Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:29 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Mitt Romney is blacker than him.
And this right here is the Lefty version of racism! Make digs about blacks and how black a black person is.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:30 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ironically, while edward does have quite the history of articles like this....the one he has posted actually does show racism. Basically, the city only gives a crap if crimes occur near the nice areas affecting tourism or richer people. This has been their operating mode for 40+ years.

Chicago lets the bad areas police themselves more or less. Gang members killing gang members with acceptable collateral damage levels.
Do you really think Edward or people who think like him really care about poor Blacks killing other poor Blacks?? Do you really think people spend more than 5 seconds thinking about this??

I've lived in neighborhoods like that, very few people outside of those neighborhoods care, the OP is no exception. Crocodile tears. He uses the murder rate to rant against Blacks.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:32 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Avoiding realities? You post about people you don't associate with or care to associate it. How is this a reality for you.

I live in Chicago, I grew up on the South and West sides, I have friends who live on the West side. What do you know about any of this violence?? Nothing except what you read in the papers. Does't affect you or anyone you know in suburbia.

If you really cared, you and your anti-Black cohorts should do something about it. Join the guardian angels and come to Chicago and patrol the streets. Otherwise you are just puffing your chest and whining. You offer zero solutions, just more Black bashing.
Ironically you come off as more indifferent and unconcerned since you fail to see a problem in your own backyard. Dead Blacks aren't a concern unless they start robbing folks along Michigan Ave.

So in you warped world view individuals can only comment on events if they happen to you personally? So how has Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh impacted you personally? Your obsession with these two indiviuals has been documented before.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:33 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Avoiding realities? You post about people you don't associate with or care to associate it. How is this a reality for you.

I live in Chicago, I grew up on the South and West sides, I have friends who live on the West side. What do you know about any of this violence?? Nothing except what you read in the papers. Does't affect you or anyone you know in suburbia.

If you really cared, you and your anti-Black cohorts should do something about it. Join the guardian angels and come to Chicago and patrol the streets. Otherwise you are just puffing your chest and whining. You offer zero solutions, just more Black bashing.
I'm sure Edward cares as much about the violence in Chicago (largely impacting just the poor and minorities)....just as much as Mayor D did.

No doubt Rahm Emanuel whom was given the mayorship (in exchange for the white house COS job he traded to Bill Daley) will change the cities practice of isolating poor areas and targeted police action (of nice areas).

The peoples republic of Chicago. I'd suggest you try to vote for change there but you can't.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:34 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Do you really think Edward or people who think like him really care about poor Blacks killing other poor Blacks?? Do you really think people spend more than 5 seconds thinking about this??

I've lived in neighborhoods like that, very few people outside of those neighborhoods care, the OP is no exception. Crocodile tears. He uses the murder rate to rant against Blacks.
Well it's clear you don't care, disingenous white liberal.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:34 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,420 times
Quote:

I agree with most of what you said except the joining the guardian angels, they themselves are just as bad and create more problems.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Ironically you come off as more indifferent and unconcerned since you fail to see a problem in your own backyard. Dead Blacks aren't a concern unless they start robbing folks along Michigan Ave.
You finally speak the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So in you warped world view individuals can only comment on events if they happen to you personally? So how has Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh impacted you personally? Your obsession with these two indiviuals has been documented before.
Never said you couldn't comment, just stated the obvious, that you really dislike and love to rip on a segment of the population, just the same way I love to rip on Palin and Limbaugh. The same way you post threads about Blacks to ridicule them, I post threads to ridicule Limbaugh. Are you done hijacking your own thread or you want some more???

Old 07-12-2012, 07:37 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
You finally speak the truth

Never said you couldn't comment, just stated the obvious, that you really dislike and love to rip on a segment of the population, just the same way I love to rip on Palin and Limbaugh. The same way you post threads about Blacks to ridicule them, I post threads to ridicule Limbaugh. Are you done hijacking your own thread or you want some more???
Don't you like to rip on a segment of the population called conservatives? TOUCHE!

Old 07-12-2012, 07:37 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,507 times
People no one has answered the important and fundamental question of why in the world anyone would visit Chicago...

Old 07-12-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Don't you like to rip on a segment of the population called conservatives? TOUCHE!
Not conservatives, crazy conservatives. Half of my family is conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies