Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 06:27 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Okay. This stuff is getting out of hand. Truly and really OUT OF HAND.

Whether you are pro life or pro choice, if you're pro women, in any way shape or form, even if you don't agree with all of them, you've got to see by now that there's something wrong in the way that a woman's life and well being is being regarded as secondary to a fetus at all costs.

Asking a woman to carry a stillborn (or about to be) baby to make some point about the bible is outrageous and immoral. There is no possible good argument for it. It reduces women to the status of brood animals. In fact, I'd be surprised if they let brood animals do it without interfering.

I don't care whether you're left or right, as a decent human being you should be absolutely terrified that anybody's even thinking of introducing this as a bill. Absolutely terrified.
Agreed, and I posted about a woman I knew who did carry a dead baby and she became extremely ill before the doctor's knew it was dead. What is the purpose of carrying a dead baby to full term?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 06:28 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Wtf??

Old 03-19-2012, 06:37 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why are a few radicals in the GOP always compared to the entire party? Is this the way that the libs/lefties Democrats operate these days?
Stop with the "lefties" stuff. Who cares about that? Same with anybody else who wants to bring partisanship into this, "lefties" included.

This is an atrocity against human beings, who have emotions and feelings surrounding pregnancy, yes - even those human beings who choose abortion for whatever their reason.

This bill is in the process of being passed, and any doctor that performs an abortion past 20 weeks is liable for prosecution and 10 years jail time.

People should be outraged that that's possible, for making a medical decision that's right for a patient. It should be between the patient and their doctor.

Nobody in their right mind can think this is okay.

Georgia House passes ‘fetal pain' abortion bill *| ajc.com

Quote:
Opponents said the bill would legislate decisions that should be made by doctors, that it would force women to carry to term fetuses that will be stillborn because of medical problems and would put doctors at risk who work with difficult pregnancies. Doctors who are involved in abortions after 20 weeks that do not meet the bill's restrictions could be charged with a felony and face up to 10 years in prison.
Quote:
Rep. Kathy Ashe, D-Atlanta, asked her fellow legislators to send the bill back to at least make that exception, but the bill's supporters just as vehemently opposed any delay. The bill passed 102- 65, closely along party lines.
And the esteemed Gentleman, who doesn't have children, said that he understands how devastated a woman might be to have to do this because it saddened him to deliver stillborn COWS and PIGS.

That's empathy at it's finest, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:42 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,492 times
Ah Republican reasoning. Government can't be trusted to do anything but make intimate medical decisions for women of childbearing age.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Agreed, and I posted about a woman I knew who did carry a dead baby and she became extremely ill before the doctor's knew it was dead. What is the purpose of carrying a dead baby to full term?
My apologies, I didn't see this post. Thank you for being gracious.

Yes, this is not a red or blue issue, what's the possible logical purpose of not excluding stillborns from this?

Old 03-19-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Stop with the "lefties" stuff. Who cares about that? Same with anybody else who wants to bring partisanship into this, "lefties" included.

This is an atrocity against human beings, who have emotions and feelings surrounding pregnancy, yes - even those human beings who choose abortion for whatever their reason.

This bill is in the process of being passed, and any doctor that performs an abortion past 20 weeks is liable for prosecution and 10 years jail time.

People should be outraged that that's possible, for making a medical decision that's right for a patient. It should be between the patient and their doctor.

Nobody in their right mind can think this is okay.

Georgia House passes ‘fetal pain' abortion bill *| ajc.com

And the esteemed Gentleman, who doesn't have children, said that he understands how devastated a woman might be to have to do this because it saddened him to deliver stillborn COWS and PIGS.

That's empathy at it's finest, Ladies and Gentlemen.
Why don't you tell that to those in here attacking the entire Republican party all the time what you said to me? I only attack lefties when they attack us conservatives FIRST. I have the right to defend myself, my party and my beliefs from that.

Speaking of atrocities what about kiling the unborn? Don't they count? I already agreed that this legislation to make a woman carry a dead baby to term was ridiculous and that is the topic at hand.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:52 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,290,712 times
Good think this will never pass.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Why don't you tell that to those in here attacking the entire Republican party all the time what you said to me? I only attack lefties when they attack us conservatives FIRST. I have the right to defend myself, my party and my beliefs from that.

Speaking of atrocities what about kiling the unborn? Don't they count? I already agreed that this legislation to make a woman carry a dead baby to term was ridiculous and that is the topic at hand.
See my post above, and I said that it applies to everyone, including "lefties".

Old 03-19-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
My apologies, I didn't see this post. Thank you for being gracious.

Yes, this is not a red or blue issue, what's the possible logical purpose of not excluding stillborns from this?
No problem. Apology accepted.

I just don't understand why pro-choicers have to be so rabid that they have to insult us pro-lifers. They always make it about the entire Republican party as if no Demcrats oppose abortion. I put a bunch of them on ignore. I asked for civility under another topic but they just kept it up so there was no point in trying to debate with them anymore. Some of them came back under this topic. Thank God I can't read their responses anymore.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:59 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,117,283 times
Quote:
Why are a few radicals in the GOP always compared to the entire party? Is this the way that the libs/lefties Democrats operate these days?
B/c your party does nothing to silence them or shut down their agenda. Instead the diehards bully the moderates into accepting their absurdity or face a real Conservative in their next primary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies