Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 05:34 PM

716 posts, read 558,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Look, no one is asking to do anything. You don't like, you know what? DON'T! That's YOUR PERSONAL issue. Those are YOUR FEELINGS...doesn't affect the next Joe.

Now when you want to GET IN THE WAY of people's rights because of how you feel, then that's where the problem is born. Trust me, most gay people do not want to move to no farm and take some ranch.

You respect their space and rights, and they will do the same. Very simple.

LIVE AND LET LIVE.
I still don't agree with it. That's MY right to feel that way. No, I'm not changing how I feel. I don't want to see gay ads in JCP on Fathers Day. I don't think very many other straight men do either outside of the far extreme radicals. If I'm the only one on here to feel that way...GREAT!! At least they know it's not all snookie-snookie all over the States. It's NOT!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 05:37 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBandit View Post
I still don't agree with it. That's MY right to feel that way. No, I'm not changing how I feel. I don't want to see gay ads in JCP on Fathers Day. I don't think very many other straight men do either outside of the far extreme radicals. If I'm the only one on here to feel that way...GREAT!! At least they know it's not all snookie-snookie all over the States. It's NOT!!
Wait a minute..are we on the same page. What is that you don't agree with.

No one is asking to agree with Gay's sexual orientation. You keep feeling the way you want, ok. I think we have established that we can all agree on that.

What you DON'T have the right to do, is get in the way of someone's personal life BECAUSE of how you feel.

But you keep feeling those feelings...no harm done, as long as you don't hurt a Gay person or interfere with their personal happiness.

But that won't happpen, cause aint no gays on the ranch, right?

Old 06-03-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Wait a minute..are we on the same page. What is that you don't agree with.

No one is asking to agree with Gay's sexual orientation. You keep feeling the way you want, ok. I think we have established that we can all agree on that.

What you DON'T have the right to do, is get in the way of someone's personal life BECAUSE of how you feel.

But you keep feeling those feelings...no harm done, as long as you don't hurt a Gay person or interfere with their personal happiness.

But that won't happpen, cause aint no gays on the ranch, right?
What I don't agree with is practically being forced to go along with the system and plan to be PC. I don't give a rip about being PC. Just so I made that clear. True I don't have any gays living around me. That doesn't mean that when I travel or head to work (in another town) that I don't run into some. The funny thing is, they don't seem to push the issue as others on here have. They KNOW straight men don't like them and do their best to stay out of our way. Growling usually helps along with a snarl or snap just like a junkyard dog!~lmao

Old 06-03-2012, 05:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Look, no one is asking to do anything. You don't like, you know what? DON'T! That's YOUR PERSONAL issue. Those are YOUR FEELINGS...doesn't affect the next Joe.

Now when you want to GET IN THE WAY of people's rights because of how you feel, then that's where the problem is born. Trust me, most gay people do not want to move to no farm and take some ranch.

You respect their space and rights, and they will do the same. Very simple.

LIVE AND LET LIVE.

Your my friend are exactly right. Make a big flippin whoppin deal out of something, and in turn, things will get blown out of proportion.

If people believed in live and let live, i guarantee this stuff would not be making headlines. Some are making such a big stink about all this that they are actually making things worse.

We each bleed the color red, until we bleed a different color, we are all the same.
And so many gays inspite of all their victories, will not come out, i know some still afraid too, do you blame them.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:01 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,887 times
Quote:
What I don't agree with is practically being forced to go along with the system and plan to be PC. I don't give a rip about being PC. Just so I made that clear. True I don't have any gays living around me. That doesn't mean that when I travel or head to work (in another town) that I don't run into some. The funny thing is, they don't seem to push the issue as others on here have. They KNOW straight men don't like them and do their best to stay out of our way. Growling usually helps along with a snarl or snap just like a junkyard dog!~lmao
LOL..you think all Gay men are prancing around town? LOL. You need to rent Broke Back Mountain.

Gay people don't go ranting around town about Gay rights, of course not. Gay people are very civil indeed.

No one is forcing you to go along with the system. How is that gonna happen? No one is gonna force you to be a witness at gay marriages at city hall. You are not gonna even know who's married or not.

It's gonna have little to zero impact on your life. Now, that Gay culture is more in the open on shows like Modern Family and Glee...don't worry, just don't watch it. All I can say is that so called "Gay Agenda" is fake.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:03 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
Quote:
What are you being forced to do, exactly?

Old 06-03-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
What are you being forced to do, exactly?
Part of the political agenda is making it so all us straight people send in thank you cards to JCP and such for pulling stunts like that. Make it so I have to promise not to zip up should I be taking a leak in the flea market horse trough urinal and "one" come in and start getting fresh with me. "It's ok...we're not allowed to be angry anymore". Shhhhyeah RIGHT!!

Old 06-03-2012, 06:24 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,261,700 times
Quote:
We can sense the frustration in your posts. Relax. Maybe someday you will feel comfortable coming out of the closet.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
We can sense the frustration in your posts. Relax. Maybe someday you will feel comfortable coming out of the closet.
See, that is what I'm talking about right there. They can't accept the fact people feel this way without resorting to "that". No need to worry about that. Maybe my lady friend would like to remind those gay men of that.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:24 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
That apparently all gay people are on this forum is why you like to give gay people hell? What a strange reason.
Quote:
Hey, they don't have any problem calling me a redneck or cracker. I am and don't try to deny it. I don't expect others to understand me or approve of me and the way I was raised and live my adult life. Stereotypes are fun until you are one. Just so all the gay people know not everyone out here kisses your butt and bows to you and approves of you. Maybe they do in your NYC neighborhood or LA condo. Seek opinions elsewhere and they will DIFFER greatly. To tell you the truth I don't really care what you do. Just don't expect US to like it and take your side like many other straight (at least half straight) folks on here are doing.
Well that went right over your head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies