Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 12:38 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
P.S. Do these numbers include bisexuals, or just homosexuals? That could make a BIG difference.
This story summarizes the best estimates we've got.

Williams Institute Report Reveals 9 Million Gay, Bisexual or Transgender Americans - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 03:50 AM

716 posts, read 558,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Firearms, muscle cars and dirty clothes, how - macho. You really are out to prove something today.
I'm not proving anything. I am getting a kick out of people thinking I am though. You should see a daily conversation between just MEN!! When you pose a immediate threat to someones manhood, they always get butthurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Wow! Talk about absolute ignorance.
How so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
How do you know what's accurate and what isn't when it comes to these kinds of statistics? Do you have any evidence, or are you just talking out your ass?
Naw, I just live in anti gay country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Big freaking woo.
I was changing transmissions out of '69 SS Chevelles by flashlight while you were still in diapers, little man.
And I didnt even chip my nail polish.
Dane is right, you sure are compensating for something.
Oh wow, how many bolts does that Rock Crusher or Turbo 400 even have? Can't answer, can ya? You're trying too hard to shame me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
I for one have always felt extremely masculine while driving a tractor, but I've never really thought about it being a sexual orientation thing.
It's not but it is funny just doing something simple like that tends to show it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
There are gay farmers, ranchers, firefighters, truck drivers, mechanics, machinists, carpenters, welders, commercial fisherman, and just about any other blue collar occupation imaginable...

Can their frail hands and egos take it...
That's funny, they are most often in food services and fashion from what I've seen. Not talking about the ex con who was converted in the pen and tries to get fresh with his construction co-workers who would bust him up if he tried something.

Quote:
Just because they're not "brave enough to show themselves" where you live, that doesn't mean they don't exist... around here it's probably way more than 4%, and they don't need to hide themselves. Boy do I love living in a place where everyone is accepted, and people don't have to be afraid of being themselves.
You don't have to be afraid of being yourself here. Yep, checked again...not gay and manly!

Quote:
So, holding hands and going to bars qualifies as "flaunting it?" Wow - I guess heterosexuals are MUCH more guilty of flaunting their sexuality! Thanks for making our points hold more water.

Btw, how do you know who's gay or not (when you encounter them in public), especially if they don't "flaunt it?" Do you go around asking everyone, or just assume they're straight if they don't fit your stereotypes of gay people? I'd bet there are more than you realize, they might even be living next-door to you... oh noes, you might catch the gay if you're not careful!!
Are you kidding? Gay men stand out like a sore thumb to guys like me. Hell, I even think some metro men act, dress and look like it.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:16 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBandit View Post
Are you kidding? Gay men stand out like a sore thumb to guys like me. Hell, I even think some metro men act, dress and look like it.
Here's an hilarious video of 3 gay guys who dress like they come from your neck of the woods. They probably even fart, burp and spill beer in public just like you do. But they can also dance.

I Say A Little Prayer - YouTube

Old 06-03-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Here's an hilarious video of 3 gay guys who dress like they come from your neck of the woods. They probably even fart, burp and spill beer in public just like you do. But they can also dance.
Don't even need to watch it to be able to tell. The hands on their hips give it away. My first boss out of high school told me..."son, you never want to hire a man who's hands are always in his pockets or on his hips". "They aren't going to be a hard worker". Decades later, I still believe him.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Don't even need to watch it to be able to tell. The hands on their hips give it away. My first boss out of high school told me..."son, you never want to hire a man who's hands are always in his pockets or on his hips". "They aren't going to be a hard worker". Decades later, I still believe him.
Sweetie, they were doing a 'camp' parody to the song/dance Say a Little Prayer from Glee. The dance starts with hands on the hips because that's how the girls from Glee did it.

But I'm laughing at how you seem to be completely oblivious to gay men who are 'bears'. For all you know, some of the big, macho, hairy, muscley, tractor drivin', gun shootin', fartin, burpin', beer swillin' men around you, are gay 'bears'. But because you seem to stereotype all gay men as effeminate, you wouldn't even pick them.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Sweetie, they were doing a 'camp' parody to the song/dance Say a Little Prayer from Glee. The dance starts with hands on the hips because that's how the girls from Glee did it.

But I'm laughing at how you seem to be completely oblivious to gay men who are 'bears'. For all you know, some of the big, macho, hairy, muscley, tractor drivin', gun shootin', fartin, burpin', beer swillin' men around you, are gay 'bears'. But because you seem to stereotype all gay men as effeminate, you wouldn't even pick them.
Oh, we can still tell who is and who isn't. It doesn't work like that. I don't think I've ever had a lesbian ever fool me either. Something is "off" or out of place. You can look the part all you want. If you don't stare at the women in bikinis washing cars at the lake...you're busted!

Old 06-03-2012, 04:48 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
People have not suddenly changed in the last 30 years. Looking back at my home town there were a few "gays" they were not called that- In fact there was no real label or title at that time. There were only three gays in town- Bob who liked to manage young rock bands...A 75 year old man and his partner...and Leslie...Not sure about Leslie though- he was an older kid who was just some horny jerk that looked for anything that had a heart beat.

Some will say that the numbers back then were small because people were still in the proverbial closet. I don't agree with that- No one was in the closet- everybody in town knew who and what every was.The harshest term used for gays back then was "gearbox"...I guess it defined a person that could switch gears from one sex to the other..I suppose that today's term would be bi-sexual...Which in past times described a guy that if he could not score a woman- he would attempt to be gratified with someone of the same sex.

The number of gays is highly inflated. It seems that the trend towards excepting this small segment of society can be summed up in this "Look- everybody is doing it"---It's approached like a fashion trend...

What I see that is over looked about gays and lesbians is the aspect that is NOT about sex and the act of sex. There are a lot of lesbian couples in my hood- I notice that most relationships are simply about long term companionship....about care and love between two woman. This fact is overlooked- We in the general population think that these people get together for sex...We constantly have sex on our minds and that is all we imagine when we look at the same sex phenomena..Also this is why these threads are so interesting- seems sex sells- any kind of sex.

Back to the point- Gays and Lesbians are a small minority. In my mind it was better when what people did was private- Straight society gets irritated when any minority gets too political or too vocal for too long. In closing and back to the lesbian factor- Some woman just don't want to be bothered with motherhood and husbands...If they find a person who is like minded and kind- they go for the simplicity of a quiet life to be lived in peace.

Lesbianism or what ever you want to call it is was common in other eras....Older woman living together were just two old ladies who never married...cos they just did not want too...

I believe the idea I am trying to get across is that we have overly sexualized every thing...and everybody.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:54 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,289 times
Why can't gay guys come on to City-Data and start threads about .. say Obama's decision to stop space shuttle missions, or the effect of Spain's economic troubles on the United States?

Instead it always has to be about two snaps or whatever.

Everyone knows you're gay. How about trying normal conversation (without getting all hard) and acting out?

Syracuse Basketball Profile Photos: An Analysis - Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician

Old 06-03-2012, 05:01 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,289 times
Quote:
If you don't stare at the women in bikinis washing cars at the lake...you're busted!
I don't know you ... please don't take offense.

You are absolutely right.

I've never been able to keep my eyes off of a hottie gal in a bikini.

In fact, men don't stop there. A man can see a girl wearing a raincoat and still find her hot. There's no denying that women drive men crazy. But in a good way.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
People have not suddenly changed in the last 30 years. Looking back at my home town there were a few "gays" they were not called that- In fact there was no real label or title at that time. There were only three gays in town- Bob who liked to manage young rock bands...A 75 year old man and his partner...and Leslie...Not sure about Leslie though- he was an older kid who was just some horny jerk that looked for anything that had a heart beat.

Some will say that the numbers back then were small because people were still in the proverbial closet. I don't agree with that- No one was in the closet- everybody in town knew who and what every was.The harshest term used for gays back then was "gearbox"...I guess it defined a person that could switch gears from one sex to the other..I suppose that today's term would be bi-sexual...Which in past times described a guy that if he could not score a woman- he would attempt to be gratified with someone of the same sex.

The number of gays is highly inflated. It seems that the trend towards excepting this small segment of society can be summed up in this "Look- everybody is doing it"---It's approached like a fashion trend...

What I see that is over looked about gays and lesbians is the aspect that is NOT about sex and the act of sex. There are a lot of lesbian couples in my hood- I notice that most relationships are simply about long term companionship....about care and love between two woman. This fact is overlooked- We in the general population think that these people get together for sex...We constantly have sex on our minds and that is all we imagine when we look at the same sex phenomena..Also this is why these threads are so interesting- seems sex sells- any kind of sex.

Back to the point- Gays and Lesbians are a small minority. In my mind it was better when what people did was private- Straight society gets irritated when any minority gets too political or too vocal for too long. In closing and back to the lesbian factor- Some woman just don't want to be bothered with motherhood and husbands...If they find a person who is like minded and kind- they go for the simplicity of a quiet life to be lived in peace.

Lesbianism or what ever you want to call it is was common in other eras....Older woman living together were just two old ladies who never married...cos they just did not want too...

I believe the idea I am trying to get across is that we have overly sexualized every thing...and everybody.
LOL! You really have no clue..... especially about lesbians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies