Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 04:52 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Civil marriage has nothing to do with a synagogue or a church or a mosque or a temple or with Judaism or Christianity or Islam or Buddhism. Civil marriage is a contract within our civil law that confers to couples who contract one a collection of civil rights. It has nothing to do with religion whatsoever. The United States is not a Jewish theocracy. It's a society governed by civil, secular laws that are suppose to be blind to those under their jurisdiction.

I'm not telling religious people anything about their religion since I'm not discussing anything related to religion.

Again, requiring a government bureaucrat to process legal paperwork in no way whatsoever infringes upon her religious freedom or liberty.
listen I don't care if it's not religious if you held a gun to my head and required and told me I had to give a civil marriage" licensee or, even a civil union I would still be forbidden to give them the document. (what I said above is Jewish law not some hyperbole) I wouldn't even be allowed to open the door to allow a judge to walk into a gay wedding ceremony in a court.

If you would make me you are a bigot and a anti semite just like the Soviets.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:52 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
California has a very large Conservative population, and the measure didn't win by a huge majority. It also had an extremely large financial backing from the Mormon church.

You act like all 35 million Californians are as liberal as Western Europeans. Hardly.
Not to mention you need to look at who votes.

In that election cycle, voters under 30 made up 11% of the electorate, those 30-44 made up 22%, those 45-59 made up 33%, and those 60+ made up 34%. That equates to a 20% turnout for those under 30 and about a 50% turnout for those over 30 (with a higher percentage turnout as you get older in that 30+ group).

What do polls about gay marriage consistently show? They show that older people are more against it than for it, and that younger people are more for it than against it. Polls show that about 70% of adults under 30 support gay marriage, whereas about 30% of adults over 50 support it.

Votes often do not reflect the prevailing opinion of the people.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:53 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Neither is California, but they are one of the most liberal, and they voted it down also?
I am proud to be one of those who voted YES on Prop 22 and Prop 8!

Old 05-14-2012, 04:54 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
is there any form of indecency your not in favor of.
If the whole country was as sick as you we most likely would have legalized bestiality with in your life time.
What you consider indecent others do not. You do not get to make that assessment.

When animals learn to communicate and give informed consent, then I will approve of bestiality, even though it personally repulses me. When that happens, do get back to me.

4,529 posts, read 5,138,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Are you an anarchist?
No just someone that doesn't let Bronze Age fairy tales color my thinking.

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
So, is it bullying when Christians and Jews are set upon, called names, wished death upon,
insulted, their Gods slandered, and other slights and threats leveled at, because we spoke
our views and beliefs?

Who am I oppressing? I have never voted on this issue, hurt no one, just express my views.
Say what you will, the evil Yall' are spreading, will come back to you.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:55 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
listen I don't care if it's not religious if you held a gun to my head and required and told me I had to give a civil marriage" licensee or, even a civil union I would still be forbidden to give them the document. (what I said above is Jewish law not some hyperbole) I wouldn't even be allowed to open the door to allow a judge to walk into a gay wedding ceremony in a court.

If you would make me you are a bigot and a anti semite just like the Soviets.
I wouldn't make you. I'd just fire you from your job. If you refuse to process legal paperwork, then you shouldn't be a legal paperwork processor.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:56 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Sigh.

Civil rights (in other words, whether people should be afforded equality under the law, and not discriminated or excluded based on immutable characteristics) should not be subject to popular vote.

The only ones who think civil rights SHOULD BE subject to vote are people who want the ability to discriminate. In other words, the bigots, the crybabies, the prejudiced and those who are not fit to live in a free society.
You are right, Marriage however isn't a right.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:56 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Look man, it is 2012 you need a better reason than religion for not doing something.
In any case, if you think your imaginary friend does not want you to do something that a certain job requires, please find another job that your imaginary friend will be more comfortable with.
many people lost their job for following they're religion and you bgiots are happy.

this country was founded on Religious liberty not homo "rights" and when even they're is a conflict between the 2 which one do you think the founders would have gone with?

the reason liberals are in favor of homo "rights" is because they despise freedom of religion. and much like Marx think it's the opium of the masses.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:58 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,483 times
Quote:
many people lost their job for following they're religion and you bgiots are happy.

this country was founded on Religious liberty not homo "rights" and when even they're is a conflict between the 2 which one do you think the founders would have gone with?

the reason liberals are in favor of homo "rights" is because they despise freedom of religion. and much like Marx think it's the opium of the masses.
Laughing Out Loud. I would not know where to start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies