Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 09:13 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,408,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Most of those states rank horribly in education. Do you think that maybe that has something to do with those other stats?

Well helenejen, since one has to be pretty stupid to get an STD in the first place, you might just have a point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 09:18 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,068,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Thanks for reminding me to send that cheque off to Planned Parenthood.
Why don't you just ask to sit in during the "procedure"?

I'm sure it's on your bucket list!

Old 07-02-2012, 09:18 PM

30,285 posts, read 23,772,836 times
Quote:
Good god, do you people read what posts are responding to. Of course they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive of one another. But unplanned pregnancies can also be wanted pregnancies.
Good God can you do anything but bleat out insults constantly? Your argument FAILED and you resort to a head smack icon. Did you miss your nap?

Quote:
And I'm suppose to care about this why exactly?
Thank you for showing everyone your true colors. You simply do not care about human life. Why don't you just say it up front instead of dancing around b.s. like "women's health". You don't care about health, you don't even care about human life.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:27 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,232,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
1st grade all over again huh? If you can't take the heat, maybe you should get away from the fire. Just a suggestion.
Right because it's such a good idea to let personal attacks go unreported. Brilliant! That was CD can become even more of a cesspool than it already because of people like you.

Oh. You were serious?

Old 07-02-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And for every abused person who feels as you do......there is one who feels as I do.

I would rather have been aborted than forced on parents who did not want me. I would rather have been aborted than brought into an abusive home. I would rather have been aborted than brought into this life with a handicap.

Should we legislate how I feel into law?
Blah, blah, blah.

YOU would have, I would not and there are many others who went through similar situations as I did and many who have handicaps, as you call them, who are very much glad to be alive.

You know, you should probably spend your time doing some volunteer work for those very people so that you can get a clue that some people in this world are just happy to be alive even if they or their lives aren't/weren't perfect. YOU should not get to make that decision. But how easy it is for you to say it's ok when you already have your life.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
TL;DR. Though I'm sure your story is touching and all that good nonsense.

Abortion =/= murder since the fetus never drew in the breath of life nor has the mother pushed he or she into the world yet.

Get your facts straight.
Maybe you should have read it before opening your pie hole. You just made yourself look like a complete buffoon.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofDixie View Post
Adoption is pretty great. My parents adopted my younger brother and it turned out really well for him. He's very successful in life. I would rather give a child a chance to make something of themselves than to take away the gift of life.

Childish, much? You made a bigoted statement. That makes you a bigot. Ignorance and bigotry also occur when you pigeonhole people or, in your case, an entire state.
Good for your younger brother. The only one who's calling anyone bigoted here and showcasing EXACTLY what I'm talking about, thus proving my point, is you. So again - you're showing your true colors just because someone disagrees with you and has a difference of opinions.

My, my just can't lay off the personal attacks can we? Well now that I know exactly how you operate, there's not reason to bother with you anymore.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Maybe you should have read it before opening your pie hole. You just made yourself look like a complete buffoon.
Pretty sure I'm typing texts and not talking. Get a grip, will ya?

I didn't make myself look like anything. That's just your incorrect perception leading you to make an assumption. You know what they say about those who make assumptions, right?

Old 07-02-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
One thing that I'll say for the so-called pro-lifers, they have no problem making their hypocrisy clear for all to see. Disgusting!
Wrong.

Innocent babies don't get a say in the matter. You self aborting, you make that decision...you know, since it's perfectly acceptable and all...knock yourself out.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:33 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,613,878 times
Quote:
Good God can you do anything but bleat out insults constantly? Your argument FAILED and you resort to a head smack icon.
Really?

Quote:
There's a difference between an unplanned pregnancy and an unwanted pregnancy.
Quote:
NO, dear, there is NOT a difference. Unplanned and unwanted can be one in the same.
"Can be" means isn't always. You seriously now seem to be arguing that every unplanned pregnancy is an unwanted pregnancy, even though your use of "can" illustrates that that isn't the case, as I made clear.

Quote:
Did you miss your nap?
Mmmmm, nothing like a good nap.

Quote:
Thank you for showing everyone your true colors. You simply do not care about human life. Why don't you just say it up front instead of dancing around b.s. like "women's health". You don't care about health, you don't even care about human life.
This is what you got from this exchange?

Quote:
You will never win this argument with me. EVER! What is ridiculous is you not recognizing that some of us are LIVING PROOF of why your logic is FLAWED!
Quote:
And I'm suppose to care about this why exactly?
Have you been diagnosed with a narcissism disorder? I don't care in the least if you change your mind or not. You base your whole argument on emotion. There's no reasoning with that, so why in the world would you think that I am trying to change your mind? You aren't using reason. This is perfectly evident by the way that you jump from me asking about why I should care about you changing your mind to an emotional vomit about not caring about human life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies