Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 08:37 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
lol. Circular reasoning.You need to get your tuition back from that prof. if this is what you think is a logical analogy.

smh.
I would respond but unfortunately you don't supply much of an an argument to which I can respond. Circular? How so? I should get my tutiion back? On what grounds? "All analogies limp" is pretty widely accepted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 08:38 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I have no idea of what you are attempting to say.
All Historians are revisionists....So why would you hold somebody accountable for disconnecting themselves from garbage?

Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times
eh. No sense in arguing . I have read your other posts.

You are using "gays" and blacks in a mutually exclusive and irrelevant argument. need I say more? Your post style alone shows where you are coming from.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:42 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,595 times
The problem is that you fail to see that black culture is ver similar to southern white culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
The problem with black conservatives and most republicans in general is they believe they need to fit into "white America's way of doing things" to get accepted. They basically turn their back on African American history and culture and take on what they feel is the superior culture which is what they see as white culture?

Old 05-07-2012, 10:17 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I chanced upon this from Monica Crowley while driving back from Spokane to Seattle after running in the Bloomsday 12K race. The 'runaway slave' project is complete and the documentary will be coming to a theater near you in June. CL Bryant is a former NAACP activist turned Tea Party activist. I'm going to have to listen to Monica on a more regular basis.

Runaway Slave - The Documentary Movie
Anybody that considers themselves “runaway slaves” because they left the Democratic Party and joined the tea party is clearly delusional. Especially if they use Armstrong Williams clips to make their case. Seriously laughable.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:31 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,595 times
What if they joined the libertarian party?

Old 05-07-2012, 10:35 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Anybody that considers themselves “runaway slaves” because they left the Democratic Party and joined the tea party is clearly delusional. Especially if they use Armstrong Williams clips to make their case. Seriously laughable.
Seriously lacking an argument. Not even a shred of logic or fact to show where he is wrong. Just basic lefty stock-in-trade name-calling.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:45 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,141 times
Quote:
Seriously lacking an argument. Not even a shred of logic or fact to show where he is wrong. Just basic lefty stock-in-trade name-calling.
The entire premise is outlandish, not worthy of a serious response.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:01 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,938 times
Quote:
In the first place, I don't think the analogy "hangs on the ridiculously stupid assertion that most Blacks only vote Democrat to keep welfare going." In fact I'd say it's possible to construct this analogy without even making reference to welfare.

It wouldn't make since to use that analogy on Evangelicals since they were never in their history forced to work on plantations. But if a liberal evangelical wanted to use an anology of evangelicals being led into a 'Republican heresy,' for example, I could see making that analogy.

In the second place it seems problematic to suggest that there is a particular way "how Black Americans think." Not only would it be stupid, but I would take offense if somebody suggested to me that there was some 'white way of thinking.'
1. It does. Everytime this discussion comes up, the plantation is explained by conservatives as blacks wanting welfare and not wanting to heart about personal responsibility. It already happened in this thread.

2. heresy is a poor example of an equivalent argument a liberal could make. So what if a Liberal described escaping the Evangelical inquisition? would that be a fair analogy?

3. I didn't say Blacks think a certain way. I said thinking they only think one way shows you don't know how they think ie being oblivious to the many issues that would lead Blacks to vote Democrat.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,077 times
Quote:
I chanced upon this from Monica Crowley while driving back from Spokane to Seattle after running in the Bloomsday 12K race. The 'runaway slave' project is complete and the documentary will be coming to a theater near you in June. CL Bryant is a former NAACP activist turned Tea Party activist. I'm going to have to listen to Monica on a more regular basis.

Runaway Slave - The Documentary Movie
Movie will probably suck, most far right wingers are horrible at film making or anything creative, they make great shock jocks however
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies