Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 09:30 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I do know this, since Obama has been in charge, our debt has risen four times the amount, then when Bush went out after 8 years....and Obama has only been in 4 years. Bush was in for 8 years, and what did he do to better this country, I voted for Obama and I'm extremely sorry I did. Then American's were so desperate for change....and that is what Obama promised and I bought it. He gave us change all right....sheesh....

I was scared to death that if something would happen to McCain, Paulin would be in charge, and I'm sorry to say, and I'll say nicely, she was extremely inexperienced, and in no way would she have made a good President.

Hillary yes, and I say that only because she has a set...and knows what she is talking about, however, I can't say as I agree with her totally. That is for sure....but Hillary would have made a better president than Pauline, however, I can't say that I'd be to thrilled about her policies unless she has seasoned in that department since her husband was president. She may have...? I just think Paulin was really bad, and believe a lot of other voters felt the same way. that is what killed McCain...

The reason I didn't vote for McCain was Palin, and only Palin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 09:32 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
People expect solutions now, and to be frank, there are none that are instantaneously going to solve a problem that was decades in the making. The effects of the Great Recession aren't going to be reversed in 4 years, maybe not 8 or 12 years. Some of the lost jobs will never come back. We can waste our time pointing fingers, or look into what actually caused the problem to begin with. That takes work and research in an age of the "there's an ap for that" instant gratification mentality.
how can a president, any president create more jobs when in fact, it is the corporations that are taking all our jobs to other countries....? And those that are left, guess what, they are declining in caring one iota about the worker...it's all about money, head count, take away the pensions, take away vacation days, sick days, berevement days....we are regressing...employees will not care b/c there are no jobs to go to, and everyone is afraid of loosing they're jobs...so, b/c there is no competition, they can get away with it. People are loosing they're jobs, they're homes...and now running out of any kind of benefits, b/c the illegals have sucked us dry. What do people do when they run out of unemployment? I don't think a lot of us know what's really going on out there until it happens to us....America is in dire straits...
am I wrong?

and I'm going to add something and that is, I'm going to be 64. My own maternal mother didn't want me, without going into to much information, TMI...LOL, she was all packed and ready to go for a coat hanger abortion. My great grandfather talked her out of it. And by God, that woman shouldn't have ever been a parent, and I'm glad I'm alive, I love life....so, that goes to show you, maybe, how I feel about abortion. But if you go for one, that is none of my business, and if you get one, there is the chance that you'll never forgive yourself as you grow older. But to tell you that you shouldn't, is none of my business....regardless.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 06-15-2012 at 09:51 AM..

Old 06-15-2012, 09:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:

It certainly didn't help his campaign by choosing her as his running mate.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:34 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:

yes, McCain made a very bad choice there, a really bad one!

Old 06-15-2012, 09:37 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
when you say women's issues, I suspect you mean abortion? I believe abortion should be available to women, b/c if it is not, then you make the underground a lucrative business and women will die. That said, I don't believe in abortion, but that is my personal prefrence...however, what I do with my life, or my unborn child's is between my God and myself. Gay marriage, is also a personal choice....this is a Free nation, and no matter how unfair you say it is to allow or not allow these things...we need to stop trying to tell people what to do. My god there are children being beaten, sexually abused, you have violent brutal drug related crimes. I hate drugs...hate them, however, if they were legal, then you take away the income of those who make tons of money off of them, including polititicans. The war on drugs, how idiotic, and good men are loosing they're lives over this fairy tale. Look at prohibition...why they danced in the streets when prohibition went into effect, why? Because now you made a lucrative business for criminals. Same thing with guns, you outlaw guns, now people are going to get rich selling them underground...same thing with abortion.
A rational post that is not partisan. How refreshing.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
when you say women's issues, I suspect you mean abortion? I believe abortion should be available to women, b/c if it is not, then you make the underground a lucrative business and women will die. That said, I don't believe in abortion, but that is my personal prefrence...however, what I do with my life, or my unborn child's is between my God and myself. Gay marriage, is also a personal choice....this is a Free nation, and no matter how unfair you say it is to allow or not allow these things...we need to stop trying to tell people what to do. My god there are children being beaten, sexually abused, you have violent brutal drug related crimes. I hate drugs...hate them, however, if they were legal, then you take away the income of those who make tons of money off of them, including polititicans. The war on drugs, how idiotic, and good men are loosing they're lives over this fairy tale. Look at prohibition...why they danced in the streets when prohibition went into effect, why? Because now you made a lucrative business for criminals. Same thing with guns, you outlaw guns, now people are going to get rich selling them underground...same thing with abortion.

For the most part, you and I are on the same page. Just my 2 cents on your reference with drugs. I am pro-marijuana all the way. However, I will agree that I despise the other substances, but quite simply the war on drugs is a huge failure.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:05 AM

49 posts, read 28,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Ron Paul for president in 2012 would be a good start.

Ron Paul the lunatic? haha no way in hell.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:06 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
It certainly didn't help his campaign by choosing her as his running mate.

His concession speech showed the man he was. That man disappeared during the campaign. I like McCain, he should have listened to his own gut and gone with his instincts. Palin was a mistake.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican View Post
Ron Paul the lunatic? haha no way in hell.
Obama, is that you?

Quote:
His concession speech showed the man he was. That man disappeared during the campaign. I like McCain, he should have listened to his own gut and gone with his instincts. Palin was a mistake.

No question.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:15 AM

49 posts, read 28,986 times
Quote:
Obama, is that you?

No question.

My name is Barry Hussein Soetoro from Kenya and I will be voting for Mitt Romney in 2012 election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies