Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:03 PM

613 posts, read 760,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
lol, the far right wants GOVERNMENT OUT of all things, except this, where the District Attorney gets all access to medical records.

janelle dear, doctors aren't "forced to give abortions". That would be illegal and against every woman's Constittutional Rights. Medical doctors advocate for the patient first. That's what the Hippocratic Oath is for, unlesss you happen to live in a dictatorship.

My God, we need jury reform if some of these posts are an example of how some women actually think the laws work. [smh]

Conservatives in the USA are for more government intervention and regulation than Joey Stalin was, but for some reason oil companies should be left alone.

GOP = Extreme Government Regulation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 06:22 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
These are no longer isolated incidents. These types of bills are being introduced all over the country. They are being passed by majority Republican legislatures and signed into law by Republican governors.
If this does not represent the will of the party, where are the protests from the Republican 'mainstream?'
I certainly understand not wanting to believe that one's party has been hijacked by a small percentage of very active, very vocal extremists, but, the fact remains that it has and based on the comments in this thread and others, there are far too many who choose to either pretend that this is not the case and/or blame the 'left' for manufacturing outrage as if there is no cause for women to be very concerned that their rights are being seriously abridged.
And claiming that the other side does something too does absolutely nothing to stop this current brand of insanity.
That's simply not true!

Old 03-20-2012, 06:25 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,749,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That's simply not true!
What part isn't true?

Old 03-20-2012, 06:26 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
That's simply not true!
What exactly is not true about that statement? You seem to have a problem understanding this has already passed, voted in by the Republicans in the Georgia Senate.

Last edited by Zimbochick; 03-20-2012 at 07:32 PM..

Old 03-20-2012, 06:28 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
If the "personhood" bills that have been introduced by REPUBLICANS are passed, that make use of the IUD a crime. And incidentally puts breast cancer survivors at a hige disadvantage since BC pills containing estrogen are contraindicated. The IUD is one of their few remaining options.

Tell me again how the Republicans are not trying to ban contraceptives?
Are you saying that breast cancer survivors need estrogen? You couldn't be more wrong. Estrogen blockers are used because these types of tumors feed off estorgen to grow.

Isn't the IUD considered to be more dangerous of a birth control method than the pill? Have you bothered to find of why IUD's might be banned instead of assuming it is just another meany thing that Republicans are doing to women as claimed by the left?

Old 03-20-2012, 06:28 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,749,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Another case of government interference on personal lives. Both parties are guilty of interference issues I must say. I heard or read somewhere that I believe one party was pushing for a law to still end the fetus life if the baby survives the abortion. Is that true? If so, I appreciate someone let me know. Take care.
I have NEVER heard of any party advocating anything like this. I don't believe it is true.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:33 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
What part isn't true?
I would like to know the answer to that, too.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:35 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Are you saying that breast cancer survivors need estrogen? You couldn't be more wrong. Estrogen blockers are used because these types of tumors feed off estorgen to grow.

Isn't the IUD considered to be more dangerous of a birth control method than the pill? Have you bothered to find of why IUD's might be banned instead of assuming it is just another meany thing that Republicans are doing to women as claimed by the left?
Google is your friend.
con·tra·in·di·ca·tion (kntr-nd-kshn)n. A factor that renders the administration of a drug or the carrying out of a medical procedure inadvisable: A previous allergic reaction to penicillin is a contraindication to the future use of that drug.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:35 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:

No, she said estrogen is contraindicated, which means you shouldn't take it.

So an IUD is a non hormonal option.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:37 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Quote:

"Contraindicated" means not recommended. In this case, because of the estrogen in the pills. So if a breast cancer survivor can't use BC pills because of the estrogen, and can't use IUDs because of the legislature, what does that leave? Condoms? Oh, yay. And lots of people (males and females) are sensitive or allergic to spermicides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies