Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 03:55 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
But the article -- in a publication with a questionable track record in the first place -- that started the whole furor was based on incomplete and erroneous information. It was lousy reporting. Period.
I still don't understand why the people arguing against you on this, can't see this.

The article as written was BAD. Bad jounralism. It was nothing more than an attempt on the reporter's part to make a mountain out of a molehill, and she didn't do her due diligence to get BOTH sides of the story before "running" with it.

I blame her AS WELL as the damn editor who should have sent her back out to check her sources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 03:57 PM

649 posts, read 1,133,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
I still don't understand why the people arguing against you on this, can't see this.

The article as written was BAD. Bad jounralism. It was nothing more than an attempt on the reporter's part to make a mountain out of a molehill, and she didn't do her due diligence to get BOTH sides of the story before "running" with it.

I blame her AS WELL as the damn editor who should have sent her back out to check her sources.
because its something many of us can EASILY picture the nanny state liberals and/or puritan social conservatives imposing on us. It "rings true" even if it didn't really happe in this particular case, because big government from the left and right is CONSTANTLY imposing on our individual liberties in America now

Old 02-16-2012, 04:00 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,195,756 times
Ahahahaha.

"Well it didn't actually happen in this case, but since it seems plausible enough in my own fevered imagination driven by chain emails and talk radio, it must be true somewhere, I tells ya!"

Dude, are you for real?

Old 02-16-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Ahahahaha.

"Well it didn't actually happen in this case, but since it seems plausible enough in my own fevered imagination driven by chain emails and talk radio, it must be true somewhere, I tells ya!"

Dude, are you for real?
you probably support the big government nanny state, right? people are pissed off

Old 02-16-2012, 04:06 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
you probably support the big government nanny state, right? people are pissed off
I think Arus is more a supporter of people finding the facts of the case before they cream their jeans over the idea that their prejudice has come to life. I'm sure he'll tell you the same.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I think Arus is more a supporter of people finding the facts of the case before they cream their jeans over the idea that their prejudice has come to life. I'm sure he'll tell you the same.
well, I waded threw the last couple of pages and don't even know whether or not his **** happened or not

Old 02-16-2012, 04:08 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,195,756 times
Quote:
you probably support the big government nanny state, right?
No, but I also have sense enough to not chase at made-up shadows.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:28 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,523,734 times
Quote:
well, I waded threw the last couple of pages and don't even know whether or not his **** happened or not

Sadly, it did....check post 224 and read the link within.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:43 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,949,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
This is what blows the original story out of the water. The freakin' superintendent of curriculum of the school district --- who the Carolina Journal reporter did not bother to talk to -- said the whole incident was a simple mistake; no one was charged any money, no one's lunch was taken away.

Sara Burrows did, however, contact the principal of the school involved.

The "freakin' superintendent's" spin (lies?) in the story you quoted does not blow the original story out of the water.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:58 PM

41,975 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
It "rings true" even if it didn't really happe in this particular case, because big government from the left and right is CONSTANTLY imposing on our individual liberties in America now
Reactionary much?

Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post

Dude, are you for real?
LMAO. It boggles the mind, doesn't it? Not to mention that it frightens me that some of these people vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
The "freakin' superintendent's" spin (lies?) in the story you quoted does not blow the original story out of the water.
I'd believe the superintendent quoted in a story in a real newspaper before I'd believe hearsay and innuendo from unnamed individuals in an online rag with a specific agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies