Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:06 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Google is your friend.
con·tra·in·di·ca·tion (kntr-nd-kshn)n. A factor that renders the administration of a drug or the carrying out of a medical procedure inadvisable: A previous allergic reaction to penicillin is a contraindication to the future use of that drug.
A person who doesn't know what the word "force" means will never be able to handle "contraindication"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 08:11 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I notice in the bill too, that one physician and two consulting physicians need to concur that the woman's life is at risk before the abortion can be performed.

How is that going to play out a 4am in a rural hospital?

What if it's your wife who dies because there weren't enough doctors to sign off on the surgery and the one doctor on call didn't want to go to jail for no less than one but no more than ten years?

It needs THREE doctors to determine the woman's prognosis in a possible emergency situation, which is so obviously ridiculously risky that I can't even fathom the logic.

There are no exceptions to this part of the bill. Men should be concerned for their wives, their sisters, and their daughters.

This is a very real possibility! Where I am on staff for anesthesia, we often get emergency transfers from a Catholic hospital that will not terminate a pregnancy that is causing the mother to hemorrhage to death. I can tell you, time is of the essence in order to save the mother's life.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:05 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Georgia State Rep Votes Against Radical Anti-Abortion Measure, Citing Daughter’s Experiences

Quote:
Rep. Ron Stephens (R), who considers himself pro-life, originally voted against the bill, along with 16 other Republicans. In an interview with the Savannah Morning News, Stephens recalled his daughter Ashlin’s pregnancy just a few years before, when her child was diagnosed with trisomy, a devastating genetic defect, and how this bill would have affected his family’s decision.

“For something this cruel to happen to my daughter, or anyone’s daughter,” he said, “is just plain inhumane. I consider myself pro-life, but this provision was a distortion of pro-life values.”

Old 04-02-2012, 06:12 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,902 times
It's a delicacy in some Far East countries

Old 04-02-2012, 06:21 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
It's a delicacy in some Far East countries
That is disgusting, what are you talking about?

Old 04-03-2012, 01:10 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,630,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Disgusting.
+1

Quote:
This is an atrocity against human beings, who have emotions and feelings surrounding pregnancy, yes - even those human beings who choose abortion for whatever their reason.

This bill is in the process of being passed, and any doctor that performs an abortion past 20 weeks is liable for prosecution and 10 years jail time.

People should be outraged that that's possible, for making a medical decision that's right for a patient. It should be between the patient and their doctor.

Nobody in their right mind can think this is okay.

Georgia House passes ‘fetal pain' abortion bill *| ajc.com

And the esteemed Gentleman, who doesn't have children, said that he understands how devastated a woman might be to have to do this because it saddened him to deliver stillborn COWS and PIGS.

That's empathy at it's finest, Ladies and Gentlemen.
+1

Quote:
Nobody should support this bill, at least without the proper exception that would exclude women who are carrying dead and or damaged beyond repair children.
Exactly!

Those that do are sick melon farmers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I'm thinking he is being extreme to show how absurd the law is... yes? I can't imagine even a repug making the comparison of women to animals and being serious.... well except for Sanntorum... but for the most part I think he is being the extreme to show this is stupid.

please tell me I'm right....
You are not right, sorry. He's a sick uncaring ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I clicked on your link and there were no details about the bill.
Yes there were, at the bottom of the page was the whole bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
There is no abortion if the baby is dead. Look up stillborn births. Doesn't the pregnancy end shortly after the baby dies in the womb? How long can a baby stay in the womb if it is dead? It certainly is not growing and probably shriveling and getting smaller.
Yes, there are. I don't need to look it up, I have lived it thanks. D&E is comsidered an abortion.

Quote:
That's exactly the point. Nowhere in the bill is there language that addresses the death of the fetus in utero. It is across the board illegal to abort a fetus for any reason after 20 weeks other than the potential for serious injury or death to the mother, or to keep the fetus from harm. There is specific language that states that if you intervene in the pregnancy then the fetus is to be removed alive and efforts made to keep it that way.

Dilation and extraction = abortion, which will be illegal, even after the diagnosis of stillbirth has been made.
Which is why it's so wrong, not to mention the fact abortion is considered a political pawn to begin with.

Quote:
[/b]I can't say that nor can anyone else.
I can. I delivered one healthy child full term via c-section, one healthy child via vbac, and one 5 1/2 month old still born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
If men could be pregnant, abortion would have been legal a long time ago.

Quote:
Forcing doctors to do abortions when it violates their conscience.
When the life of the Mother is at stake, the Dr.'s "conscience" should be the LAST thing considered IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
No, it isnt.
It isnt any of your business, it isnt any of my business, and it certainly isnt the business of politicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I commend Finster for at least trying..........

The language of the bill has been posted and broken down.

It's flat out repulsive.

Some states have similar time lines in place - I have in-laws who are genetically predisposed to a genetic cross that will create a developmental issue where the internal organs grow too rapidly, destroy the other internal organs and prevent a viable existence for the fetus.

This legislation is cruel - party line doesn't matter, it simply is

I also know people who have had to have a dead fetus removed - it is done by a technique that would fall under the "abortion" classification

Just heartless to make these people suffer more and not even give them a choice in their care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Georgia State Rep Votes Against Radical Anti-Abortion Measure, Citing Daughter’s Experiences
Quote:
Rep. Ron Stephens (R), who considers himself pro-life, originally voted against the bill, along with 16 other Republicans. In an interview with the Savannah Morning News, Stephens recalled his daughter Ashlin’s pregnancy just a few years before, when her child was diagnosed with trisomy, a devastating genetic defect, and how this bill would have affected his family’s decision.

“For something this cruel to happen to my daughter, or anyone’s daughter,” he said, “is just plain inhumane. I consider myself pro-life, but this provision was a distortion of pro-life values.”
Well said Ron Stephens! Thanks for posting his comment Zimbo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies