how responsible news outlets operate, nor do you seem to be a very questioning or curious person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies