Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 09:08 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Love strikes again:

heaven - YouTube
That little flamer will be coming to a lady gaga concert near you too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,358 times
The Christian Taliban now has a junior division. Replace gays with Jews and this song could have been performed at a Hitler Youth rally. I am absolutely appalled that any parent would fill a young child with this much hatred.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:13 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, but the pews are full of unrepentent sinners. I grew up in a church like that one, on my last trip home they mentioned gays in the sermon and so forth.

VERY few even closeted gays would attend a church like that. I don't know why they are patting themselves on the back because the church should be preaching to their congregation about how to live THEIR lives. To be good christians, help the poor, sick, old and so forth.
I also grew up in a church like that one. It's not about improving themselves and living their own lives in a manner consistent with the teaching of Jesus. It's about judging others and dragging them down so they can feel good about themselves despite being generally terrible people. No helping the poor. No helping the sick. No trying to build a better community. Just a collection of people united in their mutual self righteousness and hatred for others. The glee with which these supposedly devout Christians ignore their own scriptures is truly stunning.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:37 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The Bible is the Word of God.
The bible is the word written by the hands of MANY men "supposedly" being the word of God. Just one of hundreds of Gods, at last count. Your God has no more claim to fame than any of the others invented by mankind to keep other men in line.

Using that representative book to govern the actions and behaviour of others is reprehensible and has nothing whatsoever to do with any religion which espouses to encourage love and peace for all.

Were it truly the word of an existant God; I choose to think he'd be really pissed at the way in which you folks are interpreting it to justify your fear and anger at anything you do not like!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyurban View Post
You know it's fine and most certainly dandy to have your own beliefs and opinions. However, be careful what you fill a kids head up with. Thats how they grow up to be the most hypocitical, greedy, arrogant bastards on earth.

Obviously this isn't a song those kids made up themselves. Some one taught them that. Don't be surprised if they turn out to be monsters.
They could indeed turn out to be just like that other so-called christian minister suggesting that homsexuals all be behind barbed wire or that other nutbar who thinks they should all be put to death.

Religion: the backbone of intolerance throughout history.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I suggest you go there and argue that with those people. I am a Christian, not a Moslem.
You're not a christian as defined by any religion I've ever been in contact with (frequent and many) in my 66 years of experience.

I'm having lunch with God this afternoon so I'll pose this question over the soup course and get back to you if kids should be taught by mere mortals to sing songs villifying ANYONE on his/her planet in his/her name.

Lest you should scoff at my dinner appointment; if you can profess to speak on his behalf simply because you've read a book written by men; I can postulate the proposition that I'm on "let's-do-lunch" terms with him, can I not?

Especially considering I'm not out there villifying any identifiable group of people suggesting they'll all burn in pergatory because they don't subscribe to your interpretation of a book written by hundreds of men.

Where do you people come from?

Old 05-30-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
I leave you to God.

The most sensible thing you've said so far!

Now you can sit back and relax knowing the issue will be dealt with by the very entity you profess to be speaking on behalf of.

Much less stress in your life, and you can take time to smell the roses, unless of course thorns are a sin too.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
To many beliving in total absurdity is better than existing in a completely indifferent universe. Believing they can petition God with prayer is better than realizing the is no God to recieve the petition becaue they would then be completely on their own.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:18 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,839,105 times
While I am appalled at the lyrics, forum and response, ... this isolated example of incredibly poor judgment does not provide a license to automatically trash all Christians and the Bible.

In that respect, there are far more examples of the far left seeking to impose their 'gay agenda' on kindergarden and pre-school children...and on society in general, under the auspices of 'equal rights' -- when, in reality, the goal is to impose the equal funding of homosexual lifestyles on an American public that doesn't want it!

Again, this 'redneck' version of "Aint no homos gonna get into heaven" ... particularly, as done in rote by a small child, is shameful and not an accurate or valid representation of Christianity.

Still, the Bible has some very specific things to say about relationships between men and men, and women and women -- and the notion that God and His Word can simply be innored or ridiculed is the height of foolish arrogance. (eg; Romans 1).

Old 05-30-2012, 10:23 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So Christian "love" should embrace actions we don't agree with?
Do you think Jesus would applaud children being brainwashed into singing "No homos going to make it to Heaven?

You people really need to read Matthew 7. 99.999% of you Conservatives ignore it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies