Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 02:06 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Who's having sex in public? There are laws against that.
Are you considering holding hands, or hugging sexual gratification?
How about public nakedness?
The best B2B photo so far… (NSFW) « Mission Mission
Google "Bay to Breakers" photos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 02:21 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
I don't need to Google it, since I've had to avoid the B2B traffic closures for years! Bay to Breakers is a fabulous event, and the participants always try to outdo each other with crazy get-ups. I suppose being naked doesn't count as a "get-up," but it works anyway.

Oh yeah, and have you heard about the World Naked Bike Ride? I love being in a region where people aren't so uptight and puritanical... although I personally would never considering getting nude in public, it's rather liberating to be around those who will. Wish I had their guts and self-confidence!
World Naked Bike Ride - San Francisco (that actually looks rather painful, especially for the men)

FYI: Public nudity isn't actually illegal in San Francisco, in fact it isn't illegal in MOST states... only public indecency is illegal, and there's a fine line (if the authorities so desire) between the two.

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-25-2012 at 02:37 AM..

Old 05-25-2012, 04:42 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I will let you into a secret ....... you don't have to buy one
Hey Jaggy...wasn't planning to buy a gay t shirt, a gang t shirt, a fat thin or old lady t shirt..got all the t shirts I need..no secret. I have been around for a VERY long time and don't need to be let in on much for secrets any longer. Oh, by the way was that you I saw in that "clever" and proud of it t shirt the other day?? Have a good one!

Old 05-25-2012, 06:06 AM

409 posts, read 254,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
That kids probably going to grow up to be a serial killer or pedophile now.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:45 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Can J.C. Penney Recover From First-Quarter Loss?

All that change did not fare well, according to the first quarter report, store sales for the first quarter declined 18.9%, total sales decreased 20.1%, and internet sales through J.C. Penney.com dropped by 27.9% from last year. "A great likeliness is that it's a direct result of a huge combination of those changes," Kislik said.

Read more: Can J.C. Penney Recover From First-Quarter Loss?

Penney reports loss and plummeting sales in 1Q - BusinessWeek

Then, Penney, which is based in Plano, Texas, affirmed that customers haven't warmed up to the strategy when it reported that it lost $163 million in the three months ended April 28.

J.C. Penney posts loss, sales tumble; cuts dividend | Reuters

Visits to Penney stores fell 10 percent in the latest quarter, with the biggest declines on weekends.

J.C. Penney sales tumble, scraps dividend - Chicago Tribune

Old 05-25-2012, 07:05 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Can J.C. Penney Recover From First-Quarter Loss?

All that change did not fare well, according to the first quarter report, store sales for the first quarter declined 18.9%, total sales decreased 20.1%, and internet sales through J.C. Penney.com dropped by 27.9% from last year. "A great likeliness is that it's a direct result of a huge combination of those changes," Kislik said.

Read more: Can J.C. Penney Recover From First-Quarter Loss?

Penney reports loss and plummeting sales in 1Q - BusinessWeek

Then, Penney, which is based in Plano, Texas, affirmed that customers haven't warmed up to the strategy when it reported that it lost $163 million in the three months ended April 28.

J.C. Penney posts loss, sales tumble; cuts dividend | Reuters

Visits to Penney stores fell 10 percent in the latest quarter, with the biggest declines on weekends.

J.C. Penney sales tumble, scraps dividend - Chicago Tribune
Read your own links. They stopped using coupons and discontinued the 20-cent-per-share shareholder dividends. Or do you really think it was because they hired Ellen as a spokesperson?

Quote:
"Coupons were a drug, they really drove traffic," CEO Ron Johnson said at the company's analyst conference in New York.

While Wall Street was braced for sales to slump when the discounts were taken away, the unexpected dividend move was viewed as a negative.

The Plano, Texas-based company said it was discontinuing its 20-cent-per-share quarterly dividend and that it would use the resulting $175 million in savings to help fund the company's turnaround.

"What the market did not predict was the dividend cut. That is the big shock," said Brian Sozzi, chief equities analyst for NBG Productions.

"The dividend cut makes you lose shareholder support. And it also makes you wonder, do they have the balance sheet to fund this massive transformation of the business over the next two to three years?" Sozzi said.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:08 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
That kids probably going to grow up to be a serial killer or pedophile now.
Because he caught a glimpse of some old straight hippy's wrinkled saggy tackle?

Old 05-25-2012, 07:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Read your own links. They stopped using coupons and discontinued the 20-cent-per-share shareholder dividends. Or do you really think it was because they hired Ellen as a spokesperson?
I believe they did both -- time will tell if promoting the homosexual agenda is a good marketing strategy.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:14 AM

8 posts, read 10,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeNomad View Post
Thanks for letting me know. I won't be shopping there anymore.
I doubt they'll miss you.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:41 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,513,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
They're selling propaganda.

Those t-shirts make it easy to identify the gay people in society, otherwise nobody would ever know.

It's how gay people find other gay people, by wearing those t-shirts they know when there is an ally among them.

Nobody would know they're gay or gay friendly if they didn't self identify in a public way.

Gays love to advertise.
Heh. Don't forget the super secret handshake and decoder ring!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies