Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 01:47 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
People voted with their wallets. Million moms won.
If business were only that simple...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 01:47 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What do we have now Home Depot, Target, JC Penny, Safeway among others pushing this new gay agenda. Are they being led there are are these people in charge so dumb they can't look at their customer base? Is the gay army using the strong arm, or should I say limp wrist, technique that Jesse and his rainbow crew used to in order to influence these companies with threats of picketing and boycotting all to be played out in the MSM? After all you are vilified now if you don't agree with the new militant gay army. A homophobe I think is the term they like to throw around. I guess time will tell.
Home Depot? Really? That's too bad, because Lowe's is a few miles further from where I live, but I guess I'll just have to drive the extra mile. No big deal I suppose...

Old 06-19-2012, 01:50 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
One "Thousand" Mom's has very little to do with JCP's poor year. It's the "Fair and Square" pricing and new merchandising that has absolutely killed them. Outside of the people who watch cable news cycle and message boarders, (which is a miniscule % of the population) people don't know or care about JCP's support of the LGBT community. Face it...shoppers love coupons and frumpy clothing.

Retail is about price and product. Believe me, I know...I've been a retailer for 20 years. It's the Walmart mentality. Lots of people loathe Walmart and still shop there.
I agree. Look at how people turn out to get their "Kohl's cash" even when the majority probably never go back to redeem it. That and the "you saved X dollars" when you check-out.
People want to believe that they saved and/or got something extra for their money even if they know in their hearts that the "sale" prices are probably what the stuff should sell for anyway.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:51 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The ads reacheds the people all right, and they did not help the sales. Do you call that a successful ad campaing, or a flop? I call it a flop.
How long was the ad campaign with the two dads?

Old 06-19-2012, 01:52 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Do all of you people blaming the drop in sale for JCP know that nearly EVERY company markets directly to gays?
If their failure was because of that, then just about every company would be going under.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:55 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
How long was the ad campaign with the two dads?
I think DeGeneres was hired in January, and it has been a free fall ever since then, and the "two dads" was the last nail on the coffin.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:02 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,077 times
Quote:
I think DeGeneres was hired in January, and it has been a free fall ever since then, and the "two dads" was the last nail on the coffin.
In January? When the stock took a sharp rise in value and stayed there through the beginning of March? jcpenney - Investor Relations - Stock Quote & Stock Chart

Just keep pulling stuff out of your a$$ to make it seem like the JC Penney stock decline is because of some ads rather than the beyond stupid marketing ploy that got rid of sales and coupons.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:06 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Stockholders do and folks who have their money in 401K's probably do. Of course they are just all evil rich people most likely. **** on em right??
Since the whole point of you bringing up this thread is to blame it on the "gayz"!, yes.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:10 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times
Quote:
Home Depot? Really? That's too bad, because Lowe's is a few miles further from where I live, but I guess I'll just have to drive the extra mile. No big deal I suppose...
I've always been a Lowe's guy for some reason. I don't like Home Depot's colors mebbe. We have three hardware store oasis's around here. All of em got a Depot, Lowe's and Menards right next to each other. Pick your poison.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:11 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Do all of you people blaming the drop in sale for JCP know that nearly EVERY company markets directly to gays?
If their failure was because of that, then just about every company would be going under.
Indeed.

One has to wonder if these people stopped to think for one second before posting that JCP is failing because everyone else hates gay people just as much as they do.

Did any of them stop to consider why they hired Ellen and changed their sales efforts in the first place? Stop to wonder why Cover Girl and American Express aren't dead?

The trouble for JC Penney is that no matter how good their spokesperson (and Ellen is quite popular), it doesn't make any difference if people show to your stores and leave empty handed. Their selection sucks, their prices aren't that good, and many of the stores look like they're trapped in 1984 - just like Sears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies