Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:39 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Do you really think Edward or people who think like him really care about poor Blacks killing other poor Blacks?? Do you really think people spend more than 5 seconds thinking about this??

I've lived in neighborhoods like that, very few people outside of those neighborhoods care, the OP is no exception. Crocodile tears. He uses the murder rate to rant against Blacks.
I'm not defending Edward, his opinion on the matter is irrelevant to me as is his sincerity or lack thereof on the topic.

So, I'm just actually discussing the topic and the quite frankly classist and racist policies which still exist in Chicago.

One big reason people don't really care is they don't want to be seen bashing the city government and give people any fodder for D vs. R political stupidity. Can't bash the Daleys or Emanuel....because that might reflect badly on the party.

F-that. MLK himself had to come march in Chicago....Mayor Daley lied to his face and showed him the door. Here we are 40-years later and some of it has gotten better and some of it hasn't.

P.S. My buddy grew up in one of the towers on S. Stoney straight west of the museum of science & industry. Shame that place has gotten a lot worse in the last 25 years or so.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:41 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
true of new orleans and detroit and memphis. white guilt will not keep tourism up. black on black violence needs some attention. time for the community to drag out the dirty laundry and get it clean. little archie bunker is not the problem. .

Old 07-12-2012, 07:43 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
You finally speak the truth

Never said you couldn't comment, just stated the obvious, that you really dislike and love to rip on a segment of the population, just the same way I love to rip on Palin and Limbaugh. The same way you post threads about Blacks to ridicule them, I post threads to ridicule Limbaugh. Are you done hijacking your own thread or you want some more???
Actually the comment was directed to you. You as a local have stated that since the Blacks shooting each other gangbangers why care.

So your indifference has been noted.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:43 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
We alteady have that.
Not really

Old 07-12-2012, 07:45 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
People no one has answered the important and fundamental question of why in the world anyone would visit Chicago...
You obviously have never visited a big city. Tons of stuff to do.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:45 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm not defending Edward, his opinion on the matter is irrelevant to me as is his sincerity or lack thereof on the topic.

So, I'm just actually discussing the topic and the quite frankly classist and racist policies which still exist in Chicago.

One big reason people don't really care is they don't want to be seen bashing the city government and give people any fodder for D vs. R political stupidity. Can't bash the Daleys or Emanuel....because that might reflect badly on the party.

F-that. MLK himself had to come march in Chicago....Mayor Daley lied to his face and showed him the door. Here we are 40-years later and some of it has gotten better and some of it hasn't.

P.S. My buddy grew up in one of the towers on S. Stoney straight west of the museum of science & industry. Shame that place has gotten a lot worse in the last 25 years or so.
Exactly. One thing very telling about posters who attack me or my motives is that they rarely comment on the story. Rarely offer any views, just attaks and strawman arguments. My reasons or views should be irrelevant focus on the very serious subject matter.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:49 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

The problem is that you are probably the only person on this thread who has brought up the racist policies of segregation. Courtesy of papa Daley, his son, and now, probably Rahm, the anointed one.

I wouldn't be surprised if some accuse you of race baiting for bringing this up. I agree, this is a result of a systematic problem that began decades ago. It's been largely confined to the ghettos and with the failing economy is going to the wealthier parts.

The ghettos are the canary of society. I wish this discussion would continue, but let's be honest, this thread will basically go back to bashing Blacks and Democrats, which was the intended purpose.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
The problem is that you are probably the only person on this thread who has brought up the racist policies of segregation. Courtesy of papa Daley, his son, and now, probably Rahm, the anointed one.

I wouldn't be surprised if some accuse you of race baiting for bringing this up. I agree, this is a result of a systematic problem that began decades ago. It's been largely confined to the ghettos and with the failing economy is going to the wealthier parts.

The ghettos are the canary of society. I wish this discussion would continue, but let's be honest, this thread will basically go back to bashing Blacks and Democrats, which was the intended purpose.
It's not just Chicago. You have these ghetto areas in almost every middle and large city across the US.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:56 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,000 times
Quote:
You obviously have never visited a big city. Tons of stuff to do.
LOL I live in da big city! I've visited Chicago DOZENS of times. The weather is crap and the only thing I like to see is the art museum.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:56 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,558 times
I can understand why liberals like Chicago because it is one of the most segregated large cities in this nation. They can have their cake and eat it too. On one hand, they can go drink a Mocha chai tea latte w/ no cream and a shot of skim in the loop, later they can go walk on the Magnificent Mile without having to really worry. Then later when they go home, they can bash a man for starting a thread on CD claiming he is racist, even though his thread is grounded in truth. Then they can claim to be open minded, all the while looking down on EdwardA for his so called racist views. When in reality, EdwardA is a few steps further along in the process towards a solution to the problem in the first place. Dealing in reality can be diffcult for some. The world can be a dangerous and nasty place. Calling others racist, or saying 'Cant we all get along' may make a naive person feel good but really at the end of the day what is it going to solve?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies