Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 10:13 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Seriously lacking an argument. Not even a shred of logic or fact to show where he is wrong. Just basic lefty stock-in-trade name-calling.
I really don’t need too much of an argument. His statements and positions work against him. To start it’s completely ridiculous to compare the Democratic Party to slavery and you know it. To start the middle passage into slavery was the biggest genocide in the history of mankind. People were packed and transported like cargo, murdered, sold, raped, separated from their families, lied to, history stolen, etc. Present day Democrats are only offering what a lot of black people want strong federal government, balanced economic policies, progressive taxation, etc.

How is that logic and fact for you? Whatever points this guy was trying to make will not be listened to because of the ignorant tone he set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 12:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Kind of ironic when we're up to a 6 page thread so far, with liberal attacks at conservative blacks. You can try to ignore them...but there are intelligent, hard working, successful blacks, who are also conservative.

As to the Jewish vote...many Jews also like to play the victim card, as much as some blacks. Not that suprising that they would vote Democratic. I'm not aware of the voting history of Asians.
So now even the Jews play the victim card huh?

And yea, you ARE familiar with Asian-American voting patterns. Stop fibbing.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
So you believe that almost all Black voters are caged up and have no interest in getting a job? That's a pretty hardcore racist statement to make
He's a racist...what do you expect?

Damn, you're just now figuring that out?

Old 05-09-2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I believe that the majority of black voters vote for Democrats and have no clue why they do it, most have been trained by their parent(s) and community to believe that Democrats will take care of them and give them free stuff in return for their votes. Of course they've also been told that anyone who doesn't want to give them free stuff is a racist.

Most black voters would rather continue voting Democrat and waiting for the change to take place than vote for someone else and actually make the change happen.
Again, what free stuff do blacks get under Democrats that they can't get under Republicans?

And what free stuff do blacks get under Dems that whites don't get?

(crickets)

Old 05-09-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I see it as these blacks who say they no longer live on the plantation have grown beyond the enslaved victim mentality that so many blacks still have--and that Democrats subtly encourage--and have managed to make good lives for themselves. If that describes the "white man's superior culture", then so be it. I applaud them for having left it behind them.
An attempt at self aggrandizement on your part.

There is no white man's superior culture. And i don't know any black folks that think so either. Even your beloved black conservative Uncle Toms don't think so.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
But I didn't say that it was. However the black civil rights movement obviously traces back to the history of slavery. The point is just that there were major differences between the gay and black civil rights movement, but in spite of that, the analogy still works. It's far from perfect, but that doesn't mean that those who buy into it are clueless.

Similarly the plantation analogy used by black conservatives is not perfect, but nonetheless works. In both cases you've got an effort by white overlords to corral masses of blacks into a particular space, one physical and the other ideological. If someone tries to leave the ideological plantation they are not whipped. So yeah, the analogy is imperfect. But they are subject to harassment, being called 'Uncle Tom' (as seen in this very thread), 'oreo' etc.
You don't know that. Those are conversations that you aren't privy to and don't get to hear anyway.

Oreo and Uncle Tom has nothing to do with voting for the GOP....further proof that you don't know what you're talking about.

...As usual.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:19 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
To start it’s completely ridiculous to compare the Democratic Party to slavery and you know it. To start the middle passage into slavery was the biggest genocide in the history of mankind. People were packed and transported like cargo, murdered, sold, raped, separated from their families, lied to, history stolen, etc..

Actually I know no such thing. Again the comparison is of whites trying to corral masses of blacks into a particular space, whether physical or ideological. Do you really think that 50 years of liberalism has been healthy for the black community?

And on a side note, it was Muslims who re-introduced slavery in the 15th century. Slavery had been abolished in Europe by around 1000 AD. It was rekindled when the Portuguese established sugar plantations on islands off the coast of Africa, and tapped into the existing Islamic slave trade for labor to work their sugar plantations, Shabazz.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Actually I know no such thing. Again the comparison is of whites trying to corral masses of blacks into a particular space, whether physical or ideological. Do you really think that 50 years of liberalism has been healthy for the black community?

And on a side note, it was Muslims who re-introduced slavery in the 15th century. Slavery had been abolished in Europe by around 1000 AD. It was rekindled when the Portuguese established sugar plantations on islands off the coast of Africa, and tapped into the existing Islamic slave trade for labor to work their sugar plantations, Shabazz.
We'll determine what's been healthy for the black community, not you. You worry about your politics and the politics of your people and we'll worry about our own politics.

And no one is attempting to corral anyone into anything. People vote the way they want to vote. Last i checked, only one person steps into a voting booth. If you know different, then show me proof.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:31 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You don't know that. Those are conversations that you aren't privy to and don't get to hear anyway.

Oreo and Uncle Tom has nothing to do with voting for the GOP....further proof that you don't know what you're talking about.

...As usual.
Yeah I suppose you're right. I don't have my secret decoder ring. I did read Uncle Tom's Cabin though, have you? I suspect not.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Yeah I suppose you're right. I don't have my secret decoder ring. I did read Uncle Tom's Cabin though, have you? I suspect not.
Whether or not i read it is immaterial anyway (and yea..it was required reading when i was in school).

It doesn't change the fact that you have no idea what blacks say about other blacks because you aren't privy to those conversations. All you know is what you read on the net. It aint about decoding...it's about access. If i had something disparaging to say about black folks, i wouldn't say it in your presence, and most black people i know are the same way.

Now the Uncle Tom or Oreo thing is a different story, but still, you're just dredging up stuff you've heard on websites or on TV. You've never heard this stuff in person and you know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies