Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 01:55 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times

Advertisements

I can't believe those people in that church thought this was funny. You know this was probably said about Black people back in the day but instead of singing Black they replaced it with something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 02:28 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I can't believe those people in that church thought this was funny. You know this was probably said about Black people back in the day but instead of singing Black they replaced it with something else.

Brainwashed? Maybe?

Old 05-30-2012, 02:39 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
God determines what is right and wrong regardless of man's laws. Homosexual behavior is a sin.
Ok. But do you believe that songs and cheering on topics like this is what Jesus really wants from his followers? Which part of the Bible has Jesus applauding how gays are "condemned?"

Old 05-30-2012, 03:10 PM

475 posts, read 508,322 times
How nice ! Brainwashing the kids. Im gay and id rather go to hell with nice people than go to heaven with bigots like this little kid.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I feel bad for the child and wonder if there isn't something behind this, like maybe he is showing gay tendencies or something and the are trying to beat it out of him.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyurban View Post
You know it's fine and most certainly dandy to have your own beliefs and opinions. However, be careful what you fill a kids head up with. Thats how they grow up to be the most hypocitical, greedy, arrogant bastards on earth.

Obviously this isn't a song those kids made up themselves. Some one taught them that. Don't be surprised if they turn out to be monsters.
I agree. I'm no fan of the gay lifestyle myself but you don't fill a kids head up with this or any other type of nonsense. Let them figure it out and decide on their own. Of course there are some crazy gay folks who fill kids heads with nonsense about how all christians are lunatics so it goes both ways.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:15 PM

475 posts, read 508,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
God determines what is right and wrong regardless of man's laws. Homosexual behavior is a sin.
Not everyone believes in God.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:16 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Not everyone believes in God.

Correct, a lot of adults do not beleive in having imaginary friends.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:16 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So?

Don't attend their church!

I certainly wouldn't vote for someone who sat in such radical pews for 20 years.

I don't think that many other people would either......oh.
Seriously, still bringing that up? Didn't seem to work 4 years ago... so why now? And in a thread that has nothing to do with Obama, no less.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:23 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I agree. I'm no fan of the gay lifestyle myself but you don't fill a kids head up with this or any other type of nonsense. Let them figure it out and decide on their own. Of course there are some crazy gay folks who fill kids heads with nonsense about how all christians are lunatics so it goes both ways.
Well said.

I suspect that church is a fundamentalist Christian church somewhere, probably in a rural part of Indiana. Seemed to be a small congregation, too. Didn't look like a large church of an older denomination in a large city. There used to be several liberal Christians posting on this board but they haven't been around for awhile. Maybe the liberal atheists drove them all away with their constant belittling of Christianity????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies