Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 03:54 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,771,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Lower the hammer? Everyone has a right to their own views. The problem is that the left picks out isolated incidents and the very few radicals on the right and uses them as examples of what the entire party stands for. They will even twist, spin and lie about an incident and words from the right as has been obvious by the numerous topics started in this forum. Mostly all lies! I could say the same thing about the left. Why don't they call out the radicals on their side? As you said, "they do it to" or "the side is worse" is what the left says also. Pot, kettle, black!
Well, then, by all means, allow "the very few" radicals (who've been growing in numbers) to express their radical and outrageous views and paint the entire GOP with their radicalism. The GOP isn't my party, so egg them on. If you don't care, why should I?

But, be prepared for more people (not just "leftists") to perceive the GOP as an unfriendly, my way or the highway, anachronistic entity that ends up alienating voters.

You need votes to win elections. The more Independents the GOP alienates, the harder it'll be to win elections. But if all you want is a group of like minded, uncompromising, intransigent and often outrageous people, I'd say you're on the right track. The current GOP primaries are showing the effect those "very few radicals" are having on the party. Enjoy it and pass the pop corn.

Good luck and cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 03:55 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Agreed, and I posted about a woman I knew who did carry a dead baby and she became extremely ill before the doctor's knew it was dead. What is the purpose of carrying a dead baby to full term?
I assume Republican legislators don't trust doctors to always know a live fetus from a dead fetus.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:00 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
This seems extreme to say the least. I am not sure what is the point he is trying to make with this:

Georgia Rep Wants To Force Women To Carry Stillborn Babies To Term
Good thing they finally showed their arse. Maybe red state women ought to get off their rumps? If they're marrying these morons, maybe they've earned it? If their mamma's are listening, maybe they'll reconsider what evil is passing for culture?

Maybe there are some states in the union where NOW should just leave to their own self destructive devices? Hold them up as poster children of what to never allow yourself to become? If a husband wants to troll on craigs list for a rapist to attack his wife, that's his 'right'. If a football player rapes you, not only won't the law confront him, the law will compel you to cheer for him.

Maybe it's high time we just accept the fact that defective males cannot be saved. Too far gone & incapable of being responsible for their vote.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:01 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,749,912 times
Just saw this on facebook:

Old 03-20-2012, 04:04 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Well, then, by all means, allow "the very few" radicals (who've been growing in numbers) to express their radical and outrageous views and paint the entire GOP with their radicalism. The GOP isn't my party, so egg them on. If you don't care, why should I?

But, be prepared for more people (not just "leftists") to perceive the GOP as an unfriendly, my way or the highway, anachronistic entity that ends up alienating voters.

You need votes to win elections. The more Independents the GOP alienates, the harder it'll be to win elections. But if all you want is a group of like minded, uncompromising, intransigent and often outrageous people, I'd say you're on the right track. The current GOP primaries are showing the effect those "very few radicals" are having on the party. Enjoy it and pass the pop corn.

Good luck and cheers.
What's more repugnant to me is that the very same individuals who did (and present tense would) assassinate Lincoln own the Republican party today. It's hideous.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:11 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
I don't think you need a doctor to explain, you just need to read more carefully before you joyfully leap on what you think is a mistake.

She was referring to (and said) a fetus that won't live. Like a fetus with anencephaly. Why should a woman carry a fetus to term knowing it will die when born, and have to go through the pain of normal labor and delivery/.
Well maybe the woman does not want to do through the pain of having that baby killed and aborted. That would be a greater pain for some women so let them chose. If the fetus/baby is still alive there has to be some way to kill it---some would rather let nature/God take it's course.

The dead baby needs to be delivered anyway. Either way is painful IMO.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well maybe the woman does not want to do through the pain of having that baby killed and aborted. That would be a greater pain for some women so let them chose. If the fetus/baby is still alive there has to be some way to kill it---some would rather let nature/God take it's course.

The dead baby needs to be delivered anyway. Either way is painful IMO.
Right...isn't this about choosing and the dipstick GA legislator trying to take that choice away?
A lot more painful to deliver a term baby than a preterm baby.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Just saw this on facebook:
The church doesn't want to have anything to do with your "box" so don't try to make them give your fertility supplies. If you like privacy then don't drag others in to pay for your contraceptives and keep it private.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Right...isn't this about choosing and the dipstick GA legislator trying to take that choice away?
A lot more painful to deliver a term baby than a preterm baby.

I can't say that nor can anyone else.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
[/b]

I can't say that nor can anyone else.

Don't be ridiculous. Delivering a five month fetus versus a nine month fetus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies