Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 01:55 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Until we hear experts who actually match the voice to tm, I'll stick with it was gz or we don't know.
There is no voice sample of TM to check agaisnt and the experts basically say there is half a chance it was either one.
In any case, GZ was being beaten on the bottom with at least one broken bone and head damage. Appears to be self defense.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:57 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Do you have a source or mole at the FBI who can tell us when their tests confirm it was tm ?
We heard the same conflicting reports during the Casey Anthony trial regarding the decomposition smell.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:58 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There is no voice sample of TM to check agaisnt and the experts basically say there is half a chance it was either one.
In any case, GZ was being beaten on the bottom with at least one broken bone and head damage. Appears to be self defense.
Evidence, please? Link to pictures and medical reports?

Thanks.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:00 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Do you think you could have whipped Trayvon Martin in a fight?..........or would you have had to be like George and be forced to shoot him.
That is the question one would ask a reasonable person.

Apparently you are being attacked on your back with at least one broken face bone. You are getting your head handed to you on concrete and you are cut and bleeding with a 6'3" football playing male on top of you with lost of energy. Probably will go for your gun at some point and you could not trust what they do if you next passed out from the beating. You can't retreat while on your back with a big guy on top of you smacking away.

You shoot him I think.
I think most people would have shot him unless they were already dying with cancer or something.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I don't recall anyone claiming that there was a witness to the beginning of the attack. All I've seen are witnesses who saw what took place once the attack began and Travyon was on top of Zimmerman.

The 13 year old child isn't one of the 2 witnesses that I've read about who saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman beating him.
Yet you told me I was wrong when I said I stood behind that statement.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:04 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
That is the question one would ask a reasonable person.

Apparently you are being attacked on your back with at least one broken face bone. You are getting your head handed to you on concrete and you are cut and bleeding with a 6'3" football playing male on top of you with lost of energy. Probably will go for your gun at some point and you could not trust what they do if you next passed out from the beating. You can't retreat while on your back with a big guy on top of you smacking away.

You shoot him I think.
I think most people would have shot him unless they were already dying with cancer or something.
Exactly, based on the police report Zimmerman claims that Trayvon went for his holstered gun. I'm fine getting into a physical confrontation with someone and I can take a good old fashioned ass whooping with the best of them but when someone takes it to the next level I'll end the fight really quick.

If I put myself into Zimmerman's shoes I would have done the exact same thing (assuming that his story is true) except I wouldn't have fired 3 shots, not 1.

That being said, I would never agree to volunteer to patrol a community like that because of the increased chance of me getting into a situation where I might need to defend myself.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:07 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Thanks.

The medical reports created at the scene by the EMTs haven't been released yet.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:12 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,790,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Thanks.
The Problem here: is YOU do not want to wait for the facts to be sorted out in a court of law; YOU want to judge & sentence zimmerman right here with only 1/2 of the facts released to the public.

GROW UP AND WAIT!!

Old 04-15-2012, 02:15 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Then explain why so many people are being released from prison that were never guilty to begin with?
True, but most of the people were found guilty way before today's new technology.

I do agree, however, that people are charged with crimes they probably didn't commit. Still, even when they're found "not guilty" we never really know the truth, do we? I mean, why would anyone else kill Caylee Anthony? Why would any mother who isn't completely insane decide not to call the cops for over a month when her little baby is missing? Why would she then lie to cops, make up a story about a nanny and impede the investigation while her child is still missing? Yet, apparently 12 people voted "not guilty" of everything but lying to the police. Maybe they thought it was possible Caylee drowned accidentally and everyone freaked out, but that makes no sense to me. I really don't know. Was OJ Simpson framed? Was all that evidence planted or did a vicious murderer go free? IMO having a good lawyer means everything, even when there's lots of damning evidence.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:20 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
The Problem here: is YOU do not want to wait for the facts to be sorted out in a court of law; YOU want to judge & sentence zimmerman right here with only 1/2 of the facts released to the public.

GROW UP AND WAIT!!
Oh, brother.

Zimmerman acted as judge, jury, and executioner and there are a number of posters here who are convinced that Trayvon was up to no good, even though there is absolutely no proof of it, and that he got what he deserved, and you're going to tell ME to "GROW UP AND WAIT!!"

What's the matter? Did you run out of new birther material to post?

Maybe you could post an update on snowmobiling Jesus.

I, at least, have said many times that there are a few minutes where NONE of us know what happened. There are plenty of others who won't even concede to that - they are just convinced that Trayvon was the attacker and that everything Zimmerman has said is the truth.

Oh, crap. I must be losing my mind! I'm defending myself to someone who thinks he saw Jesus riding a snowmobile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies