Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2012, 09:22 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
than move to canada if you hate blacks so much. Nobody is stopping you.
There are blacks in Canada as well. I think Iceland or Antarctica might be best for him.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:30 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Should have picked our own cotton. Just think....massively reduced crime, no Bloods....No Crips......No rap music......no NAACP....no Al Sharpton....no Trayvon Martin.......no crack......no Sally Beauty Supply shops........
Given the nature of hatred and prejudice, there would have been another group who would have been scapegoated. Without blacks there probably would have been no "white" Americans, just European nationalities who hated each other in the New World just like they did in the Old.

I take it you're unaware of the Five Points and Gangs of New York, and totally unaware of the 19th century US. Since we're talking about Chicago here, you're aware that Chicago in 1900 had the highest violent crime rate of any city in the world (twice as high as New York and four times as high as London) and the black population of Chicago back then was very small.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
In this particular case (Chicago's crime problems)

Inferior Schools (Leads to less opportunities for the youth)
Completely depressed neighborhoods (ever been to some of the South and West Sides here?)
The Drug War (Leads to increases in violence and a revenue source that keeps gangs in business)
Police Corruption (Leads to a distrust of law enforcement)
Drug Addiction (Obvious problems)
Lack of social services in depressed areas (Needs to be more counseling centers, rehab centers, etc)
Lack of job opportunities

Those are just a few that I could come up with off the top of my head.
I would agree with most of those, but there is job opportunities in Chicago, but many believe it isnt worth their time. Also, there are many counseling centers, rehabs, and youth programs in these neighborhoods, just not enough take advantage of them.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I had to LOL at that one. They do have an aisle for White people.
The vast majority of the beauty shops in the hood are owned by Koreans.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:01 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,881,944 times
Quote:
In this particular case (Chicago's crime problems)

Inferior Schools (Leads to less opportunities for the youth)
Completely depressed neighborhoods (ever been to some of the South and West Sides here?)
The Drug War (Leads to increases in violence and a revenue source that keeps gangs in business)
Police Corruption (Leads to a distrust of law enforcement)
Drug Addiction (Obvious problems)
Lack of social services in depressed areas (Needs to be more counseling centers, rehab centers, etc)
Lack of job opportunities

Those are just a few that I could come up with off the top of my head.
h

So in other words its somebody else's fault. It's the fault of the school, neighborhood, drugs, or police. It's never the parents right? The single most important root issue and you don't even mention it. Sad..

Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
I posted a NY Times article. The last paragraph are comments from a woman in that neighborhood who says pre-teens are on that corner all hours of the day and night 24/7.

Do you allow your pre-teen (10-11-12) to come and go as he pleases at any hour of the day and night ?

We're dancing around the problem looking for scape goats. Arrest the parents on child abuse and put the kids in foster care or devise something else besides foster care. Get the kids into a decent home environment that at least gives them a chance.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I posted a NY Times article. The last paragraph are comments from a woman in that neighborhood who says pre-teens are on that corner all hours of the day and night 24/7.

Do you allow your pre-teen (10-11-12) to come and go as he pleases at any hour of the day and night ?

We're dancing around the problem looking for scape goats. Arrest the parents on child abuse and put the kids in foster care or devise something else besides foster care. Get the kids into a decent home environment that at least gives them a chance.
The lack of parenting and intact families is THE major issue. But how do you solve it?

Foster care and/or group homes are NOT the answer.

How do you get these kids into a decent home environment?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:13 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
I really wish this site would ban racist posters so we could start getting to the root of our problems in this country.
Who determines who's a racist ? The following comment can certainly be construed racist from my perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There are blacks in Canada as well. I think Iceland or Antarctica might be best for him.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:15 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
The vast majority of the beauty shops in the hood are owned by Koreans.
Do you have something against Koreans ? Why don't Blacks open shops and other blacks support them ?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:16 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
From someone who is allegedly black and who would be profiled and contained according to his own recommendations.
I don't believe for a nanosecond that Edward is black...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies