Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 02:00 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So why is the Asian and Jewish vote overwhelmingly Dem if that's the case?

Your second point is so ridiculous that even YOU don't believe it. No one gives a damn about conservative blacks. They don't even come up in conversation. If you actually knew a black person, you'd know that.
Kind of ironic when we're up to a 6 page thread so far, with liberal attacks at conservative blacks. You can try to ignore them...but there are intelligent, hard working, successful blacks, who are also conservative.

As to the Jewish vote...many Jews also like to play the victim card, as much as some blacks. Not that suprising that they would vote Democratic. I'm not aware of the voting history of Asians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 02:06 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
What a ridiculous question.
You're right, it is ridiculous since we all know what the answer is.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No one gives a damn about conservative blacks. They don't even come up in conversation. If you actually knew a black person, you'd know that.
I do, I give a damn about anyone who's smart enough to rise above the ignorance of the Democrat party and the black caged voter disease. They probably don't come up in conversation much when it's die hard Democrat voting black folks talking but then again neither does the idea of getting jobs, the national debt, black on black crime or personal responsibility.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Default Black Conservatives and their Misuse of the Plantation Analogy.

One of the more telling moments of recent cluelessness being perpetuated by so-called "black conservatives" is the attempt to use plantation metaphors to characterize their supposed ostracization by liberals and liberal Democrats in particular.

To me this self-righteous pity party by a group of generally well-heeled African-Americans, demonstrates a real disconnect from African American history and the African Americans in general, because it belittles what transpired in the antebellum slave culture of the U.S to the point of caricature.

Slave Punishments

Fugitive Slaves

When I think of this analogy that "so-called" black conservatives are unleashing upon the public, I can only think of the reaction that would be created by comparing themselves to Holocaust victims, but then again if they really want the all out pity party, hell why not go for the whole enchilada?

Frankly, when the day comes that these poor abused politicians, pundits and academics, are chased from their middle to upper middle class existence and chased through the swamps, marshes and snow covered fields by bloodhounds and liberals horseback brandishing whips and chains to force them back into the menial jobs that far too many of their brethren toil at, then I might give them the time of day.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:22 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
To me this self-righteous pity party by a group of generally well-heeled African-Americans, demonstrates a real disconnect from African American history and the African Americans in general, because it belittles what transpired in the antebellum slave culture of the U.S to the point of caricature.
So, basically, you'd rather these well-heeled African-American's who call themselves conservatives dither in poverty and other ills that effect the black community just so you can be happy that they're not Uncle Tom's and other monikers that jealous black Democrats love to throw around?

It sounds to me that you'd like those Conservative Toms to be stuck on the "plantation." Where else would they go if not upward in social mobility and rightward in political ideology?

Yep, the Democratic "plantation" is a very accurate description, it's just inconvenient to those who hate that it's true.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:41 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I do, I give a damn about anyone who's smart enough to rise above the ignorance of the Democrat party and the black caged voter disease. They probably don't come up in conversation much when it's die hard Democrat voting black folks talking but then again neither does the idea of getting jobs, the national debt, black on black crime or personal responsibility.
So you believe that almost all Black voters are caged up and have no interest in getting a job? That's a pretty hardcore racist statement to make

Old 05-07-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
So you believe that almost all Black voters are caged up and have no interest in getting a job? That's a pretty hardcore racist statement to make
I believe that the majority of black voters vote for Democrats and have no clue why they do it, most have been trained by their parent(s) and community to believe that Democrats will take care of them and give them free stuff in return for their votes. Of course they've also been told that anyone who doesn't want to give them free stuff is a racist.

Most black voters would rather continue voting Democrat and waiting for the change to take place than vote for someone else and actually make the change happen.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:47 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,379 times
Quote:
I believe that the majority of black voters vote for Democrats and have no clue why they do it, most have been trained by their parent(s) and community to believe that Democrats will take care of them and give them free stuff in return for their votes. Of course they've also been told that anyone who doesn't want to give them free stuff is a racist.

Most black voters would rather continue voting Democrat and waiting for the change to take place than vote for someone else and actually make the change happen.
So you believe most Black voters are clueless caged individuals who just want welfare, and you throw in the race baiting card while you say this????????

Old 05-07-2012, 02:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
I believe that the majority of black voters vote for Democrats and have no clue why they do it,
Every time a Rush Limbaugh, a Shawn Hannity, a Newt Gingrich, a Rick Santorum, or a late Lee Atwater opens their mouths, or puts a pen to paper black voters, get a lot more than a clue as to why they vote for the Democratic Party.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:58 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,889 times
The problem with black conservatives and most republicans in general is they believe they need to fit into "white America's way of doing things" to get accepted. They basically turn their back on African American history and culture and take on what they feel is the superior culture which is what they see as white culture.

The democratic plantation comment shows how stupid and idiotic they actually are. Name 5 differences of social policy between democratic and conservative? You couldn't.

How is anti abortion or anti gay rights keeping blacks on the plantation? Is unemployment keeping blacks on the plantation? Is welfare that's been out since way back in the day keeping blacks on the plantation? Same welfare that also benefits whites. Is food stamps keeping blacks on the plantation?

Is poor quality supermarkets opened in predominantly black areas keeping blacks on the plantation? How about liquor stores that are basically on every block in the hood? Check cashing stores, pawn shops that always east of the railroad tracks whichbis usually in the poor black areas?

Those are things that can and will keep blacks on the plantation.

Black conservatives don't even know they're getting played and used as example by the right wing, they're so happy to say "I'm not one of them" they can't even tell when they get laughed at.

Democratic plantation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies