Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 12:32 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

Who was that saying nobody cares about the stock going in the tank? Well they are taking a blood bath now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 01:01 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Million Moms never "burried" anything or anyone despite their publicity. Besides, aren't there only like 14 of them anyway? They are a small hate group, not a large force to be reckoned with, and they get noticed for being rediculous. That's it. There is nothing about this that's a gay issue unless it pleases you to think it is.

As said before, JCP has been on the brink for a long time, long before Ellen, MM, gay dads, price restructuring, rebranding, etc. It's another one of the old guard that is now having to fight for survival in a new economy. Even Chuck Norris can't change that fact.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:23 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Stockholders do and folks who have their money in 401K's probably do. Of course they are just all evil rich people most likely. **** on em right??

I feel sorry for an ex of mine, she has 20+ years with JCP and that stock is the primary piece in her retirement plan.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:32 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
People voted with their wallets. Million moms won.
Um, they stopped advertising and having sales too as part of a "always one low price" campaign.

Not sure there is any one smoking gun...more like lotsa shrapnel wounds.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:32 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Yep some are taking it on the chin for sure. My wife just had a pretty well off uncle pass a few months ago and she is going to get a pretty big chunk of change from his will. I honestly don't know where to put it. I'm thinking the mattress. lol

Old 06-19-2012, 01:36 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yep some are taking it on the chin for sure. My wife just had a pretty well off uncle pass a few months ago and she is going to get a pretty big chunk of change from his will. I honestly don't know where to put it. I'm thinking the mattress. lol
I thought you were starting an anti-cyber-bullying foundation. What happened?

Old 06-19-2012, 01:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Your grasp of retail marketing is astounding.
Image is important, and a fumbeled advertizing campaign can be a killer. I wonder what the guy was going to do next? Put up an ad with DeGeneres and her girlfriend puffing on a big fat marijuana joint? I am sure some people would find that cool, but most of us would be turned off.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:42 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
JC Penny is pretty popular in NM, which is mostly working-class. My observation is that their problem is more that they don't have skilled help. Their displays, especially in the menswear section, are always a mess, with stacks of product on the floor around the shelf displays. The place is unkempt. Retail pays really poorly, so that probably has something to do with it; they can't hire motivated staff. The rare employee the get who has a degree in business is underutilized. It's a poorly managed business. The same can be said for Wal-Mart and other chain stores. There's no attention to detail, and customers notice.
It sure is. The one by me seems to do great business. But, as you note, open registers and floor help are few and far between. It can be very frustrating trying to get out of the store in a timely manner with purchases.
The Kohl's has lots of people available to help and answer questions and their people are constantly straightening up. Makes a big difference.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:43 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,344,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Million Mom's BURIED JCP. It was a family store, and families were turned off by new gay-store image. If people do not show up at the store, it doesn't matter how your product is priced . JCP should have listened to the public opinon, but they decided to try something new, and I hope they learned their lesson.

I did not go to JCP even one time after DeGeneres stepped in.
"Buried"? Ha...you're wrong. JCP is a competitor of mine, so I've been following them for years. I'll give you this...Da Moms is a miniscule problem for JCP. ~Henry Clay

Price and product is a much more important to retail than public opinion. ie. Walmart.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:45 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Seeing as how sales dropped significantly when they instituted the new pricing, most economists say that was where the problem. MOST people never even noticed the ads until "million moms" raised a stink over them.
The ads reacheds the people all right, and they did not help the sales. Do you call that a successful ad campaing, or a flop? I call it a flop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies